What do you think about French law project of immigration ?

Hi,

We're writing a new paper about French law project of immigration and would like to know your opinion. With the project, a foreigner who doesn't respect "Republic values" may be forced out. What do you think about that ?

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Regards,

If you decide to live in a country other than the one you were born & raced in you have to respect there laws, even though you may not agree with them, I am sure there are French people who do not always agree BUT you have to obey.

@Asaël Häzaq

I think it's a perfectly normal thing to do.

Everyone who has travelled a little knows that you must adhere to the values and customs of the country your in, otherwise, you may be fined, jailed or be thrown out. Whether in India, China, the Middle East, or parts of Europe, a foreigner not respecting these values, is indicating that their home country values are superior or preferred. If you cannot adhere to these values, then you should at your first opportunity leave and go live where your own values are common.

Can you define ”republic values”?

Hi again.

No response, so I'm going to assume you are referring to the "liberty", "equality" and "fraternity" which is a feature of the French Constitution, so it's law.  On that basis, any person who aims to become an Expat in France (or any other country) should be aware of what the requirements are to live there and should they not conform to the law, then understand they may be dealt with by the law.  This does not preclude anybody from engaging in local politics so their views are heard and considered.

I am often puzzled by Expats who struggle and fight to leave their home country, get to the new country where they can achieve their dreams and freedom and then proceed to try and make their new country just like the one they left and claimed to have feared/hated.  Integration is an important thing these days, things such as learning the language, obeying the law, observing local customs, and understanding what the new country stands for, in France's case its Constitution - the French think it's important, I think I agree with it.

@Cynic

Sorry for the late. Yes, it was that. It's about liberty, laicity, fraternity... thanks for your reply.

@Asaël Häzaq I say why do we even need a law for that. Why people are surprised. If France thrive better than some other countries, it's because of their way of being and how the French have been. So when someone leave a country to another, they should leave the belonging of the country they are leaving in the leaving country....

This should be basics common sense....

france is too passive on criminality whether foreign born or native, so any strengthening of laws to adequately punish offenders is ok by me. As for immigrants or expats who break the laws, expulsion immediately no matter their wealth or country of origin.

the problem with france is that there is a nacent, in-born undercurrent of “trying to cheat the system” anyway, so often foreigners are simply learning the ropes from the french themselves.

i definitely think that those who come to france to live off the social welfare and never work should be returned to their countries of origin too. im tired of working for people who choose not to work and are told it is their right not to. same goes for french people who choose not to work and on top of that are criminals. the french system rewards those without ambition and punishes those who have it.

and again, it's the french culture and system itself that breeds criminality and cheating the system because the system itself is so deeply flawed against those who are actually good, working citizens.

ive never lived in a nation in which a significant part of the population believe it is their right to have other people work so they don't have to. And instead they have kids, play video games, have their rent paid for, money given to them just because they're breathing. the nation is rotting from the inside from the french themselves who abuse the system, the abusive system it has AND is not attracting top tier people - and the few that do come are often get wrapped up in the same blanket as the ones that come to just live on social welfare.