TV's

Hi,

Could someone let me know if I am better off buying a TV as I come through the airport or through a store outside of the airport?

I saw a TV store there when I came through last time but didn't have time to check prices while I was on island.

Thanks!

i think tv's that are at airport are tax free....dunno if local taxes have changed(are tv's duty free all throughout the island)

so, better just take at airport if u just need one; but if want broader choices, then u have shopping around in mauritius as option,
cheers
Islander.

If you can carry it, then airport is a good bargain!

I did buy my LCD TV from the Duty Free in Mauritius. Got an excellent deal.

Hi

For TV, you will have a better deal at local stores than duty free.

All TV are almost duty free now.

The local stores imports and place the TV at duty free and duty free places their margin (whcih is high!) which I think makes it more expensive.

Both local stores and DF offers the transport. Indeed the local store handles the transport for the duty free giben it is its brand which is sold.

I bought an LCD at duty free in 2009, it is now cheaper at local stores and even new models are cheaper

Also you will have a better choice and price range with local stores as DF offers mostly latest models - which are more expensive

Hopes it helps

Cheers
Steven

Thanks for all the comments, very insightful!