Getting married in Brazil, Permanent Visa and documents required

I used my divorce decree from the California Superior Court. 2 pages, 3 with the apostille.

Hi all.  Please forgive me if this question has already been covered on this forum:  I got my Permanent Resident status in 2014.  Since I'm away from home on an out-of-town job, I don't have my 'Green Card'. (so to speak) with me at the moment.  I seem to recall that the Permanent Resident (PR)status is good for 10 yrs but I might be mistaken.  BTW,  I got this PR through marriage.

Anyway, to get to the actual question:  If/when I have to renew my PR, will I have to go through the 'process' again?  Or is renewal of PR a simple, administrative formality easily done by paying a fee with some paperwork?

THANKS in advance/ desde ja, Obrigado

Thankfully, at my age, I don't have to find out the answer to this because mine doesn't have to be renewed. But this is a great question for those that are younger.

No you just renew it, once you are Permanent you are permanent, you don't have to do the process again unless you lose your status.

It's just the expiry date of the document

I just went through this process of " renewal" 2 months ago. Yes, expires in 10 years but when you are 60 years old, supposedly it is not required. That is true, it is not....BUT, nobody you encounter on a daily basis realizes this fact. Banks, airlines, even POLICE.

Soooooo, because Delta initially refused me on a flight back to Brazil, due to the residents card (which is your visa) expiration date, I reapplied for a new card. It costs BR $214.00  with a new application, your old expires card and a visit to the Policia Federal. The process was much easier than 15 years ago! They contact you via mail or telephone in Brazil 2 mos later to say that your new card has arrived and come pick it up at the OF office. I have yet to be notified and it's been since late August.

Wow...really I know how to spell and compose a paragraph, but reading what gets posted even baffled me! Lol

LOL.

On my card where it would normally say a date, it says "Indeterminado."

Typical , no one knowing that law for over 60's

I think the reasons they have the whole renewal are twofold

1. to keep track of the no of permanent residents actively in the country

2. easy money maker for the feds, R$200 + for a piece of plastics and paper

How old are you Mike.....your card probably say that because you were already of the age when you got it....

Makes sense , I guess when you get a card over the age limit the final one you get says that - literally "undetermined"

Hopefully that's what my new card will say!

51 Steve. Last renewal age is 60, so.....:G

..and I'm 65 and STILL found a need to renew. Believe me, it's my last one. 🙄

You should see my writing, can't be as bad as mine....esp. With the auto-spell checker'.   I shudder to think abt what it does to my Portuguese writing =-O

Motto Expresso,

I think someone messed up Your card should have said indeterminada when you got it. If you are going to reach the age of 60 within the 10 years they usually don`t put an expiration date on it.

Jim

I think the requirements can vary depending on where you are getting married. I was married earlier this year in the state of Goias and I was required to have both the divorce decree and the marriage certificate. Both needed to be apostilled in the USA and then translated by a state approved translator in Brazil. On a previous trip to Brazil, I was told of the requirement for the marriage certificate, which came as a complete surprise to me as I've not seen that requirement mentioned online. Needless to say, we were unable to marry until I went back to the USA, got the marriage certificate and returned to Brazil. Because of the timing, I also had to get all of my other required documents from the USA for marriage and residency issued a 2nd time, apostilled a 2nd time, etc. at an extra cost. Fortunately, after I had all of the required documents in order, both our marriage and my residency request were smooth sailing from that point forward. I'm now happily married and a permanent resident of Brazil.

Does anyone know about the after-entry process of the naturalization?

Thanks for the informations. It is big help. This month im going to brazil to get marry but i have a question to my mind and makes me worried. First, immigration at philippines is very strict, i only have one way ticket and i called this day the immigration and they said i need to get a return ticket to avoid offload at airport. What is the best answer to tell them.
Second, i am a seafarer, can i able bring my working documents in brasil or i will need a courrier to send my documents.? Immigration at brasil is strict with the documents i will bring?
Thanks for the answer.

With a marriage out of the country you mean?

You need round trip tickets to get a tourist visa for Brazil. Bring all you documents with you and make sure none except your merchant marine papers are more than 90 days old and have them apostilled in the PI.

Be careful of predators...

You don't necessarily need a round trip but you need an onward ticket to somewhere out of Brazil. If you are going back home after your visit, the round trip ticket is the best choice.

Jim

Hi
guy guide me get Brazilian citizenship ? I have brazilian PR what are the documents i need

Rasv

I don't know what you mean by Brazilian pr. Need more information in order to help you.

Jim

PR means permanent residentship

I read somewhere that even if you overstay the visa the courts will legitimize you're marriage based on constitutional law that states marriage is a right of human nature. Is this correct

If you are in Brazil, married to a Brazilian. You cannot be made to leave but you need to apply for your permanency.

Jim

Hi have question Friend of mine married a girl two years and they are gonna divorce if he divorce will he loose his permanent visa ?

Rasvi,

Divorce does not take it away.

Jim

hi James
is it possible to get a permanencia through owning property in brazil ?
-sam-

triffic wrote:

hi James
is it possible to get a permanencia through owning property in brazil ?
-sam-

Yes. Unfortunately James is no longer with us, but if you have your name on the paperwork for property or a business in Brasil you can use that for permanencia.

http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/estran … ermanenciahttps://servicos.dpf.gov.br/sincreWeb/

Mike
many thanks for your reply
don't you have to hire like 20 locals
where can I find the exact procedure with all the details

Hello,

I am a UK citizen currently on a student visa in Rio. My visa expires in March.

If anyone could gently guide me in the right direction I would be really appreciative.

My Brazilian boyfriend and I are exploring the option of myself getting married so I can obtain permanent residency status here in Brazil.

Would it be easier to get married in Brazil and then for me to go through the whole VIPER process in England as I need to return for Jury duty and then get the documents sent to me when they have been completed or do everything in Rio? As it's jury duty I won't be in the U.K for a long period of time.

Given my time frames do I need to get married before March? Also, if I do the process in Brazil am I able to leave and come back into the country while the process is being completed?

Thank you again in advance of any help.

Nikola

I would get married right away. apply for your visa in Brazil. As long as you have all of your documents correct. It will be granted right away. Come back after your jury duty and get the CIE.

Jim

Google.

So..then your exploring gaming the system using marriage as a tool to obtain residency?

Thank you Jim, for your quick response. Is there an up to date link with the documents needed?

MotoEspresso that's of course a matter of opinion. But it is a genuine relationship and as you know being a resident of Brazil will not provide me with the same opportunities and social securities as the U.K, so I feel I am not 'gaming' Brazil. I just want to stay with my partner, legally and happily :)

Here is the link based on marriage

http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/estran … -casamento

Jim

THANK YOU!

For the below declaration what would I need to get to prove the below point?

Declaração de que não se encontram separados de fato ou de direito, assinada pelo casal, com firmas reconhecidas;

Also I have this and apostilled from my home country but is there a time limit on how recent it would need to be? Last time it said 90 days for my student visa but this time it does not say anything.
Declaração de que não foi processado ou condenado criminalmente no Brasil e nem no exterior se não for casado há mais de 5 anos

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

The documents cannot be more than 180 days old. It used to say that but I see it does not anymore. The declaration of crimes is a document that you sign stating no criminal record in Brazil or abroad. When I did mine the Federal police had the document. I filled it out and signed in his presence and gave it back to him. Others on here have said they had to have it notarized. 

Jim