Sao Paulo Life

Hello to All,
I'm now living in Haiti, but I'll leave soon Haiti to settle in permanence in Sao Paulo, I've completion study in Sociology/Antropology, I speak fluently English, French, Creole.
I need people to help me with a warm welcom because I don't know anything about this Wonderful City: Sao Paulo. You can write me through my e-mail: [email protected]
Thanks to you in advance!

Hello elysoo.

Welcome to Expat.com!

A new thread has been created on the Sao Paulo forum.

What do you want to know about Sao Paulo?

You can browse through the Sao Paulo forum and go through the various discussions.

If you need a specific information, do not hesitate to ask questions. Members may help you.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Thanks for all, in my country, people told me about "House of Migrants" or "Casa do Migrante" in Sao Paulo. Can anybody know about that? Please if so, tell if I can go there because I am a newcomer who will leave my country permanently to settle in Sao Paulo soon! Not because of staying for long just for orientations.
Elysee.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Elysoo, I am going to be volunteering at the Casa do Migrante from July.

I have visited once so far and my understanding is that you can stay for up to 6 months until you are able to settle yourself into life in SP.

The building sleeps about 150 people and there are shared sleeping and eating areas with free cooked meals each night. You'll be supported to get used to life in SP and encouraged to find jobs, long-term accommodation, etc.

Many of the people I met were Haitian (although many from other countries) like yourself and were either refugees or newly received migrants who were unfamiliar with Brazil.

Check out the website here: missaonspaz.org/

Maybe I'll see you there when I start working.

Andy

p.s Check out my blog about my experiences of living in SP so far. I've been here since February!

thebookisonthetable.me

Hi Mister Martin,
All the pleasure is mine to read you between the line, make sure how much so that I felt happy to receive all your given informations to me. Thank you for your kindness, now I get peace in mind to move from my country to settle to Sao Paulo like a Newcomer. As soon as I arrive at the Airport, I'll take a taxi just to bring me there.
I will be happy  and much more to see you there, I'm an open-minded person, so cool, so cooperative and humanist. Hope we will keep in touch if you can help me in the other sides for my orientations, all will be welcome to me.

Best regards,

Elysoo