English teacher

Hi there! :)

I started working here as an English teacher one month ago and realized that it is quite difficult to find people to socialize with. I'm still learning Italian but of course it all needs time...
I would be very happy to get to know people who are experiencing the same and those who are also looking for new acquaintances and like to go out and have fun :)

Greetings,

Katy

Welcome to Expat.com Katy!

Harmonie.:)

Hey Katy,

There are lots of organizations that hold happy hour aka apperivios once a month.

Google:
AICR - American Internationa Club of Rome (once a month)
English Yellow Pages Rome (usually a nice meet and greet once a season, lots of people)
CCR- Canadian Club of Rome (various events at different times, check their blog)
Internations.org
Eurocircle

There is also an English Comedy Club twice a month, not really a meet and greet, but you could come early and meet the people who organize it, very friendly bunch, also English teachers if I'm not mistaken. romescomedyclub.tumblr.com

Welcome!
Neeya

Hi Katie.

I was wondering how did you become an English teacher in Rome please?

I am trying. I'd like to move over in September 2012 ideally. Linda

Hi,

I just moved here a week ago and also am having trouble meeting other expats to meet up with.  Thanks for the links :)

Kathleen

I am curious how you became an English teacher in Rome, I have my TEFL certification but am having a hard time finding work any pointers?