E-ticket website glitch

The E-ticket website is not working properly. It won't let you input flight dates for after the 1st of the year. Is this happening to anyone else?

From a website:

How early can I fill out e-ticket for Dominican Republic?

72 hours

How many days in advance should I fill out the form? The form can be filled out since 72 hours before arrival to Dominican Republic, until right before going through immigration.

My guess is you're filling it out too early...try within 72 hrs of the trip

@bryankieronlynch Weird. No that didn't happen yesterday for myself and my wife as we are leaving in November, but I wasn't able to complete form by indicating traveling with someone else.  After indicating 2 people it wanted details for a 3rd person. So I completed as 2 singles with no problems.

I have heard of several issues with the e-ticket system.  People almost missing flights because the site was down.

I travel frequently - never a problem

When you go into the system (within 72 hours of your departure), you add ONLY the additional people flying with you. In other words, if there are a total of 2 people traveling, you only put down there is 1 person because you are already counted in that process. Don't put 2 people - this is the reason you get the "3rd person" information requirement. And you want to be sure you have "llegada" checked, for the arrival flight into the DR. Once you've completed the form, print it, and take a photo of it. Be sure to "save as a PDF" before closing out of the system. Then go right back into again and complete the form for the return, ensuring that you have "salida" checked. Again, save as a PDF, print it, and I suggest taking a photo of the QR code. We just got back last week. Nobody asked to see the QR code in either direction but from what I understand, it's because they can see it in the system already. It's actually a very easy process. 

Make sure you fill it out before reaching the airport , cause the internet is a hit and miss at the airport and they won't let you through without it  , I see a lot of people sweating  it out with the one computer across from the entrance to go through customs

earlier you can fill it is 72 hrs before your flight, I prefer to do it 48 hrs before.  The only problem I have found with the e-ticket its when traveling more than one person part of the same family, if you chose 2 persons when finish the system ask you for the 3rd person, so better to do it individual always.

@colmcb thank you. Luckily managed to arrive in DR without any issues with E Ticket.

I always complete it at home 48-72 hours before my flight. I save the PDF, save the QR code, email the PDF to myself, WhatsApp the PDF and QR code to my husband (so it will be in the sent items of my WhatsApp as well as on his phone). It might be overkill, but only takes a second and makes sure I'm covered if I show up at the airport and there is no wifi service!

Hi everyone.  I just saw this post pop up in my newsletter and I wondered if someone could take a moment to explain this to me and send me the link. I haven't traveled in the number of years and I plan to travel soon so I wondered what the new process is. I will be leaving and returning within a 2 week span.

Just arrived today, complete it about 48 hours before departing. Save a picture or in your wallet on an iPhone.

https://eticket.migracion.gob.do/

@lmclmf2009

Just remember to "save as PDF" and then print it/take a photo of the QR code. You probably won't need to show it to anyone as it should already be in the system, but better safe than sorry.

And, as a reminder - if there are 2 people traveling, only put ONE person when asked for the number of people traveling. That is actually asking how many additional people will be traveling with you. You don't count yourself since you are already completing the form - you'll see the area eventually, where you add your personal information as well as the information for the other person.

Once you've completed the form, saved as a PDF, taken a photo of the QR code, and printed it, go out of the system and then go back in and complete it for your return flight. You don't have to wait until 72 hours prior to that flight if you're traveling for a week or two. Just do them both the same day.

@lmclmf2009

Airlines check it when you checkin. Depends on airlines whether they check it again on return flight - Jetblue does. Punta Cana airport has not been scanning them on arrival anymore.

Delta checked it also

AA doesn't check it in either direction, at least out of MIA

AA doesn't check it in either direction, at least out of MIA
-@colmcb

I've had to have it for all my flights out of MIA with AA since the program started.

@ddmcghee - Yes, sorry for the confusion, we've had to have it for each flight but meant to say AA hasn't asked to see the printed copy we carry or scan the QR code. I always assume it's because it's already in the system. We still carry it anyway, just in case. Have they actually asked you for it Denise?

Yes  - on my last flight out of Miami in July, I had to show it.

Oh wow. Good to know. As I said, we haven't been asked on any of the flights in and out of MIA but you never know. That's why I always carry it with me. :-)

They just updated the system now where you can enter return trip as well. The airlines have been checking for the return trip where even Delta which had not previously for the most part.

My daughter & her family did it ....the R/T trick

Got 2 QR codes.....Entrada & Salida...... there's a prompt they said

Trip was Dec 18-28.......

I have heard of several issues with the e-ticket system. People almost missing flights because the site was down.
-@DominicanadaMike

Thats why I always do the process 72 hrs before my flight

@bryankieronlynch YES IM TRYING TO GET PAST THE MAIN PASSENGER SECTION AND IT KEEPS REDIRECTING ME BACK TO THE BEGINNING WHEN I FINISH FILLING IT OUT. WILL THEY STILL LET US DO IT MANUALLY ON THE AIRPLANE?

@Tee Price

No there not handing out the paper registrations anymore…..keep trying , in the states there'll help u fill it out at the gates , in the DR they won't let you into lounge areas past security without it

Just take it slow and fill in the form.  You can do both arrival and departure forms before you leave.  Much easier.  I think the first screen has a option at the bottom to check each one.  Don't get to the airports without it!!!

Yes..... there is a 'round trip ' option that does both entry & exit forms

Easy... my daughter did it at Christmas

Having problems with the municipality and section drop down menus.

going to San Pedro de Macoris and told to put in Juan Dolio but form says it's not an option. Help leaving in less than 72 hours!

Hello jdome2020,

Welcome to Expat.com1f601.svg

Were you able to find out what has to be done in such a situation?

I hope you were able to get catch your flight.

Cheers,

Cheryl

Expat.com team

@jdome2020: Are you staying at Airbnb? If so, just click on San Pedro de Macoris for the province and then click the same in the Municipality box. Nobody is going to check the exact address for the Airbnb. The form is for immigration.

I am Just wondering if anyone knows if you still need to fill out out the online immigration forms to fly back to Canada before you leave the Dominican Republic we had family visit and told us that they didn't fill out any forms before the arrived or left here to return to Canada   

To enter Canada.... I think not... no forms

To leave DR... Yes, the e-ticket

@colmcb very helpful information , my husband was getting frustrated cause was asking for 5 person and the remove button wasn't working.

I decide to google to figure out what he was doing it wrong and found your post …. Thank you

@Rigger

They won't let you to proceed to the gate without

an e-ticket  , make sure you fill it out the form in the hotel because

the internet could be spotty at the airport and the airport in PP only has one computer for people to use who show  up without the e-ticket

Try to save the code of your ticket application, I think it is 5 or 6 characters. Next trip click the option ""Crear desde un eTicket anterior" , fill in the code and your passportnumber and most of your info will be already filled in. It saves a lot of time.

after you fill it out make a PDF w/it ,   i also emailed myself a copy , and then take a picture that goes right to photos…..last time i showed the customs guy the e-ticket boarding pass by accident and it worked….

I've filled out the entire E-Ticket application however, the system continues to respond that my birthyear is not valid.  I didn't type my birth year ~ I selected it from their pulldown however it is still not being recognized.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Just a quick question....are you within the 72 hr timeframe of flying/arriving or departing? I mentioned before that it appeared correcting the smallest item wasn't possible until in that window of time, at keast for me.

Yesterday I had no problem. Maybe a refresh of the page helps. If you wrote down your application code you can try again without loosing all previous data.

Btw the 72 hours period seems to be gone, I am a week early now.