Dental/Construction

Hi all
I'm in construction(Experiance)and my wife is a dental/oral hygienist(Diploma;2 years and 8 years experiance).I have a bit more than 9 years experiance in housing,commercial and renovating brick and mortar construction.Currently I am a inspector for new builds(All aspects from foundations to occupation)in a area within South Africa.My question-I do not see any ads for jobs available in this specific fields  ; can anyone tell me where to look ect. and what the avarage pay will be.Thanks in advance

Sorry,just to mention that I have 4 and a half years experiance on the inspectorate site!!!

Dear Leana

I think that as dental/oral hygienist it would not be difficult to get a job here as there are quite some private hospitals and also some private dental surgery practice.

Whilst in private hospitals, the salary would be reasonable, I fear that in the latter case, it is quite meagre. As such, this would depend on your salary expectation.

As for your husband, though highly experienced, and also the possibility of such jobs in Mauritius, there is quite meagre chance that he gets a well-paid job in some construction companies.

The only way to make money out of his expertise is to work as an Entrepreneur on his own account as the building industry in Mauritius is booming nowadays.

Working for a company would, as per usual rates for locals, generate revenues of not more than Rs 20,000/- whilst as entrepreneur, provided, he does proper marketing and quality jobs, the revenue could climb to not less than Rs 50,000/- per month.

Still, there are quite some conditions attached for both options.

Cheers;)

Vayid – [email protected]

Thank you so much for your reply.Being their once;hoping to visit your country again this year!!!Once again,thank you for youre responce!!

Hi,

Let me introduce myself. I'm American and my wife is from South Africa. We've been living in Mauritius for two years. We have a expat consulting services business focusing on helping people from South Africa move to Mauritius. Regarding jobs. First there are two levels of employment; work permit and occupational permit. A work permit is very hard to get. An occupational permit your salary must be set to a minimum of $1,000 US per month. You do not see many occupational jobs posted. Normally people are finding these jobs through referrals. There are several dental clinics that may need your wife's skills. Please let us know if we can further assist you.