Advice for Verification Against EU Law

Hi Everyone, new member here from Indonesia.

Here's my situation. My boyfriend of 7 years is an EU citizen (Irish) and me Indonesian. We both currently living in Indonesia and have been living together for 5 years. He's planning to study in The Netherlands this summer and I'd like to join him. I have read plenty of verification against eu law but I still have some questions and I hope I could get some enlightment here..

1. As Indonesian, I'd need Schengen tourist visa to go to Netherlands and apply for verification against EU law in person when I got there. But tourist visa only grant me 90 days maximum (if I got single entry, I'd only get 15-20 days, depending on the embassy). Meanwhile, I have read that IND took 6 months to process residence permit for verification against eu law. Would having Schengen visa only allowed me to stay while waiting for the decision?
  2. As I read from other post, my passport won't be detained during the process. Would I be allowed to leave Netherlands while waiting for the process? I am thinking that in the 6 months of waiting I could go back to Indonesia and keep my job until I got the decision that I am allowed to reside and work in Netherlands.

We both are not married and not registered, but we have plenty of relationship proof and letter from our landlords stating that we have lived together for more than 2 years. I am hoping this would be enough to help my case. Any other suggestions to help my situation is very much welcome. Thank you very much!

My IND card took weeks not months

Hi!

Once you apply they send you a letter stating you are allowed to wait in the country until you have a result, so it doesn't matter how long your visa is for.

About leaving the country, i am positive that it is ok as long as you stay in the schengen area, but when you leave for indonesia, you might need a visa again to come back. Because the letter they send or the sticker they give on your passport is only to state that you are allowed to STAY in the country. I also read on IND website that they dont encourage to leave the country while waiting a result.

Our process took about 4 months, the IND is very busy but still they didnt wait for whole 6 months to be over.

@sevimhasanova Hi, thank you very much! BTW, do you mind share me the link in IND about being in NL while the permit in process? I thought I have read IND from back to back but clearly I missed this one. Thank you in advance :)

@IndoM hi! I couldn't find where i read it on the website, but it clearly states that the letter/sticker you get while waiting is for staying purposes.

Also even you have a residency permit, staying outside the country for 6 months and more is considered a reason to revoke your permit.

I asked IND on twitter and the response was you would need a return visa.

https://twitter.com/ind_nl/status/16283 … IkyMGYBEoA

Hope it helps.