Advice on importing a Car

I need to have a vehicle in the DR by this winter. I have gone back and forth deciding to buy something new in DR or bring a couple of year old car from the US. The only reason I am thinking of bringing a car in is that I own a dealership in the US and have access to slightly used cars at a very good price. It is my understanding that I would pay 20% import tariff plus 18% tax plus freight getting it over. If anyone has advice or a company that handles the importation it woukd nbe appreciated….

I can recommend a good customs broker here in Santo Domingo. She speaks English as well. Her name is Suggey.

I also had the same problem. You can whats app me at ***. My name is Tony. I found a perfect soultion to my problem be glad to share it with you.

Moderated by Bhavna 10 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Importing

Remember, what you pay for the car means nothing to customs.

They value the car their way.... so your taxes will be based on that value, not your cost

Please do not post your personal contact info.  That is not allowed.

You also have to have owned a car for at least a year before you can import it.

@ddmcghee

Isnt that only if you are applying for residency?

@dbhford I thought it was on any vehicle being imported by an individual, but it might just be those applying for the tax waver with residency.

I believe it is only for those wanting the tax break.

@planner I thought personal contact info was not allowed?

I didn't post my personal info.  I referred a customs agent.

@planner

Can you send along info on how to get in touch with the Customs Agent?

Thank you…

I sure can. Suggey T*** that is her business phone and whatsapp

Much Thanks