New Passport issued need to tell immigration

I need some advice, my wife has been issued with a new UK passport which has a different number than the one on her ARC.

I have tried looking on the Cyprus Immigration pages to see how she gets her ARC updated with her new passport number but I am struggling to find anything.

Does anyone know how we get her ARC updated or should we just wait for renewal in September.

@MacGeorge8035 my husband has just got a new passport and we have just been to uk, they never said anything to him when he handed both in at passport control so i presume its not a problem.

@MacGeorge8035 don't worry about it in 9 years we have never had an issue with 5 changes of address or a passport number change logged against ARC . Its really not that important

Thanks, guys much appreciated, I will just leave it until we renew our ARC in September.

@MacGeorge8035. If you still have the old passport (probably with a corner clipped off) then just travel with both of them!

@Toon

morning Toon,

Just got my new BLUE  passport. while coming through the Airport yesterday just happened to mention it to the Immigration Officer (nice chap). He asked for my yellow slip. He updated it on his computer and that was the end of the story.

as you said long time here all sorts of changes.

I cant be bothered going to Authorities for everything.

However a word of caution (how far true i dont know) when exiting & returning I give them my driving license as well because I understand if the ARC is not entered one can be mistaken for a tourist and then the problem starts.

@charles533 if you don't want your passport stamped then you must present your yellow slip.

If in the event it gets stamped and you are a legal resident you can have the stamp annulled / cancelled    ...

Toon

had heard about this but thanks all the same for confirming this. so far no problems as my ARC is on my drivers License as well but i carry it with me all the same,

Regards

We are as guests required to carry it by law... At all times....

We have not been out of Cyprus since getting the yellow cert but are planing a trip to the UK. Just so I am clear on the procedure, given comments above, do we just use the yellow cert (original or copy) to exit and return and not present our UK passport? We do not have Cypriot driving licenses yet on UK ones.

You must present both as without it they will

Stamp your passport which may prove problematic later depending on how many times you exit and re-enter

OK I will do that and make sure they do not stamp my passport.

@phildraper if you send me your email.privately by private message hee I can send you something to support it

This is the text from the withdrawal agreement.....

Don't stamp my passport!

This is the relevant text from the Withdrawal Agreement that you could print out and keep with you when travelling. The 'equivalent formality' in point 2 is an entry stamp because UK citizens have a visa waiver. Our documents were issued under Article 18.4.

Article 14

Right of exit and of entry

1. Union citizens and United Kingdom nationals, their respective family members, and other persons, who reside in the territory of the host State in accordance with the conditions set out in this Title shall have the right to leave the host State and the right to enter it, as set out in Article 4(1) and the first subparagraph of Article 5(1) of Directive 2004/38/EC, with a valid passport or national identity card in the case of Union citizens and United Kingdom nationals, and with a valid passport in the case of their respective family members and other persons who are not Union citizens or United Kingdom nationals.

2. No exit visa, entry visa or equivalent formality shall be required of holders of a valid document issued in accordance with Article 18 or 26.

@phildraper

Guys, I may be totally wrong

1. with a "yellow slip" you should not be driving with an UK License. Any comments from anyone will be appreciated as that is what I know.
  2. When you go to the Airport carry a copy of your "yellow slip". when presenting your passport show them the copy of the "slip" as well. Nothing more noting less. This I am sure about as in the last 12 months have exited and entered Cyprus 8 times.

Trust this explains this in words of one syllable

You must present both as without it they will
Stamp your passport which may prove problematic later depending on how many times you exit and re-enter
-@Toon

Providing you have the correct residency documents, stamping of passports will NOT course any problems.

The only problem will be if you keep on being stamped and you are a frequent traveller your passport will fill up quickly and you will need to get a new one. But later in the year, they are doing away with stamps and it will be all digital.

Thanks to all for the updates. I read that UK license should be change within the 1st 6 months. I am planning it but I also have some friends who have not changes theirs over in 3 years! They better not get caught I guess. All depends on how stick the authorities are

Thanks to all for the updates. I read that UK license should be change within the 1st 6 months. I am planning it but I also have some friends who have not changes theirs over in 3 years! They better not get caught I guess. All depends on how stick the authorities are
-@phildraper

You are correct, you must exchange in the 1st 6 months, failing to do so will mean your insurance is void.

@Toon

one of these days you and me need to have a chat1f601.svg1f601.svg1f601.svg1f601.svg1f601.svg

You shoould change your licence within 6 months as we are no longer in EU..  before that one could use your UK licence here until the photo expiry dat at 4b on your licence.....