How many countries have you visited?

Just to know... I have visited 27 countries.
Not bad, but I could do better! :)

My "problem"... since I have been living in Canada, I stay here or I go to France. I don't visit new countries

What about you?

Well ... I have visited 5 countries only :/

But I'm still young and I really want to travel a lot :D

I have only visited 15 countries. Some I have visited many times (like England and the Netherlands, for example) or several times (Spain), because I like to know places well rather than add "one more country" to my list. Which does not mean I don't keep adding on! But slowly...

However, I have the same "problem" as Olivier: now that I am an expat on this side of the world, I tend to go back home (Belgium & France) more than discover new countries. I used to travel much more when I was in Europe. It takes a long time to get anywhere from where I am (American Northwest), and it's quite expensive too.

Next destination is Oaxaca, Mexico. :cool:

I've only been to 10. But I figure it's not too bad since I haven't been to Europe...yet.

If I count well, I've been to 8 countries ... but I try to work on it and to increase this number !!

Have you guys seen the site where you can tell them all the countries you've visited and  it produces a ready-filled map for you?

Check it out...

http://pogodna.blogspot.com/2005/10/ive … html#links

becca.steel wrote:

Have you guys seen the site where you can tell them all the countries you've visited and  it produces a ready-filled map for you?

Check it out...

http://pogodna.blogspot.com/2005/10/ive … html#links

Nice feature Becca thanks!

Really cool - I clicked 29 of the countries but some are missing that no longer exist -- so do you cound the new names or the old names?

I think in the end - I may max out around 30-32 countries yet it's mostly Europe so I have A LOT more to see.

lostineurope wrote:

some are missing that no longer exist

Which ones?

I was just discussing this with a girlfriend in NY earlier this month and I think my count was in the low 30's.  That being said a lot of those were caribbean islands which do actually qualify.

I use to enjoy travel more than I do today.  Now it takes me a week to recover from a 3.5 hour trip.  I still travel but usually only in one direction I am not feeling well for a while.

Escott

I have lost count of all the countries I have visited.  Some I have lived in for a while.  Like Saudi Arabia,Spain, Canada and now The Dominican Republic - a true Paradise.

I feel like such an amatuer... I have only been to six countries so far.  Hopefully, that will be changing.  We have to leave here every six months for registration and visa renewal so we will try to do something exciting each time!

I am 25 and I have been to 40 countries so far.   I have yet to visit South America yet and I plan on going down there some time next year.   I am moving back to America after six years abroad next month.  I clicked on that map but it said I have visited 53.   I really didn't count Monaco, Vatican City or Any of the South Pacific Islands that were territories of other countries.

My count of 44 (click on the link to my blog to see the map) is also enhanced by having to list Slovenia, Serbia, Macedonia, Bosnia and Serbia when in fact I visited what was then Yugoslavia (1987).

I notched up lots and lots of small countries (all of Central America, several Caribbean islands) and just one really big one (the US) as opposed to my husband whose been to several of the biggies (Canada, Russia, Brazil) which makes his map look much more 'red' although he's been to fewer countries in total.

A pretty low (relative to a lot of people here) 7 for me.
Belgium (when I was a kid for a school trip... (transit via France on a coach not counted in total))
Italy (for the San Marino GP, transit via Germany, so airport transfer not counted)
Japan (where I am now)
Singapore (business trip)
Thailand (business, plus holiday)
Mexico (via USA, so airport transfer not counted)
India (Mumbai, business, bloody awful place. Still would like to visit Delhi though).

Nearly been sent to Oslo, and Greece so far on business, but escaped those ones.
Looks like I may be doing some business time in China soon too.

Me and the wife want to visit Korea, as we have a friend there.
We also want to visit Germany for Oktoberfest (having done the one in Tokyo, organised by the German Embassy).

7 countries now :) with two more destinations since we've started this discussion :happy:

and that's just a beginning!

20 as of last count and my husband and I plan to visit a couple more within our area of posting (guatemala / Honduras) before the year is over. We hope to make arrangements to joint the Carnival in Rio in Feb next year - if schedule and finances permit.

I'm at 23 and counting...

Think it's 33 or so, but I am not too positive...do we count those tiny Italian city states and the Vatican or not???  I think no?

I think about 23 or 24... and there's so many I can't believe I still haven't managed to visit.

29 and counting.

Bob K

I have been mainly Europe (except for Ireland, Denmark, Ukraine, Lithuania and Luxemburg) I have traveled extensively in the US as well as Singapore, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Tunisia, Nigeria, Costa Rica and Canada.

i like to spend enough time in every place i go

only 6 countries,
France, Germany, Netherlands, Turkey, Egypt, UAE

but still in the way to visit others

Solo he viajado en tres paises...
Egipto, Tunez, Turquia.

Estoy preparando varios...Jordania,Arabia Saudita,Siria,Argelia,en fin..todos los paises de oriente medio,Africa, America ,Oceania...

4 countries.. US, Singapore, Thailand & Vietnam !!! And I live in India. .so.. that makes 5 !!

I have visited Germany (lived there 3 years), Thailand (lived 1 year), Okinawa, China (5 day visit), Japan, and the Philippines (three times)(live here now). Think of this, the Philippines is he only Asian country that speaks English as a second language, and their government is spoken in English and kids learn English in school.

israel palestine jordan egypt dubai singapore thailand indonesia thats 8 lol

I have traveled about 25 counties and still counting. Most of the places I have been is for work.

2 years ago, I started to travel for leisure and it's been a blast. I am sure my excursion will continue for a while :)

I am blessed..

Hi Folks,
It's my first intervention at expatblog.
I'm a portuguese citizen living in Lisbon but looking for an opportunity to start a new live project outside Europe.
So far I visited 11 countries but never leaved Europe.
If you know something interesting for a 49 years young portuguese guy speaking five languages (Portuguese, Spanish, French, German and Italian)since 1990 in the Transport&Logistics area, bachelors in Transport&Logistics, Vocational Trainer Certification and looking for new challenges, my availability is immediate!

Wish you all a nice and succesfull week!

Carlos

one is Saudi Arabia in Al Riyadh

:(:( i haven't been in any other country. it all depends on my parents here. hope i can study oversea someday.  travel all around the world by myself (may be my little sister is one exception)

I have visited 16, India is the 16th country of which I'm currently living until...

Have visited almost all the countries in Europe and Southeast Asia but nothing as grand as Rome and as beautiful as Switzerland.

I have only being to Paris, France, but thats not of choice, haha. My circumstances havent allowed me to visit any country, but that shall be rectified as I am still young and cannot wait to visit (and live in) many must-see countries!

I'm not sure how many I visited to date, but the only continent where I haven't been yet is South America, so...

23 down god knows how many more to go. But settled with kids now so the rest of the world will have to wait.
Saludos
From Buenos Aires

^

*wolf whistle*

Amazing :D

robthefrog wrote:

109 so far...

wow!

well i have visited almost 9 countries as below:

( Kuwait,Iraq,Bahrain,KSA,UAE,Qatar,Egypt,Eritrea,Ethiopia ).

still iam a live and more countries to visit...   :)

ciao.

Find activities and meet other expats

OR