Moving to Riyadh

Hi, I am planning to move to Riyadh with a salary of SAR 35000.

1. How much can I save? I live like a typical Indian middle class person and would not be spending too much on any thing.  I will be staying with my wife and just-born baby. I will not drive.
2. I would like to be surrounded by Indians. Hence please suggest me some good Indian localities to stay.
3. Can we find any south Indian restaurants.
4. How is the work culture in general.  My job is in a local bank.
5. How easy will it be to shift jobs.

I will not comment on 1 and 2 as you can find many threads on the forum talking about costs.   Basically, you can save a lot if you don't live in a compound.

3) There are many all over the place
4) Simply, the work culture would be more professional than the sub-continent and less professional than UAE/West
5) Changing jobs in Saudi is not easy with many issues related to Iqama transfers etc.  On top, banking is heavily Saudized with very few expats

Again, I suggest you browse the threads in the forum.

Hi
You will find living in Riyadh very comfortable however renting a villa can be costly. I was a teacher there and now I am in Jeddah. There are lots of Indian restaurants.. And smaller shops that sell  curries etc in Um Al hamam am area., Prince nawaf Street. U will  enjoy living in Riyadh....

Hello,

I'm am from India and also looking for accommodation in Riyadh. Please help me to find place