Need help Company accept foreigner

I'm reaching out because I'm on the lookout for opportunities in the Dutch IT industry. My background is in IT infrastructure and technical support, and I'm really eager to explore what the Netherlands has to offer in terms of career prospects.

My family and I are actually considering moving to Den Haag, and we've got accommodation sorted through a friend there. But here's the thing - as a foreigner, getting a work permit and finding a job in a new country can be pretty tricky. So, I was wondering if you might have any advice or know of any companies that are open to hiring folks like me from abroad?

Any insights or pointers you could share would be a huge help. Thanks a bunch for considering it!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Your main issue is that no Dutch company can take you on unless there are no other Dutch or EU citizens looking for work in " IT infrastructure and technical support " in Holland, as by EU law they will always have priority over you.  You will also have to go through the MVV integration process which among things entails a Civic Integration Exam (link).

If you can find an employer who is willing to take you on as a "Highly Skilled Migrant" (link), then life becomes a lot easier as by definition, you will skip the Dutch/EU priority hurdle and the MVV process.  The thing is finding a job that qualifies, probably the best way is to use something like LinkedIn to reach out to your peers already working in the Netherlands to find out who is hiring and where, then contact them to see if you meet their requirements.

I wish you the best of luck.

Cynic

Expat Team