Changes to multiple exit/re-entry visa?

Hi - can anyone confirm (or deny) a rumour I have heard? I am a UK citizen, living in Khobar with an Iqama. I have a six month multiple exit/re-entry visa.
This exit/entry visa, according to my understanding, was issued on a particular date and is valid for six moths from the date on which I first used it to exit the country. I had 3 months from the date of issue of the visa to make that first exit.
In other words, if the date of visa issue was Jan 1, I had until the end of March (well, 90 days from Jan 1) to make my first exit, and then the six month validity period kicked in.

However... I am given to understand that now the validity period is six months from date of issue, not from first use. Is this correct?
James

To the best i know:
It's from date of issue. You get 90 days to make your first exit. And the exit re-entry expires six months from date of issue.

If you haven't travelled on this visa yet, make sure you do before it expires. If you don't and it expires, there is a fine applied (I recall 1000 SAR but am not sure).

Good-noon,
i have a 6 months multiple exit-re-entry visa. It's valid for 6 months from the day it was issued.
However, my duration of stay is 30 days Max per stay, so every 30 days i go to bahrain and come back.

I was told by my company to be careful about this 30 days window and if i ever miss out on it, then i'd have to pay 10 thousand riyals fine plus the immigration would enter my name in system under visa violation. So getting a visa next time would be extremely difficult.

Well these guys have different rule for different nationals, am Canadian so these are rules for Canada and we can only get 6 months business visa maximum. However, my american friends apply for 3 months visa and they get 5 years multiple exit re-entry visa.

All you have learned is true, but won't your employer sponsor you for an Iqama.

The Americans do have five year multi entry/exit visas. My Husband wrote to the Trade Minister in the U.K. to enquire why  but was fobbed off with "Americans have a different arrangement with their hosts than other nationals".

Apart from being a nuisance and in my view unnecessary it is also expensive to have to leave every 30 days.

Best Wishes

sandy_storm wrote:

All you have learned is true, but won't your employer sponsor you for an Iqama.

The Americans do have five year multi entry/exit visas. My Husband wrote to the Trade Minister in the U.K. to enquire why  but was fobbed off with "Americans have a different arrangement with their hosts than other nationals".
Apart from being a nuisance and in my view unnecessary it is also expensive to have to leave every 30 days.

Best Wishes

that only applies to high-ranking aramcons