Verify Company Existence

Hi,

I got a job offer from a company in Edinburgh named Tafan Medical Services Ltd but I couldn't find much info about this company on the web. In fact their website have been suspended. How to check if the named company is genuine or not since I am at Malaysia now.

Hope someone in here could help me.

Thanks and regards,

Arunane

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Almost certainly scammers; their registered address is a private house in Edinburgh.  The company is registered at Companies House, but that in itself means nothing.  My advice is to proceed with caution, if they ask you for any money for anything, then they are scammers.  They cannot give you a work visa.

If you are a medical professional, then look for work in the National Health Service.

I hope this helps.

Cynic

Expat Team

Have they asked for money?

If they have, it's a scam

Hi Cynic and Fred,

Thanks for the information. They said they have inform a firm called Immigration Law Firm Ltd to process the work permit and this Immigration Law Firm have contacted me and told me that I need to do a MoneyGram Transfer of GDP750 because this is part of the requirement. Below is what they have told me in the email:

"expatriate coming to live and work in UK for at least 6 months are mandated to have a minimum of ( GBP750, Seven Hundred & Fifty Pounds), Which is the stipulated financial requirement/basic applicant insurance allowance that must be in the possession of the applicant/employee into UK.

You must be able to demonstrate that you have funds to support yourself; this is to certify that you can be responsible for your maintenance as mandated by UK Insurance policies to protect and secure Expatriates financially. The mandatory insurance allowance  is (GBP750, Seven Hundred & Fifty Pounds) This process is for the security and well being of the applicant and is mandatory, till such applicant receives his/her first month salary from his/her employer."

Aru

Have they asked for money? If they have, it's a scam

I need to do a MoneyGram Transfer of GDP750 because this is part of the requirement.

See my post

I need to do a MoneyGram Transfer of GDP750 because this is part of the requirement.

No, it's scammers using what appears to be a real company's name.
Agreed - they are scammers.

To add - that Immigration Law Firm Ltd, it's been dormant since 31 March 2022, so it can't trade.

@Arunane I just want to ask regarding on this conversation. For I have received the same email to require a "stipulated financial requirement/basic applicant insurance allowance that must be in the possession of the applicant/employee into UK till such applicant receives his/her first month salary from his/her employer."

And they want me to send it thru Moneygram under my name on Uk and not under their company name or any name under them. Is it a legit one or a scam?

Hoping for some feedback or answer on this matter.

Thank you, so much and best regards.

@Criza if they are asking for you to send money, no matter how they word it, it is a scam. and certainly, no legitimate business will use Western Union or Moneygram or Bitcoin etc. it is a huge "this is a scam" red flag.