Are standard bachelor degrees accepted in the Netherlands for work?

I am an EU citizen, currently studying in Scotland, UK for my undergraduate degree. In a year or two I am hoping to move to the Netherlands permanently but I am unsure of what to do regarding my studies..

In my university I am given the opportunity to either graduate with a standard Bachelor of Science degree (3 years) or take an additional year and graduate with a Bachelor of Science with Honours.

I am aware of honours degrees being seen as "better", however due to the situation I am in, I would highly prefer to graduate with just a standard degree as I am a little desperate to move out of this country already.. my question is, if I choose to graduate with a standard bachelors degree rather than an honours one, will that cause me severe issues with moving/finding a job in the Netherlands? Do the Dutch people care a lot about the degree type?

For context, I am aiming to work in the tech/design field as a UX designer, any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you so much!

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

I think you already know the answer to your question.  To clarify, if you were sat the other side of the interview desk and had 2 identical CVs, the only difference being the class of degree, who would you hire?  If you were the guy who was not taken on, how would you feel, knowing that the guy who got the job you wanted could have been you?

To directly answer your questions, the Dutch are very interested in people's qualifications, followed by their experience, then their ability to speak Dutch.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team