Brazilian government eases covid-19 entry restrictions

On monday (12.09) new interministerial ordinance 678/22 was published, simplifying the controls that exist regarding Covid-19 restrictions for the entry of travelers to Brazil.

With the new rules, travelers can now choose between the following actions:

- Provide proof of vaccination in printed or electronic form.

- Present proof of negative Covid-19 test, such as an antigen test or RT-PCR test laboratory performed at most one day before departure from the first embarkation point.

The new rules are already in effect and must be observed by travelers and air, water and land transport operators.

Links:

https://www.in.gov.br/web/dou/-/portaria-interministerial-n-678-de-12-de-setembro-de-2022-428660501

https://www.gov.br/anvisa/pt-br/assuntos/noticias-anvisa/2022/covid-19-portaria-altera-regras-para-entrada-no-pais

09/15/22  This checks out.  Thanks, Residency Brazil. 👍🏻

Same rules as when I flew in June and they do check your documents before passport control.

At least it offers an option

Thanks for posting Residency Brazil.

@KenAquarius

Indeed. Not allowing people to travel unless they had be subjected to a series of untested injections always seemed like a human rights violation to me.

@GringoBrazil9191 Joe Biden is on video saying the pandemic is over. If the USA would drop the vaccine requirement l believe Brazil would follow suit. No vaccine or test. We really need to move on from all of it.

09/22/22 Indeed. Not allowing people to travel unless they had be subjected to a series of untested injections always seemed like a human rights violation to me.
-@GringoBrazil9191

No one disputes the right of Novak Djokovic or anyone like him to do what they want with their own bodies, as long as they don't endanger anyone else.

According to the databases updated daily by ourworldindata.org, as of today's date 12.69 billion doses of vaccine against covid-19 have been administered in the world, and 67.9% of the world's population has received at least one dose.  Whatever one's personal preferences, referring to THAT as "a series of untested injections" is irrational, at the very least. 

Covid-19 is still with us, and will be for the foreseeable future. But Joe Biden is right:  the pandemic, in the sense of the uncontrolled spread of a deadly disease into susceptible populations IS over.  One of the most successful vaccination programs in human history is the reason.

@KenAquarius
Indeed. Not allowing people to travel unless they had be subjected to a series of untested injections always seemed like a human rights violation to me.
-@GringoBrazil9191

Well said. The biggest scam in the history.

It's great Brazil offers options now.

Go Brazil !

Hello everyone,

The Brazilian government has decided to ease covid-19 restrictions and it is good news. Many countries have decided to do the same since months now, as measures they had implemented has to some extent contained the pandemic.

I recommend we don't make a debate out of it. Some posts were removed.

This post is an announcement. New members and members, please be aware that rules have changed.

That being said, I am closing this topic and it is being pinned at the top of the forum for a while.

Thank you all,

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed