Sabic Job Offer. How long is the hiring process after job acceptance?

I accepted a Scientist position from a recruiter at Sabic. It has been almost 2 months after I accepted it and still no progress in the hiring process. They just keep telling me that it is under management approvals. I was told initially that it will take 1-2 weeks. I'm worried as I have already submitted my resignation from my current job. Anyone with similar experience? Thanks in advance.

I have had two experiences with SABIC.

First time around, i was interviewed, accepted, HR called and said they preparing my contract and never heard back from them again.

Second time around the same accept that i was also extended an offer by the agency brokering to review T&Cs and upon inquiring after two weeks i was told that the correct hiring process had not been followed and that the recruitment was stopped.

I think in general, my experience has been to not resign until you have a visa in hand. Because you are never sure what turn of events can take place. Some people i know had to go back even after there arrival in Saudi. This is so unprofessional.

It could take 3-4 months for job cycle at Sabic.

But u should not have resigned before visa.

Regards

@muidar2001

Hello, good day. Hope all is well. Was hoping if you could share me with your experience regarding the job you've accepted with SABIC? I'm having the similar dillemma. Its been more than 2 months now since got the interview and a month since accepting the job offer from them.

Were you able to finally joined them in the long run? How many months did you wait?

Your kind response is very much appreciated. Many thanks