COVID Injections - Entry Requirement

Does anybody know if Brazil plans on following other countries by dropping all covid vaccine entry requirements and if so when?

Very few countries (if any) in Europe require people to test or indeed be "vaccinated" in order to enter.

Does anybody know if Brazil plans on following other countries by dropping all covid vaccine entry requirements and if so when?
Very few countries (if any) in Europe require people to test or indeed be "vaccinated" in order to enter.

-@GringoBrazil9191

No one knows at this time. We still have many cases being reported in Brazil but deaths are down.

As soon as officially published masks will not be required in airports or on planes. (Should be next week).

Texanbrazil : Thank you very much for the information I appreciate it!

Oi, Gringo,

I'll be flying down to Brasil in a few days, and received this info from my airlines:

Who can enter Brazil?

Currently, Brazil allows entry to fully vaccinated foreign travelers holding a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate.

Unvaccinated travelers may enter Brazil only if they fall under one of the following exempt categories:

Brazilian permanent residents and citizens

Persons not eligible for Covid-19 vaccination because of age (as stipulated by the Brazilian Ministry of Health)

Persons who cannot take vaccination due to the medical contraindications

Those who arrive from countries with low coronavirus vaccination rates (as defined by the Brazilian Ministry of Health)

Those traveling for humanitarian reasons (their entry must be approved by the Office of the President of Brazil)

Boa sorte!

JAC

Yep thats the same info I have and they do check your vaccine cert at the airport before passport control.

Make sure it 14 days than you go cause I got my shot and went they denied me at the airport

Thanks chefjim, ltoby95, dedecadaver,

I'm really just wondering when they will drop these mandates. Most countries in Europe have scrapped the requirement for people to have been covid vaccinated in order to enter...

I am also heading to Uruguay and they go a step further and that's the covid travel insurance cover.

Nobody who isn't vaccinated should be travelling. What's the problem with showing proof of vaccination?

@jonesio looking back over the replies I can't see anyone who mentioned a problem with showing the vac cert? Maybe I missed something?

As long as the USA requires it, l imagine Brazil will do the same.

@jonesio looking back over the replies I can't see anyone who mentioned a problem with showing the vac cert? Maybe I missed something?
-@ltoby955

Because those of us not buying into it all are just verbally abused and berated by the rest. So, we remain quiet

09/04/22  As long as the USA requires it, l imagine Brazil will do the same.
-@KenAquarius

Ken, you took the words right out of my mouth.  👍🏻

For over 2 years this has been discussed. There is nothing we can do. It is a decision by the government. (Politics). Most everyone is tired of all the health issues but we must continue and decide what is best for us as individuals.

Please remember the Expat.com forum is dedicated to expat related matters. Topics related to politics or religion won't be accepted.

Hello everyone,

Please note that unfortunately some posts have been removed from this thread.

Kindly avoid all kinds of messages that can lead to an unessasery debate about covid vaccines.

Thank you,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

Monday (12.09) Brazilian government eases covid-19 restrictions allowing travelers to either choose to present a proof of vaccination or a negative test to enter the country.

More on thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1001042#5501066.

09/15/22 This checks out.  Thanks, Residency Brazil. 👍🏻

I see that Canada has now dropped the vaccine mandate for travelers. Since they have been very strict about their Covid protocols, l will take it as a sign that it won't be long until all countries follow suit.

@GringoBrazil9191 right

@KenAquarius right