True satellite internet

We will be moving to an area that does not yet have fiber optic for internet. The company that will eventually deliver that, True, does offer a satellite package for internet. I have TRIED Google, in addition to contacting the company and cannot get a clear answer on what the fastest internet speed that I can expect from a Satellite dish. The only answer that my wife can get when talking to the company representative is "yes, we have fast internet". I am looking for download/upload speeds in Mb/sec. I will be streaming Netflix, Amazon prime and video calls with friends in the US.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience in using True or any other internet provider through a satellite dish.

Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Randy

@rzugnoni we had internet via satellite dish from TOT and it was fine for watching TV and internet calls. We were using it up until Covid hit 3 years ago but this time we've gone to 3BB 5G. Still have the satellite dish on the roof which reminds me that I must get TOT to come and take it down.

@rzugnoni we had internet via satellite dish from TOT and it was fine for watching TV and internet calls. We were using it up until Covid hit 3 years ago but this time we've gone to 3BB 5G. Still have the satellite dish on the roof which reminds me that I must get TOT to come and take it down.
-@kevh

Thank you for the response. It looks like 3BB is WIFI. I believe that has less latency than satellite. I will look into that. There is also a chance that fiber optic might be available by the time our place is built.

-@kevh
Thank you for the response. It looks like 3BB is WIFI. I believe that has less latency than satellite. I will look into that. There is also a chance that fiber optic might be available by the time our place is built.
-@rzugnoni

3BB is a big broadband company. Quite popular in cities,but not so much out in the sticks.Don't go for internet via satellite. That's my personal opinion and stay away from TOT. That's the state owned company.

-@kevh
-@rzugnoni
3BB is a big broadband company. Quite popular in cities,but not so much out in the sticks.Don't go for internet via satellite. That's my personal opinion and stay away from TOT. That's the state owned company.
-@Leeds forever!

Thanks for the information. I am going to look for something other than satellite. I'm not sure what else is offered here as we are in a rural area. Right now I have AIS Fibre which is a fiber optic line. I know that True has a fiber optic line going along the main highway which is about 700 meters from our land that we might build on. I'm hoping that once the electrical is brought into that area in August that the fiber optic will also get there. Could you tell me if your objection to satellite is speed or reliability or both?