Share your comments or experiences

Hi everyone :) I am Nursu (her/she) from Istanbul Turkey :) I am happy to be here and join this community. My aim is to get to know people, new cultures and hopefully some tips ,as I will be moving soon to Brussel from Istanbul. I will be working in Denso company in Vilvoorde hopefully by April 2023. I am just at the beginning of the single permit application. I highly appreciate if you could maybe share your comments or experiences for below points that I am dealing right now :) any help, tips and comments are highly appreciated

Driver's license: from the Checklist registration at commune in Belgium , I understood that I can not drive a car in Belgium for 185 days of residence in Belgium during the exchange process of my current Turkısh driver license to Belgium one. ıs this true ? 185 days are a bit long, normally Turkish license are accepted in EU but in Belgium how it works?

Residance address in Belguim: I had been checking the houses for renting but to rent and make a contact the owners are asking for work or residence permit. The process had started recently and also in the Visa application form they are asking for an address. for the future address of Belgium, could I show an airbnb address for 1-2 months stay and could I change my residence address later?

Merhaba Nursu , welcome to Belgium :)

Regarding with Driver License :

Your current one is valid for 6 months. After 6 months period you have to change your Turkish one with Belgian one. During changinh process you cant use car

Regarding with Residence Address :

To rent an apartment almost all landlords will ask a valid contract and payslip.The one that have been asked on your visa application you can declare where ever you one .

When you are in townhall for your Residence process, there you have to give your residence address in Belgium because police will visit for confirmation. This again does no matter but every time you move, you have to inform the townhall. 

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board,  Nursu !

Please note that I have created a new thread from your post and the feedback you gad on the Brussels forum so that you might better interact with members.

Feel free to revert and read the articles of the Living in Belgium guide for expats for some in-depth infos.

All the best,

Bhavna