Sales Manager post at a top European factory in Jubail

Hey there,

I currently reside in Bahrain and am 24 years old. I recently got a pretty good job offer in Jubail for a top European factory in Jubail as a Regional Sales Manager, where I would cover the GCC and part of Asia. I've been offered SAR 10,000 plus SAR 2,500 accommodation allowance, 2,000 car allowance, complete medical insurance plus other benefits.

I believe considering my age, its a great opportunity although moving from a place like Bahrain to Jubail concerns me a bit. I've heard from a couple of friends, who live in Saudi, that life in Jubail is very dead and I could easily get depressed.

Considering the above and the offer, what do you think I should do?

True, but the place where you live and place where you work depends on the surrounding, im sure once you join you will have many mates around.

wilson

Do you think the offer is worth the move, considering pay scales offered in Saudi?

I second Wilson.

Dude its up to you, more the higher you go the more you gain.:D:D

wilson

true....thats exactly what my dad says. It's not like its going to be forever I guess. How is it traveling from Jubail to Bahrain? How long would I have to wait at the customs you think?

i think it's worth the move.

i'm still a marketing student, and being a general sales manager in corporate sales is my dream job. So i say, GOOD FOR YOU!

I know people in jubail.. and it's not as dull as they say it is. If you make friends with the right people, then you'll be fine. Every friday they go out for karaoke and sometimes, the americans and the british are able to sneak in alcohol ( i have NOOO idea how they do it.. but they just do).

Sure, compared to Bahrain, it's not as wacky.. but i'm sure your job will drain most of your energy that all you'd want to do at the end of the day is just sleep. :P

hey thanks for that....hahaha and well considering the party life I have here, I seriously have my doubts on how I would survive there and plus I sometimes just party it up straight to work the next day ;) hahahha so my energy levels are still intact...touchwood....are you in saudi as well or something?

No. But i know someone there and i've heard enough about it to a point where i can imagine how boring it is or not. haha

it's not that bad. but since you've mentioned that you are a party harder, it's something you'd have to adjust to. And hey, that's what marketers do. We're flexible individuals , able to adopt to circumstances, external environment and society around us, yeah? ;)

but the decision's all on you. I suggest you outline your priorities first - social life or career? once you've got that figured out, then you're good to go.

Hahahah yea you're right. I'm sure ill still take up thr job coz I think I've had enough of fun for a lifetime really. And besides I plan to drive down to bahrain for most weekends ;) so that should work itself out I suppose. Lifes too short so we got to try and enjoy it in every possible. That's basically how I like to live life

bahrain is better than Jubail....
i m live in jubail since 2009 and for me is like a hell...