Internet in Thailand - (40 km west of Nakhon Phanom )

Hi,
     I am coming to Thailand on friday on a 90 day non immigrant visa and hope to convert it to a marriage visa. I have 4 days in Bangkok then fly to Sakhon Nakhon on tuesday 11th to be with my wife.I have an Alcatel one touch tablet and wondered if anyone can tell me the best way of accessing the internet.Our home is a bit remote about 40 kilometres west of Nakhon Phanom.

Many thanks

Hello JOHNMELL :cheers:

While waiting for members to revert back, I suggest you to browse through the Telecommunications in Thailand section of the forum to gather some infos on threads there.

Regards
Kenjee

JOHNMELL wrote:

Hi,
     I am coming to Thailand on friday on a 90 day non immigrant visa and hope to convert it to a marriage visa. I have 4 days in Bangkok then fly to Sakhon Nakhon on tuesday 11th to be with my wife.I have an Alcatel one touch tablet and wondered if anyone can tell me the best way of accessing the internet.Our home is a bit remote about 40 kilometres west of Nakhon Phanom.

Many thanks

John there are a number of options, but a lot will depend on your exact location. I live in a rural area and CAT have a WiFi system. WiFi from tower to my home that is then cable from receiver on the house to connect to a computer using LAN I also have a WiFi router running. I get about 10/1 Mb on a good day  :) Costs 700 Baht a month.

TOT and True are also providers as well as 3BB plus mobile phone companies.

Might I suggest you check in the local town(Nakhon Phnom?) see if they have CAT and TOT for a starter and if they service your area.

There are other ways to access Internet via air card for example but most packages especially via mobile devices are expensive and high data is limited with step downs to as little as 256kb after using high speed quota.

Best is to pop up in any store of the 3 suppliers listed previously with your precise location to check with them, your wife can also phone them, and you can check also with neighbour or closest shops if they use internet and with which supplier.

For example 3BB Wifi coverage in Nakhon Phanom does not look very good based on their coverage map :

http://www.sensorly.com/map/WIFI/TH/Tha … d|coverage

call 3 bb or tot they gonna set u up