Inertia Ended/Ready to Move!

Stretching after a long hibernation... I am not new here but am, after the upheavals of these last years, newly awakened and ready!

I'm a foreign language teacher, retired due to physical disabilty (read as "My Social Security does not meet most countries' requirements"--but fortunately I have investments that do) and seeking to move indefinitely with my caregiver and our 2 dogs somewhere (outside of USA or Australia):

• hot and humid (I'd be happy never to see 60 degrees ever again)
  • tranquil and safe, both from natural disasters and crime (including attacks on bodily autonomy)
  • economical

We plan to work on my health, farm a little, avoid nightlife 1f913.svg, interact positively with the local community. Between the 2 of us, we've lived in 8 different countries and speak, at various levels of fluency, 6 different languages.

We're open to any reasonable suggestions and advice (i.e., does not include dumping the dogs). I'm planning to start with Mexico and write the consulate regarding their requirements for the Visa de Residente Permanente y/o Temporal and specifically their requirements with regard to dependents. I would need for them to consider my caregiver as such.

1f483.svgPhew! Joints are lubricated... Thank you!

--Pepita Pibble

Welcome!  So  we qualify as hot and humid!  For sure at least  9 months of the year!   

Tranquil and safe -  well some places can be tranquil but will require some  searching. Safe -  you create your safety here as in most places!

Economical - depends how you live but it is doable.

Now it all depends if you qualify for residency.  Go read the pinned post to see honey! 

¨Here¨ is Santo Domingo, DR?

What is the ¨pinned post¨ that everyone is talking about?

I see at least ten pinned posts at the Santo Domingo forum.

cccmedia

Here is Dominican Republic. 

Pinned posts- the one called residencia.  And not a bad idea to scan all of them!

I just realized you are not actually on the Dominican Republic forums!  Ok now I understand the confusion. 

First go to the countries list and choose Dominican Republic honey!

@planner Thank you for your reply. DR was on my list; unfortunately, however, they do not offer a visa for my type of financial solvency.

Dear Pepe,

Consider the Ecuador 'professional' visa, which is

based primarily on the primary applicant's

educational record.

cccmedia, resident of Quito, Ecuador

Meet expats all over the world

OR