Unlimited single permit processing time - 2021&2022

Hello Bel_expat,

I also applied for it and got annexe 46. It is unlimited work permit with Residence approval of 1 year and every year residence approval need to be renewed from the local commune.

Regards
Jay

- @jay.vaishnav52

What is the scenario of getting an unlimited work permit after 1 year? I don't see that in the website
You'll never ever have an unlimited work permit after 1 year with an A card.
The law states: 4 years of stay with that type of resident permit.
@AlexFromBelgium :

The alternate is to apply for a professional card. It gives option to change contract. Most people want to change employment contract as they get better salary. Also, I think there is an option to work as an employee with a professional card (one needs to check complexity in this option.).

The professional card can be applied on very first year of arrival. In fact, one can arrive on professional card from Non-EU countries instead of a work permit.
In that case, you've receive your prof card in order to open a company in Belgium and become a freelance.

If you don't have an unlimited work permit, any employer in Belgium that want to hire you will need to request your work permit to work as an employee...
But if you're a freelance, any company can hire you too.

@jay.vaishnav52 Hello, what is the exact conditions for renewal of RP ?

I am applying for the indefinite single permit in Flanders. Me and my family already have a residence permit valid till Aug 2025. As I see, I will be provided a new residence card valid for 1 year after approval of my indefinite single permit. Do I need to apply for issuing new ID card with same validity for my family as well? Or can they continue with their existing single permit that is still valid?

Does this whole process have impact on work status of the spouse working on the dependent work authorization?

@patiltush  Tushar patil Kaisa h re tu

Is unlimited WP approved in Flamish region also valid to work in other regions Brussels and Walonia ? Or you need to aks another WP from respective region where the new company is ? Thx

@patiltush Is unlimited WP approved in Flamish region also valid to work in other regions Brussels and Walonia ? Or you need to aks another WP from respective region where the new company is ? Thx

@eveme111 it is valid throughout Belgium

@Viswesh thanks for your reply Viswesh, i wish its so, but are you sure about that? Any practical experience, i read somewhere that its only valid for a particular regional, also every region has different conditions to grant unlimited wp, exp walon 2yrs, Brussels 3yrs, Flamish need 4yr of min stay to be eligible for unlimited wp. Thx

@eveme111 Yes, I am sure that this work permit applies all over the Belgium. Regarding the criteria, basically it uniform all over Belgium and the number of years before which based on additional criteria like your nationality, whether you have dependant spouse etc. You can find these criteria in the below website:

https://economy-employment.brussels/sin … -unlimited

@reddit-some Im good.

dears, could someone suggest if I can apply for a secondary professional card and unlimited work permit both at once ?

Dears, Could someone please suggest if I can apply for unlmited work permit and secondary professional card in parallel ?

Is expat employment  period during which social security was not being paid in Be, considered in unlimited work-permit tenure needed ? If yes, do you need to submit any additional documents for that term?

Hi,

My husband has been working as a Nurse in Flanders for over 3 years but we live in Brussels. Information on the https://economy-employment.brussels/sin … -unlimited website shows us that he qualifies for unlimited work permit. He started the application yesterday in the link https://single-permit.prd.pub.socialsecurity.be/#/form which we found on the Brussels economy website. We have these questions

1) The form asks us to select one of these two categories

a) Application for admission to work for an indefinite period and for all paid occupations (RD 9/6/1999, art. 16)

b) Application for admission to work for an indefinite period of time for a foreign employee, long-term resident in another UE state, after an effective employment of more than 12 months in a shortage profession (RD 9/6/1999 art. 2.35)

Which one should a nurse in his situation choose?

2) We live in Brussels but he work in Flanders. Should his unlimited work permit application be made in the https://single-permit.prd.pub.socialsecurity.be/#/form portal which we found on the Brussels economy website or is there another portal for Flanders?

You will choose option (a)

You will do the application from mentioned link.

After application completed, application will be forwarded automatically to related region (where you are living in)

You can check your application from the website.

I am waiting almost for a month for same type of permit.

@maharaji1984 thanks!

Application has been sent. I will let you know what happens later.

@Bel_expat hello, hope you are doing well. I need your advice. Did you applied for unlimited single permit before 3years period?

I'm currently holding my 3years single permit which need to be renewed in September. So, in July (2months before September) my employer will ask Brussels economy to renew it. But I'm thinking now, after seeing your post, should I apply for a unlimited single permit In July (2 years 10 months residence) instead of renewed by my employer! Because anyways, in September I'll have my 3years with single permit! Then I can surely go for unlimited one. But I just want to avoid that renew thing if i can have a better one. Please give me your opinion, that will help me take my decision! Thanks in advance.

@himalay42 for Brussels region it is as below,

If your spouse, your registered partner or your children are lawfully residing with you, :

you need to justify three years of employment covered by a single permit or a work permit, over a period of ten years of lawful and uninterrupted residence in Belgium immediately preceding the application.

In all other cases  :

you need to justify four years of employment covered by a single permit or a work permit, over a period of ten years of lawful and uninterrupted residence in Belgium immediately preceding the application.

so at the time of application you need to show that you have completed the stipulated amount of time.

https://economy-employment.brussels/sin … -unlimited

Thanks for all the contribution in this group. It has been very helpful. I will provide the recent timeline for my application as it might be helpful.

Region: Brussels

Application date: January 5, 2023

Acknowledgement of receivability and completeness: January 16, 2023

WP approval: January 25, 2023

Annex 46: March 22, 2023

While I applied , it was through email, portal was not available at that moment. I had almost 4 years of work permit before my application.

Good luck for all the applicants.

@fabowuapp hi, is there any changes on your application status?

Thanks for all the contribution in this group. It has been very helpful. I will provide the recent timeline for my application as it might be helpful.
Region: Brussels
Application date: January 5, 2023
Acknowledgement of receivability and completeness: January 16, 2023
WP approval: January 25, 2023
Annex 46: March 22, 2023

While I applied , it was through email, portal was not available at that moment. I had almost 4 years of work permit before my application.

Good luck for all the applicants.
-@Viswesh

What is the validity of residence card with unlimited permit?

@hssn601 It is 1 year until you reach 5 years of residence in Belgium, then you can get card b or d (pr)

@Viswesh when you applied, have you had a work contract with any employer or you did it after you get your unlimited work permit?

@maharaji1984 yes, I had a work contract during my application

as i am already working and my work contract is linked my current A card , thus i have added my bank account as my warranty deposit regarding to this :

3. Employment contract

If there is no employment contract: proof of other income.

It has been 5 weeks since i send the documents and status is still handling by region.

@maharaji1984 If you have contract, contract + last few payslips should be sufficient in your case. The processing time depends on competent region, wallonie and Brussels are faster for WP approval than flanders

@arjunprasad2143 many thanks for the info but my question is bit different! According to my family situation I'm eligible to apply after 3years. So, my 3rd years is running currently, which will finish at September. Now I saw in other post, @Bel_expat, applied for it in 2years 10months of actual stay, so I'm thinking that maybe I can apply for a unlimited single permit instead of renewing my current single permit in july. Only hesitation is that, my actual 3years will finish at September! I'm just trying to avoid the renewal process here but not fully sure if they will accept it or not!

@himalay42 There are people of certain countries who can get it after 2 years or 3 years. They can apply for it after they reach the time limit.

The official page says "If your spouse, your registered partner or your children are lawfully residing with you, :

you need to justify three years of employment covered by a single permit or a work permit, over a period of ten years of lawful and uninterrupted residence in Belgium immediately preceding the application."

So 3 years should be complete before you apply for it. This is what I understand. It might be best to check with your commune for their official version.

@hssn601 It is 1 year until you reach 5 years of residence in Belgium, then you can get card b or d (pr)
-@Viswesh

I got my single permit unlimited approved and when i visited the town hall to change my A card from limited -> unlimited the lady said the new card will be valid for 3 years. I will get it in coming weeks lets see how long it will be valid.

@hssn601 please could you let us know from which region did you applied?

Edit: i guess Antwerpen. PM sent. Can you check your inbox please?

@hssn601 u don't need to wait till the card arrives, you will have the date in your annex 46 received. Basically, commune will just follow the instructions from the ministry.

@hssn601 thats what I though today what @viswesh said.

Can you check and let us know is annex 46 valid for a year or 3?

Here is my update.

Apply: August 2022

Work permit approval: September 2022

Then no update until i asked immigration department in january 2022 and they replied that my residence permit was already approved in November 2022.

Filled a form via antwerpen . be in January 2023 and in got a reply on March 2023 for appointment with town hall in april 12 2023.

I never received annex 46, but i think it was directly sent to commune.

Here is my update.
Apply: August 2022
Work permit approval: September 2022

Then no update until i asked immigration department in january 2022 and they replied that my residence permit was already approved in November 2022.

Filled a form via antwerpen . be in January 2023 and in got a reply on March 2023 for appointment with town hall in april 12 2023.

I never received annex 46, but i think it was directly sent to commune.
-@hssn601

Residence card received today valid for 3 years starting from work permit approval date.

@maharaji1984

Hello,

My husband received the unlimited work permit today. On the letter, they have stated that the approval has been sent to immigration. He is waiting for the decision from immigration. Currently, I am not sure which card (B or D) he will get. Since he has received unlimited work permit now, I hope it is no longer card A.

Thanks for your help

@fabowuapp I'm in same situation too. My file also forwarded to immigration office since 02.05.

When you checked the status what it's saying there?

But be sure that the card will be given is type A

@maharaji1984

The status now is "Positive Decision Work".

For the type of card, do you still get type A even if you have lived in Belgium for over 5 years legally? For the first 1.5 years, he learnt Dutch as he did equivalence of his certificates in order to practice nursing in Belgium. He started working about 3.5 years ago.