Can we still apply for MVV Visa when my husband has autism?

Hello, I (Indian Citizen) and my husband (Dutch Citizen) have registered our marriage recently, in a couple of months we are going to apply for MVV. I have cleared my Civic Dutch exam and my husband has a year and a half of work experience so far. He is in the second year of his work contract. So we are going to apply for MVV as soon as he gets his 3rd-year contract from his work in January. From the beginning of the pandemic until 2022 January, my husband was receiving welfare from the government as he was not working. Also, he is autistic spectrum. So my question Is, Will this be a problem for us to apply for MVV and with all the visa processes?

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

There is nothing specifically that prevents you from applying for MVV as the wife of a Dutch citizen (his mental health has nothing to do with it). That said, the requirements remain the same; there are no special dispensations granted; this link will take you to the Dutch Government website that deals with the specific requirements you will have to meet.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team