Breaking News: Covid19 Vaccination Card Needed to Enter Public Places

are the number of covid cases  in Las Terrenass are going up or steady ?

hi
does the  COVID cases are going up or any new variant in Las Terrenas?

the website is 

eticket dot migracion dot gob dot do  (someone has to approve it so its not currently showing)

yes fill it out before you go to the airport in Canada and before you depart, same website.  Just specify if your entering the country or leaving.

Here's the link to the eTicket. It has to be completed prior to your flight to DR, and then again when you leave. This is one of the ways that they are tracking how long you are in the country.

eTicket

Let's try to keep this thread on topic - the requirement of showing vaccine cards in public places in DR. There are other threads addressing entry requirements and the current COVID situation.

PCR test 5500 pesos at the international clinic in las Terenas .
For going back to Canada you need to do your ArriveCan with proof of double Vaccin.
Do you return eTicket where you can have fast internet.no good internet at the Airport.
https://eticket.migracion.gob.do/

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualidad/ … KC29907739

Update to confirm the latest of various legal challenges agsinst the presentation of vaccination cards has failed.

are the number of covid cases  in Las Terrenas A are going up or steady ?

How much you pay for PCR IN Dominican Las terrenas?
Thanks

@Freeperson - This thread is to discuss the requirements of showing vaccines cards here in the DR. Please stop taking this off-topic. There is already a thread that discusses the current COVID situation in the country, and others that discuss the requirements of other countries when leaving the DR.

Your questions have already been asked and answered. Please scroll up the thread to see the price of a PCR test in Las Terrenas.

......Fully vaccinated means 3 shots from 31st January in DR.......

As of January 31, they will require a vaccination card with a third dose in the DR

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualidad/ … is/1555735

The Ministry of Public Health established this Monday, through resolution  000069, that as of January 31, 2022, the vaccination card against COVID -19 with three doses will be required. 

"It is established that, as of January 31, 2022, people over 18 years of age must present their vaccination card or certificate in the same terms of the third article of resolution No. 000048 of October 8, 2021 of the MISPAS, but with evidence of having completed the main vaccination schedule of three doses of the vaccine against COVID -19 " , indicates the resolution .

The document also indicates that people who, after the indicated date, have not completed the main vaccination schedule, must present a negative PCR test no more than seven days after it has been carried out........

This is a joke. Unless they plan to actually enforce this it's just a waste of time and energy.  All the illusion of doing something!

Exactly, last big push there wasn't any vaccine to be found!  Do they even have any left in the country?

There is no shortage of vaccine.

Just a shortage of voluntary arms.

and how do you know this?

What a joke

There seem to be plenty of vaccines available here in Las Terrenas! I know many folks who have gone in for their third shots in the last week or so. No reports of vaccine sites being closed or out of injections.

DR had been supplied with close to 22m doses from records reported by the DP. They donated about 1m to other nations. They have vaccinated 14.2m doses to date. We dont know if any of the balance of orders from Pfizer (10m) or AZ (10m) have been delivered but based on available information there are enough shots to give the current single and double shot persons with a third shot - about 5.5m more. And probaly enough for the few who now qualify for a 4th shot.

It isnt going to happen in anywhere like enough numbers. The MOH has failed dismally on getting enough people vaccinated. Only 53% of adult population.

The vaccination of children of 4 up starts next year with lower dose vaccines too which are yet to be delivered.

This can only be a policy to try and motivate more people to get boosted. And it has come too late. Omicron is here and spreading rapidly.

The policy is their attempt to appear they are doing something!   It fails miserably.

Three doses is becoming the norm for being fully vaccinated in many places now. But can you expect they can get another 600k with the third dose by the end of January and that would make just 2 million free to enter government buildings, banks, etc? I think not so it is an unrealistic date.

Now they could all of a sudden start enforcing strictly entry to all public places with vaccination card or PCR test. But again doubtful.

They are not enforcing anything at all.  Who are we kidding.

This is all done to create the illusion something is being done while we accept anyone and everyone here with or without testing, with or without vaccinations!

https://scontent-mia3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/269927603_286000490232328_5051382584739778356_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=WvLxXNIrRZQAX_TYB2g&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=00_AT_FlVl6mPWg0mB7jWCoUthCMq2y1NlcZYr5gp4jRxZ1NA&oe=61D2860D

The digital version is apparently valid for foreign travel.

I used it to enter the USA on Nov 17 & Dec 17.... it was added to my profile on United Airlines - stored for future use

Did they automatically add the booster to the QR code information?

You give name and cedula only so I presume they have all the information digitally even if different clinics are used.

I wonder what happens to people that have got more vaccinations than is currently permitted in DR - those that got 2 Sinovac then went for 2 Pfizer?

Government is ramping up the three vaccine requirement with this resolution requiring all public employees to be triple vaccinated or have weekly PCR tests:

Public employees must present a card with three doses of vaccine against COVID-19

In case they have not received at least all three doses, they will have to present PCR tests every week

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualidad/ … se/1560017

The Ministry of Public Administration ordered that the State servants must present a copy of their vaccination card with at least three doses against COVID-19 in order to enter their jobs.

Through Circular No. 0036969, dated December 29, indicates that the measure is effective as of January 31 , 2022 , when, in addition, they must deposit a copy of the document in the Human Resources Department of the institution to which they belong.

Stresses that in case you have not received at least three doses, the servers public must present HR every Monday, first thing, so recurrent and before taking his position, a copy of the negative test result PCR performed on the previous Saturday or Sunday. This provision will cease to be applicable 14 days after the employee receives his third dose.

In the event that for medical reasons the collaborator cannot receive the puncture, they must present a special permit issued by the Ministry of Public Health. 

Likewise, the use of a mask , frequent hand washing and respect for physical distancing are maintained.

In the visitor reception and customer service spaces, the institutions may only receive people up to 75% of their total capacity.

"To the servers public that I refuse to respect the provisions and protocols established by resolutions and existing circulars, will be subject to application of appropriate sanctions according to the gradation of offenses established in the disciplinary regime provided for in Article 81 et seq of Law 41-08 of Public Function ”, warns the entity in a document that was published on its official website.

Just another set of rules to be ignored.  Once again they are chasing the problem and frankly few care.

DR has loads of vaccines in store and has to be careful that the Pfizer doses do not reach their use by date - see article below.

Sinovac will be used to vaccinate children starting next month.

Still very low uptake of booster shot and the total population vaccinated remains in the low 50s%.

Plan Nacional de Vacunación
Acumulados al 24 de Enero de 2022
6,980,938 Primera dosis
5,763,319 Segunda dosis (52.61% of total population according to Our World in Data)
1,721,998 Dosis refuerzo (c 15.8% of total population)
14,486,398 Total dosis aplicadas

Health Ministry have millions of covid-19 vaccines

https://www.elcaribe.com.do/destacado/a … -covid-19/

The Minister of Public Health, Daniel Rivera, stated that he has 15 million doses of coronavirus vaccines in stock to apply to the population and reported that the scheme for children between the ages of 5 and 11 will be two doses of Sinovac.

“Currently we have no problem with 15 million vaccines. Not expired, no. Those that were bought at the beginning have not expired. When you buy, there is the delivery item and Pfizer is very careful. And we currently have 8.7 million from Pfizer and the rest are from Sinovac, so, the coverage of now, now, we have received 25,790,000”, he referred to the interviewee on the Despierta CDN program, in a program recorded last Thursday.

However, at present, the amount available would be eleven million 310 thousand 253, if it is taken as a reference that the Dominican Republic has received 25 million 790 thousand doses of drugs contracted by the State, as expressed by Minister Rivera, and the data from the portal VacúnateRD, as of January 23 of this year, which shows that 14 million 479 thousand 747 doses of Sinovac, Pfizer and Astrazeneca have been applied, the latter in very few cases.

The eleven million that are currently in the country are not the only reserve that the State has.

It still has to receive 10.1 million doses to complete the 35.9 that it contracted with the various pharmaceutical houses and the Covax system, which, according to the schedule of the purchase contract, are delivered in batches.

We recommend you read:  More than 4 million still do not get the third dose
Children will have two doses

The Minister of Health explained that the vaccination scheme against covid-19 that will govern minors, which from February can be applied with the written consent of parents or guardians, will be made up of two doses of vaccines of the Sinovac.

“Let's start with what? with Sinovac. There are 18 countries that are currently vaccinating from Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Ecuador, not to mention China, where 300 million have been vaccinated. Those 18 countries are currently vaccinating with the attenuated virus, which is Sinovac. That is the vaccine that has always been given to children with an excellent recovery”, described Rivera when describing that in the country two doses of 0.5 were applied with 28 days in between.

He described that they have to have the purchase authorization of the National Congress for the acquisition of Pfizer doses for children because it is a different presentation than the one currently being applied in adults.

“We have to exhaust the process of Pfizer for children that comes in a different presentation that we have to have the purchase consent of Congress because we are not in a state of emergency. However, we have enough Sinovac vaccines to be able to vaccinate everyone. And at exactly 28 days they can be vaccinated again with a single 0.5” dose,” he noted.

To carry out the vaccination of minors, it will be necessary to issue a resolution and convince parents, as well as teachers, who would be the best allies of the Ministry of Health to inoculate as many as possible. “Today we also had to convince educators because where is the best place to vaccinate children? In the schools. We need to have the participation of teachers in order to have the ideal scenario to vaccinate children. How? With an informed consent that the father or guardian agrees. The vaccine is given, it is within its habitat and in this way we guarantee an excellent recovery of children”, he argued................

I understand some people had alot of bad reaction to the sinovac, I hope this does not happen to children.  And if you got covid, they wont give you the booster shot (the 3rd vaccine), they are telling people to wait 6-9 months since you recovered from Covid).  CDC says its alot more protection to get the booster even if you already got covid.  Get it after 4 weeks of having covid.  And if you had your first 2 shots a year ago, you really need that booster to build up your immunity.   But the information is not available to everyone, even the people that administer the vaccines.  So it seems like that here.

I had my  3rd shot  3months after my second. I am due to  receive the 4th the first week in Feb and you can bet I will be  getting it!

It would be April for me to be elegible for a 4th shot so plenty of time to see how Omicron/covid19 develops and for more studies on the value of a 4th shot.

I would again want to opt for Sinovac (shelf life of 2 years) which has done me and others well so far with zero side effects, and being a whole virus vaccine my guess is that a 4th shot will be needed for long term immunity for this type of vaccine, after all both similar polio and whooping cough whole vaccines require a 4th shot.

I do think with mRNA vaccines one perhaps should wait (unless with a weak immune system) for the likes of the CDC to conclude on the safety from further studies or perhaps wait for the Pfizer Omicron specific vaccine now being tested and likely available in the Spring.

Shelf life of the Pfizer vaccine (9months) is going to be an issue for DR and they would need to go back to Congress to get approval for more purchases which would have been the case with the child Pfizer vaccine for which they decided against.

lennoxnev wrote:

Did they automatically add the booster to the QR code information?

You give name and cedula only so I presume they have all the information digitally even if different clinics are used.

I wonder what happens to people that have got more vaccinations than is currently permitted in DR - those that got 2 Sinovac then went for 2 Pfizer?

Next week I wil go to get my 4th.   Its been already 6 months and 1 week after my 3rd dose,  I will travel in April so want to have a recent dose.

Public health has a table where states if you got 2 Sinovac and 1 Pfizer you can pickup for the 4th 1 Pfizer or 1 Sinovac.  If is Visevers can do the same.

KarinyCarlos wrote:

I understand some people had alot of bad reaction to the sinovac

Two major Chinese vaccines are in use here and have literally been given by the millions. The only reported side effects are feeling a bit grim for a few days, but that is mostly restricted to the second dose. I felt absolutely crap for a couple of days after my second jab.

The only reports of deaths and serious illness comes from an anti-Chinese political rag called the Epoch times. They claim to have leaked reports from China but you can't believe them because the press didn't pick up on a great story and, most importantly, they have a dog in the race.

However, I don't read everything so, if you have reports from serious medical journals, feel free to post them.

I have heard of zero serious side effects with vaccines available here.  All vaccines give some people a reaction. I reacted to all 3 of mine but nothing even close to the flu I had!

We are all different but feeling abit off or even ill for a few days is still worth the risk of ending up in an icu and dying.   I have been flying back and forth now 10 times in the last year (since  January 2021) with 2 vaccines and now the 3rd one in December, and I never got sick but I always wear 2 masks, and i dont eat in the airplane or in the airport, and always wash hands before you take off your mask or right after. You cant do the social distance in these circumstances.  But it is possible to keep safe and not get sick.  Could be luck but I rather say its the science.

All about science but always good to have a little luck on your side honey!   :)

Be aware, it could affect entry into government buidings and some other places and mass transit such as the Metro in Santo Domingo.....

Health insists on the card requirement

https://www.elcaribe.com.do/panorama/pa … e-tarjeta/

Public Health maintains the position of beginning to restrict access to public spaces and collective transport to those who do not have the third dose of the covid-19 vaccine starting next Monday..........

Despite low levels of the population having a third shot......

Plan Nacional de Vacunación
Acumulados al 28 de Enero de 2022
6,994,292 Primera dosis
5,785,462 Segunda dosis
1,871,608 Dosis refuerzo

Highest third dose vaccination levels are in La Altagracia with about 28% which would probabaly be due to hotel sector staff.

Let's see if it's enforced.

planner wrote:

Let's see if it's enforced.

The only place we had to show was the CEPM branch in Friusa. They won't even open the door if you don't show a card. The Jumbo store in Punta Cana didn't ask patrons entering the store through the Downtown Mall entrance but third party security DID ask to see cards when entering from the outside entrance by the parking.

Inspectors are apparently more organized and in greater numbers this time with uniforms as picture:

https://d2fzi53ct7ira4.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/chalecos-728x410.webp

Booster Dose
Covid-19 inspectors are already equipped to go to the streets

https://noticiassin.com/pais/inspectore … es-1224062

Three days before the requirement of the vaccination card with three doses, the Ministry of Health began this Friday the distribution of vests for the thousands of health inspectors of the Traffic Accident Morbidity Reduction Program and coordinators COVID-19, which from Monday will be in charge of reviewing the proof of inoculation in public transport and entry to public places.

With these vests, the health inspectors will be identified when requesting the vaccination card with three doses next Monday.

The supervisors of the Traffic Accident Morbidity Reduction Program and coordinators will be in charge of requesting certification from public transport users nationwide.

On your side, COVID coordinators will be in business establishments, restaurants, airports, and other locations.

I remain doubtful of enforcement except some government buildings and a few businesses in the capital. If you have to go for residency/cedula documents you will need the third dose for example.

We had to show vaccine cards at IKEA, but not at La Sirena or any of the other places we went in Santo Domingo.