Location longue duree seychelles

Hello

We are looking at spending 6 mths in France and 6 months in Australia.  We would love to hear about others who split their time in two countries generally speaking and any advice on how they manage health care and taxes

Health care:  can they have health care cover in both countries

Taxes:  do they have to choose where they reside, any implication about taxes,  would be good to hear from Aussies Expats

thank you

Merci

Hello Shareexperience,

Welcome on board !

The French tax system can be a little confusing. I hope members will revert soon, till then, I suggest that you read the Income tax in France to gather some information and the following website for more in depths info : https://www.impots.gouv.fr/international

All the best,

Bhavna

@Shareexperience It is complicated. The first rule is that to avoid taxes, you must remain a Citizen of your home country. For me, as a US Citizen, 181 days in France is the limit. Health care is available to anyone. The prices are posted for service at the Cashiers desk. Insurance is available but must be a French Company. The agreements between countries are in their Treaties. So yes, you need to talk to people that have done it from your home country. It is not simple. You will not be able to work in France or have customers in France on the internet. There are Lawyers and accountants in France that can help. But the language is not the only difference. You have to learn the way things work, how people think and what to expect. I paid attention and adjusted my ways and expectations. The rules are the rules much more than in the US. I am happy to help ask away. John

@SAVANA2013 Messagerie b,oque car le site ne connait pas mon email que j ais duis toujours

Reclamation mais aucune reponse

@jenherb

As this is an Anglophone forum please post in English. If you wish to post in another language, then click on the dropdown box bottom right corner of this page and select from there.   Thank you.