Transfering Money to United States Without Saudi Bank Account

Does anyone know of a service that I can transfer cash from Riyadh directly to my US checking account? I have finally gotten my advance from the company and want to transfer it back to the United States but do not have an Iquama yet or a bank account here.

I know I can use Western Union, but a transfer to my United States Checking account would be better.

Thanks

jyurong, its easy just go to any AL-Rajhi near branch and show them your Original passport and photo copies they will open you a Saving account. Westerns are served in quick within a min.:D:D

SAMBA can do it for you

Without having an account with SAMBA I can do a wire transfer to my US bank?

you need to be sure with your ABA number before you do wire transfer so for that you should have confirmation code from Saudi banks. Better go to any near branch & fetch details.

I am curious if you are actually able to do this.  I have always been told (no personal confirmation) that you cannot open a bank account without an iqama.

Let me know if you are able to open one without an iqama.

If you are able to do this, you will need the wire transfer details of your US bank, not so much the info about your Saudi bank since you are going from Saudi to the US.

Yes, that is my question. From what I understand you cannot open an account without an Iquama - so I need to be able to wire money from here to the US without an account here. The best option I have found so far is to use moneygram which can be sent from NCR banks here in riyadh, and can then be picked up at a Walmart in the US. I would much rather just skip the middle man and have the money sent directly to my account, but cant find a way to do it yet.

I just had lunch with friends who work for local banks and they have confirmed to me that you will not be able to open a bank account without an iqama.

So, I think your options are limited in regards to getting your money into your US bank account:

(1)  have your employer directly wire your salary to your US bank account until such time as you obtain your iqama and open a bank account here, or
(2)  send to a "reliable/trusted" party in the US and have them deposit into your bank account.

Short of that I do not know what other options you have.

I suppose a 3rd option would be to have someone here who does have a bank account wire the money to your US account for you and just deposit the money to their local account including all wire transfer fees.

So I used western union at an enjaz office downtown to make the first transfer. My regular salary will be here Saturday and I will need to transfer that back to the US. Does anyone know the maximum transfer limits for Western Union? Does anyone know where there is an NCB quickpay center in Riyadh?

jyurong,

It sounds like I'm in the same situation as you are. It sounds like you able to use Western Union to transfer to the states without an iqama? If so, do they require anything more than a passport?