Migrating from Australia

Hi guys

Covid is almost over and its now time to consider moving to indonesia once again like it was planned

before the pandemic started 3 years ago.

Being a person that doesnt need a lot, im looking at retiring for a better life style relaxing lay back and

as ive visited many times have decided that this is the place to do it finaly as the people i have met over

the years would be what im after the lay back no hassel quiet exzistance.

People over the years have tried to convince me Thailiand is the go, but people there arnt as friendly and

responsive as the Indonesian population, hence that idea has gone by and that wont be considered again.

Now as i said i dont want to live a fast life style so ive decided to seek an apartment or simular in or around

the Lovina area of Bali island, there i believe i could live without all the Tourism and hectic lifestyle of

other places all expats go, but im finding it hard to get any information on accomadation so if any body can

help me it would be appreciated on how to aproach this situation, so please if you can help it would be

appeciated.

Thank you

Daryl

Lombok is quite amazing but suffers less from tourists.

Other areas such as Bandung and Bogor offer cooler weather but have everything you need for daily living.

Kalimantan has a lot to offer if you're looking for quieter places filled with friendly people.

Middle of the road are towns like Cirebon. Quiet enough to enjoy life, cheaper to live, but you have very good supermarkets and so on.

Thanks Fred

@Fred

Yes I concur with the island of Lombok. One of the best kept secrets in Indonesia. I've stayed there twice with my Indonesian GF (pictured) in Senggigi on the west coast. Quiet and laid back. Forget it if you're a party animal which I'm not which is why I go there.

It has one of my favourite hang outs in Asia - the Happy Café

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

Daryl