Immigration appointment

I was successful recently in gaining my first years temporary residency, my question is in 12 months when I have to renew how long in advance should I apply to immigration for an appointment.

I was successful recently in gaining my first years temporary residency, my question is in 12 months when I have to renew how long in advance should I apply to immigration for an appointment.

-@Jackie53

Hi,

Normally, 2 months in advance but in fact, it depends upon the size of foreign population. If you live in an area with massive crowd of foreigners, good to do it ahead of time but if you are in an area with very few foreigners, no need to rush.

Once I lived in another UE country and being myself a UE citizen, I had my new residence card while I was waiting and it took max 10 minutes. This was 20 years ago....

@Jackie53

Hi Jackie as a matter of interest what did immigration tell you about your absences from Cyprus. It has been previously posted on this forum that you can come and go as much as you like but no absence can be longer than a 90 day continual absence. However CC&A have advised me its 90 days TOTAL in the whole 12 month period between issue and renewal which seems very restrictive. As you recently acquired your pink slip temporary residence permit I'd be interested to hear from you.

Second question - I'm coming to Cyprus in November to make my pink slip and cat F applications. How long did your pink slip take to come through

Your reply would be much appreciated

Tony

@tonyjphilip59 sorry I cannot help as I have relocated permanently and won't be leaving Cyprus for long periods of time.