Work Out Partner Needed

I am Robert Oram, an American moving to Morocco and I'm looking to continue my hobby of martial arts in my new country.

I am interested in making new friends and anyone interested in doing martial arts with me. I can teach also for free if you are willing to work out with me.

Male or Female is not a problem. Working out can be at a park or anywhere where there is big space and not a crowd of people since the styles do attract much attention.

My proficiency is in the following:

Primary: CHOY LI FUT KUNG FU- A hard/fast style involving many forms from animals. This deals with exotic hand strikes and kicks and leg sweeps and handling multiple attackers. In addition to this style, I have learned Kempo Kung Fu which has much techniques for various situations. Both styles originated from China.

JIU-JUTSU: I have training in Gracie Jiu-Jutsu from Los Angeles. This style originated from Japan but became popular by a Brazilian family called the Gracies who came to America and created the cage fights that we see today on TV. This style primarily involves grappling-fighting on the ground. It is definitely worth knowing, especially for females in order to prevent being mugged or raped by criminals. Knowing a little bit will help defend yourself.

Secondary Styles: WHITE EYEBROW KUNG FU- A very fierce form of fighting which involves very close and direct-straight fighting with one person. This style is from China.

WING CHUN- A very direct, effective style from China involving close fighting. It is a style that the famous Bruce Lee learned. This style uses a wooden training tool called the Wooden Dummy that has heavy, thick, wooden arms and legs extending from a thick wood post bolted to the ground. The fighter hits and kicks the Dummy in order to improve co-ordination and strengthening the body.

RUSSIAN SYSTEMA- A multiple fighting style originating from the Caucus people of Russia in around 970. It involves relaxation techniques and flowing like water when being attacked by someone. Attacks are followed with counter strikes/kicks. A very effective style that is taught to the elite Russian Special Forces Commandos called Spetsnaz.

BUJINKAN- More commonly known as Ninjutsu. This style came from Japan from the Samurai period. It is a mix of kicks, strikes, and deception and being skilled at fighting in the dark. These fighters were known as assassins during their time because they were hired to kill anyone for the price. They were skilled at climbing walls like a lizard and trees like a monkey and were skilled at using poison darts and a blow gun. They were made popular in movies where they wore all black clothing and only their eyes were exposed.

SO there you have it. Anyone interested in working out with me...Please contact me. Again, it's ALL FREE. I just need some people to have fun working out with.

Lastly, I like to go biking, running, hiking, camping, etc. And I can do extreme sports too since I used to be a US Army soldier for 17 years.

Thanks,
Robert

Hi Robert,

You may post an advert in the Marrakech classifieds > classes section.

Thank you and good luck in your search.
Christine

Hey Robert I'd be interested in training with you. I've done 2 and a half years Gracie Jiu Jitsu and 2 and a half years in Muay Thai. It's been a while since I've rolled/sparred. So I would like to start off with some drilling for a while. I've brought all my gear from the US. I've got my gi, bag gloves, sparring gloves, and mma sparring gloves. I've also got shin protectors for kicks but like I said I'd like to drill for a while before throwing leather. Send me a message when you can.

Hey Robert I hope all is well with you. I see you're now in Marrkech. I'm still very interested in drilling with you. Get a hold of me when you can.