Manucipality Registration Appointment - Single Permit

Hello,

I just recently got my type D visa and always had in mind there's a law that compels you to register at the manucipality within 8 days of arrival. Based on this piece of info., i gave a definite timeline for my employer for starting given that the appointment i make in the town hall is no longer than a few days wait since i can't start working without Annex 49.

Recently, i checked the Brussels manucipality website to check for the earliest appointment available and i found it to be 6/12!!

Is this normal? Or do i have the privilege to go without an appointment since it's my first time and my time is so short? Does the manucipality (Brussels) offer free places without appointment sometimes?

I really appreciate your insightful responses.

Thanks in advance.

@mohanealabib

It will make more sense if you go over to the office with all your documents as proof this will enable them attend to you urgently!! For urgent needs you don't need appointment you just go over to the city hall and they will attend to you.

Hello,

So I am currently waiting for my working permis to start my Visa process but I would like to have some information.

I am from Algeria and I will be going to Belgium for a PHD in Ku Leuven and in partnership with a laboratory situated in Izegem.

So I will be employed in that laboratory as a PhD student from Ku Leuven.

And so I will be taking courses in Ku Leuven and working on my research in the laboratory in izegem.

So here are my questions:

- Once arrived in Belgium what are the things I will need to do first ?

- since I will be in mostly in Izegem, what is it like living in a Flanders région ? And how about the appartement research?

- can I go to the manucipality hall even without have a house yet ?