Can a Dubai driving license be valid in Germany?

Good Morning members ,

Can a Dubai driving license be issued in Germany?

Thank you

rai Shilu wrote:

Good Morning members ,

Can a Dubai driving license be issued in Germany?

Thank you

German authorities can only issue German licenses. Could one be issued a Dubai driver's license through the Dubai embassy/consulate in Germany? You would have to ask them yourself but such a thing sounds highly unlikely. Are you trying to troll the site because such a question honestly doesn't even sound sincere?

Dear Tomin,
You may be are native English speaker but I'm not. I may  write stupid,funny or most of the time wrong English words but you don't know the struggle behind it so ,It will be kind of you if you stop thinking that I'm here to entertain any of expat members nor I think they are here to entertain me.
if my questions bothers you then please avoid my questions.

Thank you

Good Morning members ,

is UAE (DUBAI) driving license valid in Germany ?/ Can I use Dubai driving licence in Germany ?

Thank you

rai Shilu wrote:

Dear Tomin,
You may be are native English speaker but I'm not. I may  write stupid,funny or most of the time wrong English words but you don't know the struggle behind it so ,It will be kind of you if you stop thinking that I'm here to entertain any of expat members nor I think they are here to entertain me.
if my questions bothers you then please avoid my questions.

Thank you

It has little to do with the language and everything to do with the  logic of the questions. Germany issuing a Dubai drivers license makes no sense at all. And to your follow up question, one might be able to driver with a Dubai license as a tourist in Germany but not for more than 6 months after getting residency. Theoretically you one could come to Germany with a foreign license from one of the countries Germany has an exchange agreement with and thus easily get one but Dubai is not on the list.

But you asked about this subject on another thread which I not only answered in detail but provided a link giving the rules. So why ask again? Again, this makes one wonder about the sincerity - and yes; as one of the German expert advisors here, this concerns me. Sounds like you are trying to find a non-existent way to go around the rules of having a proper license to drive in Germany.

As Tom wrote, a UAE driving license can only be issued by UAE authorities - and the only UAE authority that exists in Germany is the embassy - so you may ask there.

If, however, you meant "Can a Dubai driving license be used in Germany?"
The rule is the same as for all non-EU driving licenses:
You can use it for the first six months of your stay, after that you have to get a German license instead.
(For your information: A UAE driving license can also not be converted into a German one, so you'd have to get a new German one from scratch.)

Thank you very much Beppi,
I made mistake in English words instead of “Valid” i wrote “issued”. But thank you for having  patience with my queries. I so far clear about driving licences rules.
Appreciated 🙏
And also don't use “Expat “ so i don't know where and how it works . Sorry for inconvenience to expat team.

If you want to live in Germany you need "German Driving License".
UAE driving license will be valid upto 6months after that you should have german one.
The only positive thing of having a UAE driving license is that you don't have to attend all the driving lessons when you go for conversion.

Hi,

I have a valid dubai driving license and i have been driving for almost 10 years in dubai. I will be moving to Berlin in Feb-2022 or Mar-2022,  I want to know :
1) if there is a way to transfer my Dubai driver's license to German ?
2) Do i have to give any theory or practical exams to transfer? if yes then what are those exams ?
3) what is the expected cost for exams
4) how much time will it take to register and appear for those exams ?
5) do i have to take any course classes for these exams ?

Regards

Aliasgar Numberdar wrote:

Hi,

I have a valid dubai driving license and i have been driving for almost 10 years in dubai. I will be moving to Berlin in Feb-2022 or Mar-2022,  I want to know :
1) if there is a way to transfer my Dubai driver's license to German ?
2) Do i have to give any theory or practical exams to transfer? if yes then what are those exams ?
3) what is the expected cost for exams
4) how much time will it take to register and appear for those exams ?
5) do i have to take any course classes for these exams ?

Regards

A driver's license from anther EU country can be exchanged without problem. Some other non-EU countries can be done so exempting the written, practical or both exams or other requirements. Dubai is not on any list that I find with such an agreement with Germany. Strange that you ask since this has already been covered above in the thread.

I am posting an English language link about how such an exchange works. The second link (German only) gives a pretty comprehensive list – and the absence of Dubai makes me assume Dubai is not included.
This makes it pretty certain that you will have to go to German driving school and take both practical and class instruction. Then one has to register and take the exams. The whole cost is usually a few thousand Euros and takes a couple of months. But this depends on the region and specific school. The time needed will depend on how often courses take place. What I don't know is if live classes are taking place now or if they are mostly online due to Covid.

https://www.iamexpat.de/expat-info/driv … ng-licence
file:///C:/Users/clown/AppData/Local/Temp/Staatenliste-1.pdf

Driving licenses from the United Arab Emirates are not valid for residents in Germany - and can also not be converted to a German license.
That means you need to pass the German practical driving and theory tests in order to drive in Germany.
To ease the transition, you are allowed to use your foreign driving license for the first six months in Germany, but then you must have a local one (or stop driving - which is easy given the excellent public transport system in most cities). You also don't need to take driving lessons (although this is encouraged) - you decide yourself when and how you are fit for the tests.
Just taking the tests would probably cost you less than €500 (if you pass on the first attempt) - contact a driving school near you to arrange it!
(Practical driving lessons cost around €50/hour.)