Golden Residence Visa - Is it worth it

The insurance initially requires for a year or from the on set, it needs to be for 10 years.?

The insurance initially requires for a year or from the on set, it needs to be for 10 years.?
-@imqu

1 year.

1 year at issuance or renewal.  That's all I have ever provided.

Do we need to buy 10 years policy for applying or the one year will be sufficient for application purpose.?

As mentioned, one year is fine.  Besides no insurance company will give you a 10 year policy upfront - they will ask you to renew every year.........because they may want to increase premiums every year.........so the card will always show one year expiry.

Do we need to have a 10-year insurance for the application or one year will be sufficient?

Read above - I already answered.

Do we need health insurance of 10 years for the application or a contract of a smaller duration (like one year) may also be sufficient?

I am not sure what the confusion is.   It has already been answered above - you need only one year.

Do we need 10 years' insurance for the application or just a year of the contract will be sufficient?

Hmm I am not sure if you are being a troll or genuinely cannot understand?

YOU NEED ONE YEAR OF INSURANCE for the application. 

@XTang I am so sorry, actually, I had the post open, and each time I refreshed I couldn't see it. I just realized it was due to it being posted on page 3 of the thread and I had page 2 opened. Apologies again to everyone for my ignorance.

Sure, it happens.  Good luck :).

I have received my golden visa retiree , here is my question how do they calculate the 90 day stay rule,

obviously the period starts when the visa was issued and then they collect the dates every time u cross the causeway i.e.how many days you were in ? Thanx

No one is clear how and which way they will calculate.  But as far as the system is concerned, yes, it shows all your entries and exits.

Thank you , appreciate it  - do I need a visa stamp in my passport or will the cpr be fine futurewise ?

For the issue of the CPR I need an EWA bill on my name on top of the golden Visa right ?

You don't need stamp - they have finished that.  It's a digital permit now.

Yes EWA bill or municipality letter based on a rental agreement.

Hi

can  we sponsor the below  Golden visa as dependents

1. parents
  2. In laws
  3. daughters who are married .

I tried to get the answers from NPRA, however did not get response .

This has nothing to do with Golden visa.  Some of these are standard visas as per NPRA process.

See these links:

Parents

https://www.npra.gov.bh/en/services/vis … residents/

Older children

https://www.npra.gov.bh/en/services/vis … years-old/

@shoukath1 Not really . The LMRA work permit still valid and you are under the employment of the company and all your benefits stay other than your residency status

I would like to hear from members that have applied or are applying to the Golden Visa as a non-resident, and are currently employed in KSA.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi,

Golden visa holder should continue to his and family visa renewal in LMRA or not ?

Earlier lmra visa is cancelled in passport but not cancelled in LMRA system ? required to cancel in lmra system or renewal is required LMRA visa for golden visa holder.

Thanks

I explained this in detail on a different thread.

If you have a work visa, your company provides you with work permit (through LMRA) and residence visa by acting as your sponsor (through immigration). For most people on such visas, it is easy to confuse the distinction between work permit and residence.

On Golden visa, you, yourself are your sponsor, That is why your name appears in the sponsor field.  However, if you want to work on the Golden visa, you will STILL need a separate work permit from LMRA which your employer will apply for, using the normal process.  If you have a golden visa based on the basis of your salary then your record WILL appear in LMRA as you have a valid work permit and are working for an employer. However, if they cancel that work permit, you don't have to leave the country as you have a residence visa separate from it (Golden visa).

Also, in the above case, the renewal above is for the work permit - if you want to continue to work here.

Hope it's clear now?

Yes clear now. Thanks a lot.

is it required to renew work permit with LMRA or not required ? my earlier visa with LMRA came for renewal now. if employer renew the meaning is 2 visa for same person right ?

family also having golden visa then what about for them required to renew dependent visa with LMRA or not required. 

Again as I said, if you are working, employer needs to renew work permit. That is all.

Thank you..

Hi XTang,

For Golden visa holders in Bahrain, when LMRA permit expires, is the same permit gets renewed or existing LMRA permit is canceled and company / employer applies for a new LMRA permit to be issued that shows status as self sponsored?

I clarified above - see post #103.

Nothing needs to be done as nothing changes at LMRA end re: work permit.

Hi

Please clarify,

1.If my employer cancel my work permit, will i able to continue in bahrain with GV for 10 years or need to get a job immediately for work permit.

2.if i take a job with low salary, any issues for 10 years for GV?

3. Possible to continue 10 years with GV without any job or work permit.?

4.will i able to start a business in my name. Required to have investor visa ? Or i can do business only with GV.

Thank you,

As far as I know:

1) Continue for 10 years but the visa won't be renewed

2) No.  Only at renewal time

3) As above

4) Yes you need investor visa.  As investor visa is another type of work permit

Thanks a lot

@AdHer I applied for a Golden Visa on 20 August and got the approval on 23 August.

work in Saudi and have been in Bahrain for just 5 years. I have had a paper CPR and a 5 year visa (as Irish) for the 5 years.

Met all the requirements to get the visa but still pleased to have it. Going to do all the procedures to get the proper CPR card next week.

Congrats. You did the retiree route right?   I mean 4000 BD salary outside Bahrain.

@XTang not the retiree route - a while off that yet. Just submitted proof of earnings and a copy of my passport and got approval 😁

it was the having lived in Bahrain for 5 years and earn over BD2,000 option.

looking forward to finally being able to use the e-services which don't work with the paper CPR. Also means if my wife stops working no problem getting her a visa (no more 90 day visa runs)

Great. I meant retiree as that is how they have defined it ie someone who earns more than x amount outside of Bahrain (ie the salary is not registered in Bahrain gosi).

Hello,

Just wanted to know if there is a case where an employee working & living in KSA managed to get Bahrain Golden visa as a retiree.

One of the required docs to submit a retiree certificate, can this be replaced with HR employment letter?

Thanks in advanced

KZ

@JonMc that's excellent news. Congratulations!

Hello,
Just wanted to know if there is a case where an employee working & living in KSA managed to get Bahrain Golden visa as a retiree.
One of the required docs to submit a retiree certificate, can this be replaced with HR employment letter?

Thanks in advanced
KZ

-@KZ2023

Yes some people have posted their success on the threads in this forum. Use search.

@KZ2023 I used HR employment letter that also included my earnings (ie to prove over BD2,000 per month)

@JonMc Thanks for the update, the salary threshold for retiree GV is 4000 BD, isn't it?

Your golden visa got approved?

Ahh sorry, just see above that you got your visa, my bad

Thanks again