Dutch pension

My wife is eligible to receive a small Dutch pension which she wants sent to Cyprus. She contacted the "pension authority" in the Netherlands and was told she had to get permission from Cypriot authorities for it to be sent to Cyprus. Anyone here have to do this. She is reluctant to have to deal with Cypriot bureaucrats who or my not speak english let alone Dutch.

Surely Netherlands being in the euro zone and Cyprus is in that same euro zone the likelyhood is you can send direct iban to iban via sepa or swift mechanisms . I can see the Cyprus bank asking for details of the incoming funds if it's regular but it's no biggy really .... Do you already have a Cyprus bank account...if so it's simply a visit to the bank manager it's usually painless although with new legislation and enforcement on proving source of funds it can be a pain . But in terms of a small pension I doubt it's a problem at all

Understandable not wishing to involve Cyprus banking red tape it can be cumbersome ... ..

Why not have it paid into revolut or similar (maybe N26 Germany do mobile banking and allow Netherlands ) and use the funds from there...

I have my homeland based pensions paid into a homeland bank and transfer as required to revolut ..

Thanks for your input. I did some digging and thanks to the good old EU, yes, you do have to have your foreign pension authorized/approved/applied for/whatever, by the authorities in the country you are living. So she will have to visit the social insurance office in Paphos with bank details and ID. Found this at europa.euYourEurope. Sounds simple enough .

Just open N26 account easy all done on line ...sorted

Thanks Toon