Waiting for ID cards

It should be in the office at the immigration dept where you applied..might be worth calling in... They won't tell you despite saying they would

We have been waiting since June last year, been into Larnaca immigration on plenty of occasions and it's not there, I have sent 8 emails since before Christmas and not a response from one, I can't get through on the phone it just goes to voicemail saying leave a message which I have and no return phone number, will need to reapply again in June 😂😂😂, got to laugh

@Toon

Thanks - will do

We have been waiting since December 2022! When we had our ARC renewed in December 2023 we were told that the immigration service had not done anything to process our application over the previous 12 months - we are wondering what the record is for getting the biometric card ?

Are these cards all for the pink slip route and not linked to cat F routes .... I assume that they are.

@Toon

My wife and I are both on the cat F route,this is what we were advised to do when we moved to Cyprus in September 2022. We are retired and meet all the requirements for immigration to proceed . We are renting our second property since arriving in Cyprus and will probably continue to rent as we wish to live in various areas of Cyprus.

What other method is there in applying for temporary residency? We were told that cat F was our only option.

We have been waiting since December 2022! When we had our ARC renewed in December 2023 we were told that the immigration service had not done anything to process our application over the previous 12 months - we are wondering what the record is for getting the biometric card ?

-@L and M

You would think email in this day and age would be the best and quickest way to communicate, but for some reason, no one likes to do it. Malta and Austria are just the same. You are best going into the office, or phoning them up.

As you have to have a temporary visa to stay whilst waiting to be cat F approved then I guess a temporary visa pink slip is the route to take.. bear in mind very few If any cat F permits have been issued since 2018 2019.. .

@MacGeorge8035  ours took from 3 February last year till mid August.

@SimCityAT

We have emailed and phoned - emails are ignored and phone calls are not answered.

I was told it will be posted but we all know that's not going to happen so check at the same office the immigration appointment was. I was also told by the lawyer I used that she was told they are not issuing the cards for the 1st year only when you renew😕 I have the 2nd year renewal appointment on the 20th Mar 2024 so let's see what happens.

HI

My friend went to renew her visa on Friday and was going to ask about the ID card situation.  She'll also update me on Monday when we meet up.

@NeilGoldman Well I guess if you ever get pulled over by the police and asked why you never exchange your license you can explain it was not for trying 1f609.svg I will not bother going until I get the ID card which is probably another 3 months away.
I am on first name terms with Maria and Maria 2 at Paphos customs. Savvas as well sometimes. All are very nice and I never have to wait to see them. Normally in and out in 10 mins including pleasantries.  Been there many times to extend the car and motorcycle. I started the process in Jan 2023 and they have said due to the backlog it might be a year! Each time I go they ask for some new document or another copy of one they already have as it is lost in their pile of files. At least I am not paying the road tax for a 5+ year old diesel.

HO, I do miss seeing Maria 1 and Maria 2 lovely ladies.

One thing they do need at customs though is some English signage, I nearly gave up trying to find that office last building 1st floor on my first visit!

-@phildraper

@timhuntington

They don't make it easy that's for sure