Starting a small business in Amman

Hello everyone

I'm back to Jordan after being away for sone years and I'm trying to find out what business I can think of in Amman

Can you suggest ideas ?

Yeaaaaa!
open a playstation 3 and x box gaming center!
believe me, you will literally make thousands a day.

youth are insane for these places, specially me,
I go to them , guys spend more than 10 hours everyday there it's always crowded and never asleep!

or, they opened a new university in Madaba (German Jordanian univeristy)

With no shops around, you can consider building a coffe shop there, or a resturant :).

I've been told and I saw in my own community that starting an business is a hard thing to do.
But I hope you will succeed

Well said!!! :top:

:one organizedchaos

PS: Can you please lower caps lock when writing? ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I think it wouldbe a good idea to buy the building before you open a shop in it. Some landlords in Jordan are very good at seeing what the people they lease their shops to do as far as business goes, and then, if it goes well, not renewing the lease and just stealing the business for their own relatives.

Housing all the way....

We are ready to investing in Jordan as we found a huge potential in steel industrial in Jordan.. Cooperate with landlord is our frist choice.. We have to do market research in the past few months... However what make us headache is it seems some Natives are not so credible..
What deb568 said is right.. "If things goes well, not renewing the lease" that is likely to happen...
Best wish for all of us.

Its all  depending of what investment you have in mind... if big projects then I agree with  organizedchaos ... .. and what kind of business you want.. its better to do business in something you know and have experience...

a good restaurant of coffe-shop ... in a good place in Amman , your investment goes up-to 150% ... of course if you know how to handle your business ...

Hi,

I would suggest food.  People always have a little extra to spend on a great sandwich, or delicious cupcake.

Good luck!

Thank you all

I decided to invest in building a villa for me instead of loosing the money

And extra goes for a car wash business, I'm searching right place now

[Moderated]

I AM FROM PAKISTAN AND DOING BUSINESS IN BAHRAIN. I WANT TO MAKE A COMPANY LLC AND WANT TO RUN A MINI MART IN AMMAN WITH 100 % OWNER SHIP, AND HOW MUCH AMOUNT IS REQUIRED FOR ALL PROCESS?
A FOREIGNER CAN DO TRADE BUSINESS WITH OUT A LOCAL PERSON?
(BUSINESS LIKE MINI MART, RETAIL SHOP. RESTORENT )

@IBRAHIM 30 -> Can you please lower your caps lock when writing so as to ease the reading? :)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Welcome back..

Please make sure you consult but never listen to what people think/advise!
Starting a business is not easy in Jordan unless you have the required expertise!! also, make sure to tour the market and understand consumer behaviour in Jordan, especilly those you are targeting in jordan.

You cannot open a business to attract "fancy" and upper class clients, because they simply do not pay. and lower class have no money to pay.
Unfortunately, real estate, food and garments are the only string medium businesses ideas in Jordan.

Good luck

I have suggested a Real Car Wash business to my family before... no one takes me serious. For a very large investment..... GAS STATION. Self serve, pay at the pump, with inside store. The catch... in the city. There is a real shortage of gas stations throughout the city. I know this is initially a very LARGE investment, but it would turn a profit  for sure in a year or two.

Gas station with a carwash.... amman needs more of both

I have other ideas, but i'm saving the less expensive ideas for myself.... less competition, more business for me :)

Or think weddings or kids.... these are the things that never end and what people spend savings on.

to built new contraction this will take huge matter and cost with  care follow from you in parts of building you can search for ready contraction villa and I advice you not to be in the two crawdad places like abdoun or der ghbar ,safe you money with best chose.

Be careful who you trust...I've been here 3+ years and have tried to do several businesses and in the end the persons I was dealing with were liars and theives...but there is still hope...I still have many ideas, especially for the youth, if you'd like to talk about them, please PM me...I am from America..and unlike my government :) honest...lol

peacelovelight wrote:

Be careful who you trust...I've been here 3+ years and have tried to do several businesses and in the end the persons I was dealing with were liars and theives...but there is still hope...I still have many ideas, especially for the youth, if you'd like to talk about them, please PM me...I am from America..and unlike my government :) honest...lol

I can really relate to that. I was conned by my sister-in-law's husband's nephew 2 years' ago. Supposedly, we were in a venture to bring in foreign maids. Alas, I lost my money and made a police report, got a lawyer. There were 11 of us whom he cheated. Up to this day,  the man who cheated us is still free. Police didn't do much. Hopeless!!

Oh, so sorry to hear that...yeah, I was actually hesitating to mention that family members are quite often more ruthless than just your average Joe-Shmo off the street...I've had two of my favorite nephews steal right from my home...and other family members just take my belongings...the latest loss a $5000 Italian leather trenchcoat...it sucks big time...bottom line, don't trust anyone.
Oh...and the biggie..my mother's entire life savings...now she is back in the states living with my brother on her social security...lost it all in one year here...it's so sad...I wished I had known...

you can start in