Private message system?

I don't think the chat system I've installed is really useful ... it might disappear in a few months.

Maybe an internal private messaging system would be better?

Please let me know what you think,

Julien

How do you see this working?  Kind of like e-mail without the address?

It would be some kind of mailboxes on the forum (without email address). It could help to improve the exchanges between our members.

But as I didn't get any response on that topic ... I didn't implement that functionality

Some of the boards I use have the private message (PM) system and it is a terrific way to get in contact with an idividual without giving your email address. I vote yes for that type of system here.

Bob K

Private message will be OK, without exposing the email address.

I advise that the message should go directly to email ad inbox with link to Expat-blog page (see how FB does it).

Marissa

I haven't the slightest idea how this website works. Can't sent a msg (even after posting a topic) and don't see any chat system available anywhere. How do i contact other members?
If it's too difficult, i'll just cancel my account. Please do tell me how to do that as well.
Thanks.

Petite Noreen wrote:

I haven't the slightest idea how this website works. Can't sent a msg (even after posting a topic) and don't see any chat system available anywhere. How do i contact other members?
If it's too difficult, i'll just cancel my account. Please do tell me how to do that as well.
Thanks.

Hello Petite Noreen and welcome to Expat.com!

Did you know that there is a forum dedicated to Malaysia?
Here is the link to the Malaysin forum.

Go and check out the latest discussions there. Maybe there are people there who are searching for infos or tips whom you can help? Or people who'd like to connect with locals?

I wish you good luck.

Have a nice week end

Arlette

PS: My husband was in your country some years ago on a mission and he enjoyed it very much!

Regarding the private message system, we set up a few rules a while ago; everything is explained here: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=23238

Find activities and meet other expats

OR