How did your family feel about you moving?

My husband and I are considering a move to Belgium for his job. We have a 4 year old son, and another child on the way. We are worried about our families reaction to us moving away. Has anyone had a really negative response and if so how did you deal with that?
My husband has also suggested that his mother might want to move with us since he is an only child and she would miss the grandchildren. I'm concerned that living with my mother in law would be hard with the lack of privacy for us. On the other hand, it might help to have someone to help out with the kids.
Thank you in advance for any help you can give us on this decision.

jrae1203 wrote:

Has anyone had a really negative response and if so how did you deal with that?

It's often like this when you present such a project to friends & family. They don't understand ... but little by little, they accept it, and they might even plan to come and see you for the next holidays

[moderated: no free ads]

I'm mexican and i moved to brussels more than a year ago because i married a belgian man. My mother of course, was sad and worried in the beginning but of course, later she realized that actually i am very happy with my husband. I think they only need time to get used to the idea. Good luck!

my parents were the one who  move everytime to other countries  when i was a child so we had less problem until i stop enjoy playing in flights
now I make my own decesions, where to stay and they are not worry  at all .