Dependent Visa processing time in 2022

I applied for dependent visa in April-2022. And currently it's being sent to Belgium immigration office via diplomatic pouch.

How much time currently it's taking for status updation on Dofi website and for visa?

Does anyone applied recently so they can share there experience.
Hi! Can you give me more details on the documents you submitted, in particular the time period for the payslips and the tax forms.

Thanks for your help.

@jayashreeshiv 6-8 weeks to be registered on dofi. 2-3 months for approval from date of registration on dofi

I applied for dependent visa in April-2022. And currently it's being sent to Belgium immigration office via diplomatic pouch.

How much time currently it's taking for status updation on Dofi website and for visa?

Does anyone applied recently so they can share there experience.
- @jayashreeshiv

Hi,

I applied on 30 MARCH. It has been sent to the Belgium immigration office via diplomatic pouch on April 11th.Still not updated on the website.What is your timeline
This is most of time from Delhi. If you apply from Delhi they always send file to belgium.

For me you should fire a lawyer to get status and visa processing.

@jayashreeshiv 6-8 weeks to be registered on dofi. 2-3 months for approval from date of registration on dofi

- @Adeyola

Correct. And, there is no need to hire an immigration lawyer. The process takes its own time. If your documentation is complete, you will get approved.
Hello,

Please find our timeline below, for us it felt like it was taking ages, I even had to reschedule flights. Maybe because our application was done in the Belgian summer holidays. Besides, I noticed delay might have been caused by the local embassy, they initially only sent part of our documents and proves to DVZ and then delayed to send the remaining and most crucial documents by diplomatic post. Hopes it helps a bit to keep hope and patience! Succes!!

Diplomatic Post:    XXX
Datum visumaanvraag:    Jul 22 2021
Datum registratie visumaanvraag door Dienst Vreemdelingenzaken:    Aug 16 2021
Beslissing/Status Dossier:    AKKOORD
Datum beslissing/Status Dossier:    Nov 5 2021
How did you know that they send parts only of your documents at begin?

Because this coming week, my fiancée will be going to her VFS appointment and the list of VFS are lacking some important documents...which I gave to my fiancée beforehand.
I told my fiancée to make sure VFS take all papers...

For example, VFS doesn't ask for documents like Mutualiteit insurance / Housing proof and some extra papers my commune gave me that they mentioned that it will be required

And for sure she can't make a scene there if they are rejecting to accept the extra documents...because I heard they threw people out before who threw a tantrum

@Avalu Hello, our application for the visa at the local embassy didnt go through VFS. I sent the whole file by DHL to the local embassy. My partner made an appointment and handed over the missing pieces (legalised papers). Then the local embassy sent the application and files to DVZ. After a while, our DVZ status updated and mentioned documents were missing and that they were waiting for it to be send by diplomatic post. Through a local contacts (i cannot give details in order to protect my source) I got notified that the initially file sent to DVZ by the embassy was not containing all the documents I provided though DHL. Also it seemed the application was delayed because the person in charge was not attending the DVZ request on our file but was going on business trips. I sent several emails to DVZ in Brussels and I delivered a copy of my files directly to the DVZ office in Brussels. Suddenly, there became progress and a decision. If it was triggered by my inquiries or that finally the diplomatic post was sent, I dont know up to today. But for us after all the waiting only the result mattered. Maybe some pushing helped after all? I was 100% sure my file was complete and did meet all criteria, so I was confident on that point.

@jayashreeshiv  For my one also sent April 11 , not update yet

@jayashreeshiv

did you get any updates on the website?
I have applied for a family reunification visa from New Delhi VFS on 10th June. On 17th June, the embassy emailed that they have sent my documents to the ministry.
But after that, there is no movement. It has been 2 months. I can't even track my file on the link they shared as it says it is unable to find a suitable result.
Anyone facing similar delays?
Yes...Mine is also 2 months underway and I can't see any results at tracking either

Although I'm not 100% sure of my reference number (I do not have access to visa on web)

Only information I got is

Email after succesfull VFS appointment
Visa application ref no. BDIR/1xxxxx/xx10/01 has been forwarded to the Embassy of Belgium

and second email title from embassy that tell me the case got forward to FPS Home Affairs
Votre demande de visa / Uw visumaanvraag / Your visa application: 7xxxx

But I'm thinking to call Immigration Office next week to see for update
Although I know my case take couple months but kinda feel better to be able to track things atleast...

*Edit* mine is a visa for marriage though
I have applied for a family reunification visa from New Delhi VFS on 10th June. On 17th June, the embassy emailed that they have sent my documents to the ministry.
But after that, there is no movement. It has been 2 months. I can't even track my file on the link they shared as it says it is unable to find a suitable result.
Anyone facing similar delays?
- @Deep Basu

Hi,
I applied 30 March, file sent 11 April until I couldn't see, I call every month, they said in processing.They have issue in online.
Take into account that a family reunion for EU takes 6 months.
If you're not EU, it takes from 9 months + extra time if they feel the need to investigate further/missing documents :(
Hi,
I applied for family reunification visa. Below is the timeline for same
Date of application: 11th Feb 2022
Date of registration by immigration office: 18th March 2022

I was asked for additional documents (annex 46) on 15th July. I submitted the document on 11th August.
Does anyone know after how much time the decision is taken after submitting requested additional documents?
@shreewiz7
Hi Shreewiz,
Same question. As I read in previous posts, the decision should be made within 2 weeks after submitting adequate additional documents.
But for my case:
- Date of application: 4th March 2022
- Date of registration by immigration office: 1rst Aril 2022
- Additional documents request on 29th July.
- Submitted the document on 05th August.
Still waiting
Hope my info give you some ideas
@Loc Tan Nguyen thanks for sharing the information!
Let me know if there is any update
Hello,
I applied for a family reunion visa in 31st of May in Turkey and Date of registration visa application by Immigration Office is 2nd August. (very slow). Meanwhile, I applied for a master program in Belgium and get acceptance as well. they offer me a student visa letter but they told me I cannot apply for a second visa while already have one in progress. Should I call immigration office and inform them? Will they take it seriously and give the response sooner? I need it until 15th of September. Do you think it does help?

Hello Everybody,

Any update on the visa status for those waiting for the decision?

I applied on March 24 and in treatment from April 27th..

Does anybody have an update on their visa application? I'm in my 6th month after application and no news yet.

@Deep Basu

Mine also got the update in dofi jun 27th. Still am waiting. Did you got any update for your application

Hello All,

My visa application is approved. Timeline as follows:

Date of Application- 11 Feb 2022

Date of Registration at immigration office- 18 March 2022

Additional documents required- 15 July 2022

Additional documents submitted- 10 August 2022

Decision- accord on 5 Sept

Awaiting passport

Hope this helps! All the best

Hello All,

I applied for family reunification visa on April 11th,My file was registered in Belgium Immigration on May 19th. The status on Dofi is "Processing".

No update till now.

@shreewiz7 May I know what was the additional document that was asked.

@gantasravan14

no update even on dofi website. Applied on 10th June. Embassy in Delhi said they have submitted my file to Ministry of Home Affairs in BE and whenever there is a decision they will let me know. When did you apply?

@Deep Basu ,

it takes long now a day, I applied 7 April, it appears 29 August

**Update

My wife has just got her visa. Please find our timeline below

- Date of application: 4 March 2022

- Date of registration by immigration office: 1 April 2022

- Additional documents request on 29 July.

- Submitted the document on 05 August

- Decision: accord on 5 Sept

- Picked up passport on 13 Sept

Good luck to everyone!

@Tanvirul Hoque you mean it appeared on the dofi website in August whereas you applied in April?

Applied: March 24/2022

Update: Sept 14

I recieved a message from the Visa office in Belgium: En attente de la réception de documents étayant la demande de visa envoyés par valise diplomatique par le poste diplomatique/consulaire.'' --> waiting for additional documents from diplomatic consulare, which in our case is Mumbai. I have not recieved any mail from the Mumbai embassy yet for additionall documents.

@Loc Tan Nguyen  what additional documents must be submitted?

@raulrathod did you receive email regarding the additional documents or on the dofi website?

@arsu sahoo Not yet.. still waiting.

@Deep Basu hi.. did you get your visa yet?

@Tanvirul Hoque did you get the approval yet?

@snehaharithas122 hi... Did you get the visa yet?

Update: I received a mail letter to my Belgium address on 23/09 asking for additional documents. I have a new job during the visa processing and therefore asked for documents related to the new changes. I have submitted the documents. Waiting for their reply now.

@Deep Basu hi... Did you get any updates till now?

@Tanvirul Hoque you mean it appeared on the dofi website in August whereas you applied in April?
-@Deep Basu

Yes

@Tanvirul Hoque did you get the approval yet?
-@arsu sahoo

No. 1f625.svg1f625.svg