US documents required for marriage in Jordan

Hello!  :D

I am an American getting married to a Jordanian in Amman. I wanted to know if it is required for my birth certificate to be legalized to present to the Sharia court. I have never been married so it is to my understanding that the only items I need are my passport, a birth certificate, and the non existent proof of eligibility to marry letter from the US embassy.

I have the original certified copy of my birth certificate. I just need to know if it is necessary to go through this lengthy legalization process to use it in Jordan to get married. My Google searches have failed me with this one. Haha!

Thanks!

Hi
You Need All Documents To Be Stamped And Approved By The US Ministry of Foreign Affairs Then The US Embassy in Jordan Will Approve It.
Also, You Need A Proof That You Are Not married In The US And You Will Need To Sign A paper That You Will Not Mary Another Woman As Long AS The Jordanian Is legally Your Wife

Yet Jordanian is a polygamist country. A letter stating that he isn't married before is still required. I ask because I'm now confused as I want to Marry in Jordan but I'll be the second wife and am looking for an answer as well.

Rxtrejo wrote:

Yet Jordanian is a polygamist country. A letter stating that he isn't married before is still required. I ask because I'm now confused as I want to Marry in Jordan but I'll be the second wife and am looking for an answer as well.

You can marry if you have no problems about your position as a second wife but the USA will never accept this marriage.

My position as a second wife is not a problem for me. Are there any residency requirements as foreigners since neither my fiancé or I are residents in Jordan. He is a Muslim arab man. If you know the general requirements as I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Are you planning to live in Jordan? Your fiancee lives here? As he's not a Jordanian he knows what the requirements are for being a resident, or at least the procedure: renew every year.

Hello thanks for the reply. We are both foreigners and live In arab countries but don't have residency in Jordan nor plan to stay only marry in the beautiful country and then come back.

We don't know the requirements, which is why we are reaching out on this website. I find information online that is not consistent.

is this forum open ? canna ax you lots a question ?

1 ) The US Ministry of Foreign Affairs - is there an address ?
1A it stamps & approves all of which documents ?

2 ) how does one get a proof one was not married ?
2B is it like a formal form or simply one writes it out oneself ?

f.hussein wrote:

is this forum open ? canna ax you lots a question ?

1 ) The US Ministry of Foreign Affairs - is there an address ?
Contact the American embassy in Abdoun, Amman.
1A it stamps & approves all of which documents ?
Yes

2 ) how does one get a proof one was not married ?
By getting an official paper from your hometown.
2B is it like a formal form or simply one writes it out oneself ?