New members of the Ireland forum, introduce yourselves here - 2023

Hi all,

Newbie on the Ireland forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Ireland if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

@Julien good evening am Janet I just moved to Ireland am looking for a house can u be of help to me thank

Hello Mamabaris9,

Welcome on board !

Have you checked the Housing in Ireland section of the website ?

Where in Ireland are you looking for a house ?

All the best

Bhavna

Good day

My name is Hannes Van Der Westhuizen and reside in South-Africa. I am a counsellor that provides services like trauma, grief, wellness, stress and, substance abuse counselling. I am currently busy with a distance learning program which is a Masters degree is Social work and Counselling.

It has been a long time aspiration for me and my partner to move to Ireland, but we are still pretty much in the dark about how to 1. Validate our qualifications, 2. Find work within our qualifications. I am ashamed to say it, but we are getting desperate to leave our country due to the political climate and the wreaking infrastructure.

Any advice or guidance will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Hello hanz62,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Thank you for the intro!

You should start by reading our Living in Ireland guide for expats.

There is a lot of useful information in this guide.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Good day
My name is Hannes Van Der Westhuizen and reside in South-Africa. I am a counsellor that provides services like trauma, grief, wellness, stress and, substance abuse counselling. I am currently busy with a distance learning program which is a Masters degree is Social work and Counselling.

It has been a long time aspiration for me and my partner to move to Ireland, but we are still pretty much in the dark about how to 1. Validate our qualifications, 2. Find work within our qualifications. I am ashamed to say it, but we are getting desperate to leave our country due to the political climate and the wreaking infrastructure.

Any advice or guidance will be highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
-@hanz62

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

This link may help you on the road to getting your qualifications recognised.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Julien

My name is Malcolm Davis. I am from South Africa looking to make a move to Ireland. I am looking for a truck driver job. I am tanker Driver for dairy farm. What do I need to do to get a job there.

Hello Malcom Davis, welcome on board !

Feel free to read the articles under the Work in Ireland section of the expat Guide to gather as much information as possible.

Furthermore, you can create your CV in the Jobs in Ireland section of the website for better exposure.

All the best

Bhavna

Rick here from USA, im 3 years out retirement, looking at living abroad a 2 to 3 months out of year , thinking of buying  short term rental in either Ireland, Scotland or Montenegro in 2024-25 so trying to get information so i can make an educated decision.

@Julien

My name is Jacqueline Langton and we are looking to move to Ireland from South Africa and need as much information as I can get from where to look for jobs. My husband is in the it space, where to live, schools etc

@Julien

Hello all, I am Richard. I will be in  Dublin on the 10th April and will need a place to stay for a week

@Richard Dorhetso

Hello Richard,

Welcome on board. Try booking.com or drop an advert in the housing in Dublin section.

Regards

Bhavna

@Zaeb Hello Zaeb, welcome on board.

Please have a look at the response given on the forum : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 15#5627735

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien Hi all- Jeanie here. Looking at a possible move to Ireland in the next few years, but not sure how to get our family of four a visa. I've looked into the Stamp 0 option and the work visas, but at this point it's definitely a work in progress! Glad to be on the forum : )

Hello jeanimh,

Welcome to Expat.com 1f601.svg

Where are you from?

I suggest you start by reading the Living in Ireland guide for expats where you may get some answers to your questions.

If you want to discuss any topic such as visas, I invite you to start a new thread on the Ireland forum.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Julien Hi all- Jeanie here. Looking at a possible move to Ireland in the next few years, but not sure how to get our family of four a visa. I've looked into the Stamp 0 option and the work visas, but at this point it's definitely a work in progress! Glad to be on the forum : )
-@jeaniemh

In addition to the advice given by Cheryl, another valuable source of Information on all matters to do with living and working in Ireland is the Citizens Information website; an excellent place to start is the "Moving Country" section; this link will take you straight to it.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey.

Cynic

Expat Team

hello, am Dila from new zealand. work here in dublin, feel free to message me for any job opportunities, willing to help.

New in ireland. Thanks for welcoming me

@Dila Bud hi hi, I'm Kgomotso from Botswana currently based in Botswana. I'm looking for a job in Ireland so that I can move there. I have a degree in Environmental Science and I'm a safety, health and environment professional. But I don't mind any kind of work for now. Thank you

Hello everyone,

We always advise job seekers to post their CVs in the appropriate section, the Jobs in Ireland section.

That is the only way we can help you get a job.

All the best,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@Julien I am Leo Kusikwenyu,  a qualified Electrician/Electrical Technician with  over 23 years experience in food manufacturing industry, looking for opportunities  in Ireland, currently living and working in JohannesburgSouthAfrica. I have set my sight on relocation to Ireland  permanently, any assistance  on job opportunities and lifestyle information is greatly appreciated.

Welcome on board @Leo Kusikwenyu,

I would recommend that you create your CV in the Jobs in Ireland and that you go through the articles of the Work in Ireland section to gather as much information possible.

You may also open your own topic on the Ireland forum so that members may guide you.

All the best

Bhavna

@Julien

Hi everyone, we are planning on moving to Ireland in a couple of years time, when I retire. We're looking for a rural property in a quiet location. I currently work in the UK but that will be coming to an end soon. We keep a selection of retired farm animals and so will be bringing them along too so will need to check up on the animal regulations, but it seems achievable. Currently looking on Daft for a place that we can 'do up'. I'm an Irish national but don't remember when I lived there!

Hi Everyone,

I am from India, living in Dublin since last 3 years.

Working here as a Customer Insights manager. And exploring Ireland one city, one beach, one hiking trail at a time. Love going for sea swim and working out whenever I can.

Looking to connect with more expats from different parts of the world and know about different culture and language.

Thanks

Vikrant

Hello and welcome on board @ Vikrant ^^

Feel free to explore the Dublin forum.

Regards

Bhavna

@Julien Hello,my name is Robert Atta Ennuson,I am a Ghanaian,I live in Ghana.I'm accountant by profession and a married man.I have the interest to come to Ireland to find work to do.Kindly contact me on my WhatsApp *** for further conversation.Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna 7 months ago
Reason : For security reasons, please share contact details through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@attaennuson Hello and welcome !

Please find detailed information about working in Ireland in the following article : Finding a job and working in Ireland

Don't forget to create your CV in the Jobs offers in Ireland section for better exposure.

All the very best

Bhavna

Hello there. I am Amanuel Yigezu. I am coming for a study in Dublin this Tuesday. I am looking for an Ethiopian community who can support me upon my arrival.

Kindest regards,

Amanuel

Hello there. I am Amanuel Yigezu. I am coming for a study in Dublin this Tuesday. I am looking for an Ethiopian community who can support me upon my arrival.
Kindest regards,
Amanuel

-@yigezuamanuel

Try this link.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

@Julien Greetings. My name is Emeka Christy from Nigeria. I am looking for a POA in medical Laboratory science. Please can you help me find POA placement in Ireland, also advice me on how to get Visa for POA.

Thanks.

@Lifepath Diagnosis

Hello and welcome !

Please note that we are not a job placement or recruitment agency, we can not find you a job.

I suggest that you create your CV in the Jobs in Ireland section and you gather some information and tips on google on how to get your diploma recognised.

You may also read the Finding a job and working in Ireland article. You will find some useful websites for your search.

Regards

Bhavna

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1055958

Thanks!

Closed