EID HOLIDAY!

We received a circular yesterday for the eid and it will start on August 18 until 25!
So it will gonna be a long vacation so do you guys have any plans on holiday?
Maybe you guys could share with us so we could have new ideas on how to spend this weeklong vacation!!!
:)

Any ideas, suggestions?

Thanks!

Lucky you're getting so many holidays. I might get only 4-5 days. :(

I have too 10 days off and off to......... :)

Most of the folks I know are headed out the evening of the 15th so the airport should be a madhouse then.  I am flying out early morning of the 16th so, hopefully, all the craziness will be gone by then.

houstonian wrote:

Most of the folks I know are headed out the evening of the 15th so the airport should be a madhouse then.  I am flying out early morning of the 16th so, hopefully, all the craziness will be gone by then.

I bet its gonna be a fish market and I'm flying the day before !! :)

i will work for eid holidays straight working hours, so it will include in my vacation list ( annual 45+5 days) yahoooooo

lol :P

seeker of truth wrote:

We received a circular yesterday for the eid and it will start on August 18 until 25!

I am curious why you received that circular only yesterday.  My company sent out a blast email regarding the eid holidays about a month or so ago.  I actually did not make travel plans until much later so I had very few options left.

wilson_derry wrote:

i will work for eid holidays straight working hours, so it will include in my vacation list ( annual 45+5 days) yahoooooo

lol :P

My annual leave is 45 days so when they insist I take off for EID (most of the expats request to work), I feel like I'm being cheated out of my annual leave days since that time off is subtracted from annual leave!

It's actually a great time to work--very quiet!  Bad time to be on holiday--crowds and inflated prices!

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Thanks! Its the second time after 4 years! Yay!

houstonian wrote:
seeker of truth wrote:

I am curious why you received that circular only yesterday.  My company sent out a blast email regarding the eid holidays about a month or so ago.  I actually did not make travel plans until much later so I had very few options left.

Yeah maybe because they were still concerned about when the moon will appear! They declare the holiday a week before and that happens almost every year!:)

@houstonian & Samoans: Bon voyage!!

@Wilson & ghanshyam: don't worry! I'll gonna work on eid! Is the only time in a year when we can experience the luxury of overtime! :)

But still need to find way to spend the remaining holidays worthwhile!

Any suggestions??:rolleyes:

@Wilson & ghanshyam: don't worry! I'll gonna work on eid! Is the only time in a year when we can experience the luxury of overtime! smile

sorry no overtime only adjustment (eid vacation) to enjoy our annual vacation, once back from vacation Homesick :rolleyes:

I will be in Pakistani :) so am delighted.

better you stay in your room....seeker of truth.....hahahaha.....meoooooowwwwww...this is the best idea to spend your weeklong vacation.....enjoy

seeker of truth wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Is it your only second holiday in 4 yrs ? or only the 2nd time in 4 yrs that you've got a lengthy vacation for Ramadan ?

I'll be sitting in my room and rotting!

3 months here and I so waiting to be back to my home country for a short break of 7-8 days..... Infact m already thinking abt the next one as well ;>

Kymadoce wrote:

3 months here and I so waiting to be back to my home country for a short break of 7-8 days..... Infact m already thinking abt the next one as well ;>

Good Luck !!:)

saimans wrote:
Kymadoce wrote:

I need some luck too. 3 months up for me. Planning to go back. But not sure if they'll allow me. Contract requires that I can travel only after completing a year here.

ghanshyampdave wrote:
saimans wrote:
Kymadoce wrote:

I need some luck too. 3 months up for me. Planning to go back. But not sure if they'll allow me. Contract requires that I can travel only after completing a year here.

Tht's the same in my contract too...but since the client i work with has a week of vacation , and my contractor is getting paid anyhow, i can travel on my personal expense...

Personnel expense is understandable. But waiting for a year is going to make me insane. Hope it all ends well. Need to have a back-up plan, just in case. ;)

ghanshyampdave wrote:
seeker of truth wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

Is it your only second holiday in 4 yrs ? or only the 2nd time in 4 yrs that you've got a lengthy vacation for Ramadan ?

I'll be sitting in my room and rotting!

Yeah the weeklong holiday! In the past few years, it is just 3 or 4 working days and still we have to work at least one day of the holidays.

Really???

The only suggestions on how to spend eid holiday is either to work or to fly out of this place!
:rolleyes:

You can play Counter Strike with me online :D

:one
Cool!!!I guess I'll need to download counterstrike! So let the hunt begins! :)

:top:

houstonian wrote:

me too, 7.40 to heathrow 16th, woo hoo, bet we can,t get a cup of coffee though.

I am planning to go Madina...

seeker of truth wrote:

Really???

The only suggestions on how to spend eid holiday is either to work or to fly out of this place!
:rolleyes:

better fly out, to avoid some frustration that we get here :)

Does it really mean that there's nothing to do here at all???

Anyone from desert could suggest something to do in here! Lol
Like extreme sport!
Or historical places to visit?

Really??? No????

If the answer is yes, well then yeah I guess better to fly out of this place!!!

seeker of truth wrote:

Like extreme sport!

Really??? No????

A few minor problems with your suggestions,
Exteme sport, come on for Gentlemen of a certain age this is not possible.
Hospital 'How did you shatter your hip' Me, 'I was thrown from my quad bike' Insurance company "Sorry we won,t pay"
Historical places, really, when you eventually find them due to all the signposts are in Arabic,(could spend EID learning Arabic, but I suspect it would take many EID,s to do that) you find you can,t get in cos its Family time.
Sorry but its the plane home for me.Woo Hoo

seeker of truth wrote:

Like extreme sport!

Really??? No????

There is ALWAYS something to do.  It all boils down to how adventurous you are and your willingness to do these things.  you can always:

(a)  catch up on your sleep - always works for me!!
(b)  catch up on your reading - this works for me as well - in fact, I have some books I can share
(c)  go hiking out in the desert - have done this a few times with friends - last time being this past weekend.  You can also hook up with the hash that organizes this thing on a weekly basis
(d)  go ride a quad in the desert - did this once and had fun
(e)  the National Museum is pretty cool - just make sure about the timing - you can go online to check this out
(f)  go shopping - I know this gets old but you can always just walk around the mall
(g)  hang out in Batha - I have done this a few times and have been able to try some good food at very reasonable prices

I am sure there are a few more things you can do during the holiday.  If none of the above suits you then I dunno what else to tell ya to do!!  :)

ghanshyampdave wrote:

@ghanshyampdave
@seeker of truth

Ei - what version of CS is it? do i have to buy my game? so that i can beat the pulp out of you guys? :proud

Send me a PM so that i can patch up immediately....thanks! :top:

i never planed it . but im up if there is something . maybe a football match LOL

Popolocroix wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

@ghanshyampdave
@seeker of truth

Ei - what version of CS is it? do i have to buy my game? so that i can beat the pulp out of you guys? :proud

I have many versions of CS I don't really know their versions. :P

CS 1.6 works fine and is widely used. It's easily to download also (below 300mb). If you download other latest versions then send me a link, so can we can be on the same platform.

I've never spent from my pocket on games. Why should I, when they are all available online for free. You just have to find the right link that works.

We'll see who "beats the pulp" out of whom ;)

Hitch wrote:

i never planed it . but im up if there is something . maybe a football match LOL

@Hitch - Football is my second favorite PC game. But I've never played on the net. It would be fun If we could play it.

I have PES 2012 & Fifa 2012. But sadly my Office Laptop doesn't support both these games due to higher graphics requirement.

I don't like to play on PS3 / X-Box. PC versions of all games are better I think (cheaper).

Considering investment in a new laptop just for gaming.

ghanshyampdave wrote:
Popolocroix wrote:
ghanshyampdave wrote:

@ghanshyampdave
@seeker of truth

I have many versions of CS I don't really know their versions. :P

CS 1.6 works fine and is widely used. It's easily to download also (below 300mb). If you download other latest versions then send me a link, so can we can be on the same platform.

I've never spent from my pocket on games. Why should I, when they are all available online for free. You just have to find the right link that works.

We'll see who "beats the pulp" out of whom ;)

Yeah send me the link as well! I'm also searching for the link :)
WooooHoooo
So excited for this! Lol

Search on www.isohunt.com or www.kat.ph or www.piratebay.org
There are plenty available.

Don't ask me how to access these websites if they are banned in KSA. (though I can send you a PM) ;)

houstonian wrote:
seeker of truth wrote:

Like extreme sport!

Really??? No????

There is ALWAYS something to do.  It all boils down to how adventurous you are and your willingness to do these things.  you can always:

(a)  catch up on your sleep - always works for me!!
(b)  catch up on your reading - this works for me as well - in fact, I have some books I can share
(c)  go hiking out in the desert - have done this a few times with friends - last time being this past weekend.  You can also hook up with the hash that organizes this thing on a weekly basis
(d)  go ride a quad in the desert - did this once and had fun
(e)  the National Museum is pretty cool - just make sure about the timing - you can go online to check this out
(f)  go shopping - I know this gets old but you can always just walk around the mall
(g)  hang out in Batha - I have done this a few times and have been able to try some good food at very reasonable prices

I am sure there are a few more things you can do during the holiday.  If none of the above suits you then I dunno what else to tell ya to do!!  :)

Yeah I catch up for my sleep every weekend! Lol

Mmmm....what books would you recommend? I really wanted to read some, but don't know where to start! :)

Cool, I wanna go to desert but would give some destination so at least I won't be lost, there's no landmarks in the desert that, makes it difficult to just hang around! Lol

Yeah food trip in Al B a t h a! Why not?!

Thanks for your very nice ideas!!!! Appreciated!!! :):cool:

ghanshyampdave wrote:

Search on www.isohunt.com or www.kat.ph or www.piratebay.org
There are plenty available.

Don't ask me how to access these websites if they are banned in KSA. (though I can send you a PM) ;)

Those aren't banned I guess, I'm downloading anime, TV series and movies from those sites! Lol

www.kat.ph is blocked here, the other two aren't.