International student moving from italy to Germany

Hello everyone. My question is a bit long so olease bear with me.

I recently came to Italy on a study visa, but due to several reasons, I now want to move to either Germany or Finland on a study visa (but my main focus is on Germany). I know that I first have to get admission in a German university, but I have the following questions:

1. Is it possible to start my studies in Germany as a fresh student from the first semester and not just transfer there? I belong to Afghanistan and there is no German embassy there. Afghan students mostly have to travel to neighboring countries to get either a German or an Italian visa.

2. I have applied for a permesso di soggiorno (residence permit) and my appointment date is on May 27th. I don't know how long it will take to get the permesso, but I think I might get it by the end of July (maybe). One person told me that I need to stay in Italy for six months after getting my PDS, and only then will I be eligible to apply for a visa to another country. I wanted to ask if the stay requirement of six months is from the day of arrival or after getting my PDS.

3. Will I need to get a withdrawal certificate from the university? What if I don't inform my university and just get the German visa and go to Germany and study? Will it be a problem?  Or will the embassy contact both my universities. In one post, I saw that maybe some german universities require the withdrawal certificate from your previous university.

4. I know that I have to create a blocked account for about 11,200 euros as well, but will I need a bank statement as well for the second year?

5. Also when besides getting admission, when should I start this process and how long will it take to get a German study visa?

In general, has anyone gone through a similar situation? Please tell me if there is any problem in my plan. I don't want to wait too long and then find out that there is some problem that will prevent me from going to Germany.

Thank you for your help.

Hello everyone. My question is a bit long so olease bear with me. I recently came to Italy on a study visa, but due to several reasons, I now want to move to either Germany or Finland on a study visa (but my main focus is on Germany). I know that I first have to get admission in a German university, but I have the following questions:1. Is it possible to start my studies in Germany as a fresh student from the first semester and not just transfer there? I belong to Afghanistan and there is no German embassy there. Afghan students mostly have to travel to neighboring countries to get either a German or an Italian visa.

You haven´t mentioned what kind of course you are currently attending. Bachelor? Masters? Are you looking to enroll in a similar course in Germany or something different? In general, this is a question for your prospective university in Germany.2. I have applied for a permesso di soggiorno (residence permit) and my appointment date is on May 27th. I don't know how long it will take to get the permesso, but I think I might get it by the end of July (maybe). One person told me that I need to stay in Italy for six months after getting my PDS, and only then will I be eligible to apply for a visa to another country. I wanted to ask if the stay requirement of six months is from the day of arrival or after getting my PDS.

I am not aware of any such rule. Student visas are national matters, not like a Schengen visa or a BlueCard, where certain rules apply across all participating countries. Could the person who told you maybe show you legislation that supports their claims?3. Will I need to get a withdrawal certificate from the university? What if I don't inform my university and just get the German visa and go to Germany and study? Will it be a problem?  Or will the embassy contact both my universities. In one post, I saw that maybe some german universities require the withdrawal certificate from your previous university.

I suspect you may need this - why would you not want to tell your Italian university that you are leaving?
4. I know that I have to create a blocked account for about 11,200 euros as well, but will I need a bank statement as well for the second year?

This depends on your personal situation, like do you have a part time job in Germany by the time you need to renew your residence permit, etc.5. Also when besides getting admission, when should I start this process and how long will it take to get a German study visa?

Non-EEA students often (not always) have a different deadline when applying for university programmes. You can search the DAAD database, you can even filter by non-EEA/EU application deadlines. You will also most likely have to apply through uni-assist, so researching their web site/contacting them may also be helpful.In general, has anyone gone through a similar situation? Please tell me if there is any problem in my plan. I don't want to wait too long and then find out that there is some problem that will prevent me from going to Germany.Thank you for your help.        -@Adnankhann

Most university degree programmes are taught in German. The number of English-German or completely English programmes grows all the time but they are also sought after and competitive to get into. Some of those "international" courses also charge tuition fees.

So, to start out, have a good look at DAAD and also at uni-assist.

https://www.daad.de/en/

https://www.uni-assist.de/en/

Thank you for your reponse ALKB.

You haven´t mentioned what kind of course you are currently attending. Bachelor? Masters? Are you looking to enroll in a similar course in Germany or something different? In general, this is a question for your prospective university in Germany.

I am currently a Master's student in Italy in my second semester, and I want to apply for masters in a field which might be somehow related to the subject matter here in Italy, and want to start my degree in Germany from the 1st semester.

I suspect you may need this - why would you not want to tell your Italian university that you are leaving?

The issue lies in the uncertainty surrounding my ability to getting the german study visa . If I withdraw from my Italian university, and somehow my application for German study visa gets rejected, then I would have effectively closed off both the options, leaving me with no alternative options, and I must go back then to my country of origin.

Most university degree programmes are taught in German. The number of English-German or completely English programmes grows all the time but they are also sought after and competitive to get into. Some of those "international" courses also charge tuition fees.

I am aware of the admission procedures and have shortlisted several English-language programs. However, I am uncertain whether my application process will differ from that of other students due to my presence in Italy. I have seen several cases of people online who have transferred their credits from Italian university to a German university. But I have never found a case or information online about someone who wants to start his degree form the start in Germany.

1. You first have to get admission to a course. This differs from university to university, so you should contact the school of your choice for the entry rules, formalities and deadlines. Most courses taught in English aren't free of charge (and some states charge fees from all non-EU students).
  2. Then you have to get the student visa. Please ask fo the requirements at the German embassy. As far as I know, you can apply for a German visa at the embassy in the country you reside in - which is Italy according to your post.
  3. Even if the course is taught in English, it is unwise to move to Germany without German language skills. Not only will you face difficulties in daily life, but you will also have very limited chances for side jobs - in case you don't have enough savings to finance your entire course.

@Adnankhann

I could write lots about this scenario but much would rely on speculation and incomplete information. Simplest is to contact the nearest German consulate in Italy near where you live and ask.

One needs the equivalence of the German Abitur to do a bachelor, this is higher than a 12-year schooling like US high school and I cannot say how your credentials will be judged. Thus transferring after completing 1 - 2 years elsewhere is more straightforward. But you should know that the vast majority of bachelors in Germany are taught in German on a a high C1 level. Most of the bachelor programs actually taught in English are at private (expensive) universities.