Visa for over 60 year olds still required?

Good evening everyone, I wonder if anyone can give me an answer to my question. Do foreigners from Europe still need a visa for Egypt (Dahab) after their 60 birthday- A friend of mine told me , it is no longer required. Thanks for your assistance
Martina
Hello Marti888,

The embassy might be able to guide you : https://egyptian-embassy.de/index.php/e … /visa-form

Regards,
Bhavna
@Marti888

I am over 60, from Austria, and still come in with a 25 USD tourist visa. The only advantage of being over 60 is that you can stay as long as you want and don't have to pay for expired visa when you leave again.... At least I never paid for it, even if I was here for 6+ months.

Friedrich
Hello Friedrich, my previous message to you got cancelled as I distracttedly wrote in German which is not accepted here as not everyone speaks German. I wanted to thank you for your useful information which I think is very positive as it is annoying to go to Sharm every few months to renew the visa. So you just pay when you arrive and that's it. Good. If you happen to pass by Dahab, I will offer you a cup of coffee.
I wish all the best
Martina
@Marti888
Dear Martina, thank you for your offer to which I will get back to with pleasure should I be around Dahab one day.
Should you be in Cairo I would like to offer you the same... ;-)
Best,
Friedrich
Thanks i think I will visit cairo soon

@Bhavna .thank you for the information

@Marti888

Hello abbawsomining,

Do you have anything to say to @Marti888?

Yoginee

Expat.com team

Yes you don't have to pay a fine on exiting Egypt once over 60 BUT whilst in Egypt it you need a sim or landline or anything official you need a visa for that to the best of my knowledge - it's all computerised now and the phone companies for example are instructed by the Egyptian govt to input the visa details.

@Miranda4 Yes, this is true for mobile phone providers. I am just lucky that I have Egyptian friends who got me a SIM card on their name. So this one never expires... ;-) And for the landline (I have one with WE) they have obviously not put my visa details into their system, because it is on my name and still works.