Breaking News: Covid19 Vaccination Card Needed to Enter Public Places

So, is that an apology from Lennox for his error in posting erroneous information?

Yes. A correction to an earlier post today which sadly works against those who would like the new requirement to end at 70% fully vaccinated.

I do openly correct myself on this forum if I knowingly have posted erraneously. Twice in this thread now.

I have no hidden agenda.

I use 'imo' a lot so one knows it is an opinion.

Wow.  So let's attack the person or persons who do their best to keep us all informed! 

Thanks Lennox I appreciate what you do!

Clarification

Only tourists arriving to go to resorts are exempt from showing vaccine cards or proof.

Any tourists off resort must comply like the rest of us!

So unfortunate.  That is really going to hurt their tourism as many rent airbnbs and require food items.  As long as they put something in place that will accept and acknowledge vaccine verifications from other countries, then that would be okay.  Just not sure how they could monitor the validity of every country coming in.  Fingers crossed that there is some more clarification soon.   Thank you for your updates.

I actually think it helps tourism. If you feel safer coming, then more will come! 

For those inconvenienced by the need to vaccinate and show a card, well, tough.   I think this helps

This was a response from Lennox:
DominicanadaMike wrote:
Looks like everyone is vaccinated (12million), last I check there are only 10,797,764.

Really. 'Boots on the ground' talk?

Read the covid19 thread for real facts on vaccination status.

I'm sorry but I couldn't help but receive this as an attack on my observation/opinion. 

Let's be sure who is the attacker and who is the victim before you accuse the wrong people.  Especially since you are a participant Planner...

GOOD GRIEF we need to talk about who is attacking who? Seriously. 

Lennox provides us a lot of information and updates. he  made an error and corrected it.

And this is what is the issue. Get over yourself.

I am not disagreeing with vaccine cards, but this one shown is only if you get vaccinated in the DR.  Just suggesting that they ensure to take visitors' proof of vaccines into consideration so that they too can also buy groceries while visiting the DR.

They are!

modaisky1971 you should not be concerned since you are fully vacinated and will be living in Las Terrenas where many of the businesses are foreigner owned. One of the main supermarkets Lindo sure is. And when I was there is was best to buy fruit and veg at the stalls along the streets.

If I see any expat 'back home vaccinated' related information in the press or on government websites, and I will specifically look for such now, I will post ( unless there is a consensus not to do so as at least one poster is trying to do). One  could alays send a message the Ministerio de Salud Publica Foro but it isn't much used.

Some of the news articles from today's Domincan press:

There can be no privileges

https://listindiario.com/editorial/2021 … rivilegios

Covid is fought in the territory and that is the reason why most countries require vaccination cards or PCR tests for foreigners who wish to enter them.

Here, paradoxically, that rule does not apply, which is a factor that weakens the internal fight against community transmission by neglecting the aspect of imported contagion that can come from foreigners, whether or not they are tourists, exempt from control.

Now that a cycle of restrictions is approaching to prevent all people over 12 years of age without being vaccinated from entering closed public or private centers, it is inconceivable that tourists who come here are excluded from that provision.

If the intention is to prevent an unvaccinated person infected with Covid, with symptoms or not, from entering one of those sites and spreading their virus to others, there can be no exceptions to foreigners who intend to do so without showing their vaccination cards.

These are the irritating privileges that cannot be admitted in the middle of a fight against the pandemic, in which it is not known who is a vector of transmission because no one is totally immune to the coronavirus, still vaccinated.

and

They protest against the 'mandatory vaccine'

https://listindiario.com/la-republica/2 … bligatoria

More than a hundred people gathered in front of the National Palace, in protest against the mandatory nature of the Covid-19 vaccine.

Launching slogans that read "no to the mandatory vaccine, if we live in freedom, why do they want to force us?", The protesters criticized that people who have not yet been inoculated against the coronavirus, they do not want to let them use the Metro, the cable car, entering universities and other spaces.

The protest was called by the political leader and pastor Carlos Peña, who expressed his opposition to the measures ordered by the Ministry of Public Health, and demanded the right to freedom that all Dominicans have to move freely.

The protesters are made up of the Los Hijos de Duarte movement, as well as pastors and independent people, who assured that no one will make them get vaccinated, because they are not laboratory mice.

Mrs. Gladys Félix reported that they filed an emergency amparo appeal, so that the American Dominican allows a young man to graduate who is prevented from receiving it, because he does not have the vaccine.

He said that in the country all the rights of people who do not want to be vaccinated are being violated.

He reported that they are going to install a permanent camp in front of the Government House, until President Luis Abinader lifts the restrictions regarding the Covid vaccine.

On her side, Marlene Abreu said that all they ask is that Dominicans who do not want to be vaccinated give them the freedom to lead a normal life, like those who have been vaccinated, because they have the right to free movement.

He said that his refusal to receive the vaccines is that they are experiments that no one is responsible for the damage they can cause to human beings.

In fact, some of the protesters dared to say that this virus was launched from the air by plane and that they now use human beings as guinea pigs, to do experiments without explaining the reasons.

Others attacked the Dominican press and dared to say that it is sold to the Government.

The children.

One of them was Elvis Samuel Méndez, who claimed to be a chiropractor, and made it clear that neither he nor his children will be inoculated. He said that his children have never been vaccinated, because he does not lend them to experiments.

Dictatorship.

He explained that the provision around the vaccine is a dictatorship, after adding that it is not opposed to the one who wants to vaccinate, to do so.

and

Tourists will be able to enter the hotels without a card or PCR

https://eldia.com.do/los-turistas-podra … ta-ni-pcr/

The Ministry of Tourism established that to enter the hotel facilities, a vaccination card against Covid-19 or PCR test will not be required, just as it will not be requested to enter the country.

According to the lifting of the state of emergency, the Ministry of Public Health ordered that the vaccination card with two doses be required for the entire population over 12 years of age to be able to attend work, public and private educational centers at all levels, as well as to places of public use.

The Ministry of Tourism ordered that for all tourist services and activities the distancing provisions and the mandatory use of the mask within closed spaces be maintained.

In this area, he indicated that to carry out activities that involve agglomeration of people, the authorization of the Ministry of Public Health and Social Assistance must be obtained.

Failure to comply with the Health Risk Management protocol against Covid-19 issued by Tourism, by the actors to whom they comment on this fact will entail actions and sanctions to their detriment established in the current measures.

Likewise, it will carry out visits, inquiries and inspections to the place to ensure that the protocols established by the Covid-19 are being complied with.

The Ministry of Tourism established that to enter the hotels and services offered within these and the hotel complexes to their guests, the vaccination card against Covid-19 will not be necessary, as well as the negative PCR test, nor to enter to the country.

and

Tourism: Dominicans and foreigners will have the same health protocols

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualidad/ … OM29342936

The Ministry of Tourism reported this Thursday that to enter public places outside tourist facilities, foreigners will have to present an identity document and a vaccination card, just like Dominicans.

Through resolution 0032/2021 issued this Thursday, it said that "in accordance with the protocols approved by the Civil Aviation Board within the framework of its powers, the presentation of vaccination cards to passengers arriving in the Dominican Republic will not be required. ”.

Likewise, in the third device it establishes that “for the entrance to the hotels and services offered within these and the hotel complexes to their guests, it will not be necessary to present the vaccination card against COVID-19, as well as the proof Negative PCR, established in resolution no. 00048, dated October eight (8), 2021, issued by the Ministry of Public Health and Social Assistance, taking into consideration the application of the strict risk management protocols previously approved for the sector ”.

Some of the news articles from today's Domincan press:

There can be no privileges

https://listindiario.com/editorial/2021 … rivilegios

Covid is fought in the territory and that is the reason why most countries require vaccination cards or PCR tests for foreigners who wish to enter them.

Here, paradoxically, that rule does not apply, which is a factor that weakens the internal fight against community transmission by neglecting the aspect of imported contagion that can come from foreigners, whether or not they are tourists, exempt from control.

Now that a cycle of restrictions is approaching to prevent all people over 12 years of age without being vaccinated from entering closed public or private centers, it is inconceivable that tourists who come here are excluded from that provision.

If the intention is to prevent an unvaccinated person infected with Covid, with symptoms or not, from entering one of those sites and spreading their virus to others, there can be no exceptions to foreigners who intend to do so without showing their vaccination cards.

These are the irritating privileges that cannot be admitted in the middle of a fight against the pandemic, in which it is not known who is a vector of transmission because no one is totally immune to the coronavirus, still vaccinated.

and

They protest against the 'mandatory vaccine'

https://listindiario.com/la-republica/2 … bligatoria

More than a hundred people gathered in front of the National Palace, in protest against the mandatory nature of the Covid-19 vaccine.

Launching slogans that read "no to the mandatory vaccine, if we live in freedom, why do they want to force us?", The protesters criticized that people who have not yet been inoculated against the coronavirus, they do not want to let them use the Metro, the cable car, entering universities and other spaces.

The protest was called by the political leader and pastor Carlos Peña, who expressed his opposition to the measures ordered by the Ministry of Public Health, and demanded the right to freedom that all Dominicans have to move freely.

The protesters are made up of the Los Hijos de Duarte movement, as well as pastors and independent people, who assured that no one will make them get vaccinated, because they are not laboratory mice.

Mrs. Gladys Félix reported that they filed an emergency amparo appeal, so that the American Dominican allows a young man to graduate who is prevented from receiving it, because he does not have the vaccine.

He said that in the country all the rights of people who do not want to be vaccinated are being violated.

He reported that they are going to install a permanent camp in front of the Government House, until President Luis Abinader lifts the restrictions regarding the Covid vaccine.

On her side, Marlene Abreu said that all they ask is that Dominicans who do not want to be vaccinated give them the freedom to lead a normal life, like those who have been vaccinated, because they have the right to free movement.

He said that his refusal to receive the vaccines is that they are experiments that no one is responsible for the damage they can cause to human beings.

In fact, some of the protesters dared to say that this virus was launched from the air by plane and that they now use human beings as guinea pigs, to do experiments without explaining the reasons.

Others attacked the Dominican press and dared to say that it is sold to the Government.

The children.

One of them was Elvis Samuel Méndez, who claimed to be a chiropractor, and made it clear that neither he nor his children will be inoculated. He said that his children have never been vaccinated, because he does not lend them to experiments.

Dictatorship.

He explained that the provision around the vaccine is a dictatorship, after adding that it is not opposed to the one who wants to vaccinate, to do so.

and

Tourists will be able to enter the hotels without a card or PCR

https://eldia.com.do/los-turistas-podra … ta-ni-pcr/

The Ministry of Tourism established that to enter the hotel facilities, a vaccination card against Covid-19 or PCR test will not be required, just as it will not be requested to enter the country.

According to the lifting of the state of emergency, the Ministry of Public Health ordered that the vaccination card with two doses be required for the entire population over 12 years of age to be able to attend work, public and private educational centers at all levels, as well as to places of public use.

The Ministry of Tourism ordered that for all tourist services and activities the distancing provisions and the mandatory use of the mask within closed spaces be maintained.

In this area, he indicated that to carry out activities that involve agglomeration of people, the authorization of the Ministry of Public Health and Social Assistance must be obtained.

Failure to comply with the Health Risk Management protocol against Covid-19 issued by Tourism, by the actors to whom they comment on this fact will entail actions and sanctions to their detriment established in the current measures.

Likewise, it will carry out visits, inquiries and inspections to the place to ensure that the protocols established by the Covid-19 are being complied with.

The Ministry of Tourism established that to enter the hotels and services offered within these and the hotel complexes to their guests, the vaccination card against Covid-19 will not be necessary, as well as the negative PCR test, nor to enter to the country.

and

Tourism: Dominicans and foreigners will have the same health protocols

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualidad/ … OM29342936

The Ministry of Tourism reported this Thursday that to enter public places outside tourist facilities, foreigners will have to present an identity document and a vaccination card, just like Dominicans.

Through resolution 0032/2021 issued this Thursday, it said that "in accordance with the protocols approved by the Civil Aviation Board within the framework of its powers, the presentation of vaccination cards to passengers arriving in the Dominican Republic will not be required. ”.

Likewise, in the third device it establishes that “for the entrance to the hotels and services offered within these and the hotel complexes to their guests, it will not be necessary to present the vaccination card against COVID-19, as well as the proof Negative PCR, established in resolution no. 00048, dated October eight (8), 2021, issued by the Ministry of Public Health and Social Assistance, taking into consideration the application of the strict risk management protocols previously approved for the sector ”.

I completely agree with the first article that there should be no privilege for foreigners. They should be held to the same standards.

I was in a French-owned business here in LT yesterday that has a sign on the door stating that masks are required. We were wearing our masks, like we always do in indoor environments, as were the employees that we were working with. The owner and his two customers were the only ones there not wearing masks.

I'm disappointed to hear that tourists won't be required to show either vaccine cards or negative tests on arrival. What they seem to be missing is that many "tourists" are either snowbirds, people booked at AirBnBs or staying in their own homes here. Sure, the vast majority of the tourists are staying at the all-inclusive resorts, but there are a lot of accommodations here that are not all-inclusive and those people will be at least attempting to go to public places and take transportation. It seems much easier to address that on entrance to the country.

THe one element of the Covid situation is that ALL pers arriving by air from the US or Canada are required to have negative PCR tests in order to board the aircraft. Not sure what airlines departing from other areas of the world do. Even cruise ships require negative testing now and passengers can be tested on board apparently as well. Perhap this is part of the reasoning for no cards. I personally will have no issue with such - part of being in the country - why stick out?!!?

are you sure?  I flew in from New York on September 10th and was not required to have a PCR test to board.  Can you point to the announcement of the change?

also I WAS required to show my vax card at immigration - if I didn't have one, would have been directed to the instant testing line.

Negative pcr test or proof of vaccination from US.  American  Airlines was very lax in checking if we had the QR code from eticket (we boarded in Ohio with connecting in Miami. The handlers in Puertp Plata just asked if we has either. This was an arrival date of 25 September .

do you know when that changed?  as I said a month ago there was no requirement for one to board.

We also flew in on July 5 and we were required then also

We we flew over in July we went to the Dominican site and uploaded our vaccine info and we're give n a QR code to show at airport checkin and also when departing customs at puerto plata

From GOV Can website; Vaccine requirements for travellers
Effective October 30, travellers will need to be fully vaccinated in order to board. Specifically, the vaccination requirement will apply to all travellers 12 years of age and older who are:
Air passengers flying on domestic, transborder or international flights departing from airports in Canada
Rail passengers on VIA Rail and Rocky Mountaineer trains
Marine passengers on non-essential passenger vessels, such as cruise ships, on voyages of 24 hours or more

Definitely required for departure. A friend visited in September and I also flew in September and neither of us were required to show a pcr test to board,
I did the QR code too and it didn't require a pcr inbound

Yep Returning to the Mother land of Canada you require a negative PCR test

Ah sorry. Up above someone said you needed a pcr test to board in the US, which I don't believe is true.

Ministry of Labor: Employer is obliged to "adopt measures" in the face of health risk

https://noticiassin.com/pais/ministerio … ud-1171042

Two days after citizens begin to present their vaccination card, the Ministry of Labor reported that as a preventive measure, the employer is obliged to "adopt measures that put collective protection before individual protection."

The institution indicated that the owner has an ethical and moral duty, as well as a legal obligation, to take control measures against any risk that has been identified, regardless of whether or not it is contained in these Regulations.

In view of the above, the Ministry of Labor reminded citizens that employers have the obligation to form the Occupational Health and Safety Committees, with the workers having the obligation to participate in them.

Here is the statement.

Taking into account the health risk situation that the Covid-19 pandemic continues to generate, the Ministry of Labor, fulfilling its role as regulator of labor relations in the Dominican Republic, issues this statement. This communication is intended to serve as a guide for employers and workers to ensure their health and safety in the employment relationship.

To this end, and in compliance with the constitutionally established mandate where the public powers are ordered to promote dialogue and agreement between workers, employers and the State, the Ministry of Labor hereby agrees to urge the workers and employers to comply with the provisions established in resolution number 48-2021 of the Ministry of Public Health and Social Assistance.

Likewise, in order to guide the population and facilitate the correct and productive development of labor relations, the Ministry of Labor is pleased to remind citizens of the following legal provisions:

The provisions of article 62, numeral 8 of the Dominican Constitution, which establishes the following: “It is the obligation of every employer to guarantee adequate conditions of safety, health, hygiene and work environment for their workers. The State will adopt measures to promote the creation of bodies made up of employers and workers to achieve these ends. "

The provisions contained in Decree 522-06 on Occupational Safety and Health where the rights and obligations of workers and employers in matters of occupational safety and health are detailed, among which are the following:

Article 4.1: "Workers have the right to effective protection in terms of safety and health at work."

Article 5.1.3.e: "Workers ... must in particular: ... Contribute to the fulfillment of the obligations established by the competent authority, in order to guarantee safety and health at work."

Article 6.1.1: "In compliance with the duty of protection, the employer must guarantee the safety and health of the workers in his service, in all aspects related to work, adopting for these purposes as many measures as necessary."

Article 6.1.4 .: "The costs related to the adoption of measures aimed at guaranteeing safety and health at work shall not fall in any way on the workers."

As a preventive measure, the employer is obliged to: Article 7.7: "Adopt measures that put collective protection before individual protection."

Article 7.15: "The employer has the ethical and moral duty, as well as the legal obligation, to take control measures against any risk that has been identified, regardless of whether or not it is contained in these Regulations."

In view of the above, the Ministry of Labor reminds citizens that employers have the obligation to form the Occupational Health and Safety Committees, with the workers having the obligation to participate in them.

It is these bodies made up of employers and workers, which have the responsibility and obligation to adopt measures that contribute to the collective and individual protection of workers. For this reason, this ministry calls to keep the Occupational Health and Safety Committees active, as an essential mechanism to channel and resolve issues

linked to the well-being of workers in terms of health so that they continue to contribute to the productivity of the Dominican family.

To this end, citizens are informed that the Ministry of Labor makes all its technical teams available to workers and employers, especially Labor Inspectors and specialists from the General Directorate of Hygiene and Industrial Safety, to collaborate in the application of the provisions of the government in the fight against Covid-19.

and

Banks will require a vaccination card from next Monday

https://eldia.com.do/bancos-requeriran- … imo-lunes/

The Superintendency of Banks, the Association of Multiple Banks of the Dominican Republic (ABA) reported that their associates will require, starting next Monday, October 18, the presentation of a vaccination card at the entrance of branches and bank offices .

Visitors must present their identity card and vaccination card, containing at least two doses of the vaccine against covid-19, except for vaccines that require a single dose, the ABA explained in a press document.

He clarified that both documents can be presented in original, in legible physical copy or digital photograph. Also, the results of an original PCR test can be shown, with negative detection, with a maximum of seven (7) days of being carried out by a laboratory authorized by the Ministry of Public Health or a special permit issued by said body.

The union specified that, according to the resolution, on a temporary basis the entry to the establishments will be admitted to people vaccinated with a single dose and are within the term to place the second dose as announced by the Minister of Public Health.

In addition, he recalled that the mandatory use of masks is maintained, respect for physical distancing, disinfection of spaces, as well as the occupation of up to 75% of the establishment's capacity, among other measures to avoid the spread of coronavirus.

The ABA encouraged users to use modern digital channels, ATMs and bank subagents enabled by financial intermediation entities, where they can carry out their transactions quickly and efficiently.

and

They warn: They will submit public officials who deny services for not presenting a vaccination card

https://noticiassin.com/pais/someteran- … on-1170980

Just when there are three days to go before the mandatory nature of the anti-COVID vaccination card comes into effect, movements that oppose the measure warn that they will bring to justice public officials who deny services to Dominicans for not present your proof of immunization as of Monday.

The search for the first dose of the anti-COVID vaccine continues to be the one in greatest demand in inoculation centers, especially by the young population.

And although some agree that the vaccination card is required to enter public and private spaces, as well as public transport, in the last several organizations have expressed their rejection of the mandatory measure.

In the case of the Generation of Servants movement and other groups that demonstrated in front of the National Palace this Thursday, they warned that they will bring to justice public officials who deny services to Dominicans for not presenting a vaccination card, so that they will have to pay. with their own assets the damages caused.

With the date approaching for people to present their vaccination card, it is expected that this weekend attendance at the inoculation centers will increase considerably.

and

Government says population "has accepted" new Public Health measures regarding presentation of vaccination card

https://listindiario.com/la-republica/2 … vacunacion

The spokesman for the presidency, Homero Figueroa, said that the measurements of the Executive Branch indicate that a large percentage of the population has shown itself in favor of the new special measures taken by the Government, which establish that the vaccination card will have to be presented. against the coronavirus (Covid-19) to enter public and private places for public use.

“The majority of the population has accepted these measures as good and valid, and the proof of their support is the number of people who have decided to get vaccinated in recent days; we are respecting individual freedom but the collective benefit of the Dominican people asks everyone to get vaccinated to achieve immunity, "explained the communications officer of the Executive Branch when questioned about the rejection of various sectors of society towards these measures after considering them" mandatory ”.     

That issue was one of the discussed in the meeting "without an agenda" called by Luis Abinader, which turned out to be classified as a Council of Ministers.

The progress of the Office of the Comptroller General of the Republic in relation to the internal audits of the Government and the restructuring of the communications department was also discussed at said meeting. It lasted just over an hour.   

"We evaluate the great success and reception that the latest measures of the Ministry of Health have had with respect to the presentation of the vaccination card, we have had a record of citizens getting vaccinated, yesterday we had about 71,000 and if we continue with that rhythm, perhaps in several weeks we will be able to overcome the lag that we had two months ago ”, argued Figueroa.

2VPsoldier, Please stop putting out FALSE info on this site.  You seem to be just making up things on your own.  PCR tests are not required to fly to the DR, but are required to board going out to US and Canada.  Why do you start this crap?

All can say is that I required a Negative PCR test coming from Canada via American Airlines, with two stops in the USA, and one going back from the DR via American......and all airlines in Canada flying international require the test.  Therefore, while the airline you flew may not be doing so, other MAJOR ailines are. SO - NOT false info...

2VPsoldier wrote:

All can say is that I required a Negative PCR test coming from Canada via American Airlines and one going back from the DR via American......and all airlines in Canadaflying international require the test.v Therefore, while the airline you flew may not be doing so, other MAJOR ailines are. SO - NOT false info...

Did you have a stop over in the U.S.? If so, that's why you needed a PCR test to fly to the DR, it's not for the DR, it's to fly into America from Canada. Now going back to Canada from the DR you do need a PCR test.

But I did see someone post that you needed a PCR test to enter the U.S., and that's partly true, but you can have just an Antigen test to fly into America, I know because I've done it twice.

Allor is correct. It is because of Canada to US requiring it and not to DR. I am in from US often and not required to enter DR with one but have seen random covid tests asks for results at times. Leaving to US you need negative test.

So back to DR - there is no requirement for testing flying in but you could be randomly tested on arrival

Vaccine cards not required for tourists flying in and going to resort.

Any activity off resort will require vaccine proof including casinos,  bars, shopping and excursions.

Monday vaccine cards requires for all in DR for shopping, banking, all govt services, bars restaurants, public transportation  etc. 

Onus of enforcement is on the businesses including private employers to safeguard employees. 

Govt has hired and trained inspectors as well as current staff.  Fines for non compliance are fairly steep but getting your business shut down is probably the fear.

Yes some are complaining but the public supports this.

Hope that clarifies.

The legality of the new regulations will be settled very shortly with the prompt hearing of this appeal on Monday.

TSA will hear on Monday an appeal against a resolution to measures imposed by Public Health

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualidad/ … NP29378270

The lawsuit was filed by attorney Yan Carlos Martínez Segura

Decision of the Ministry of Public Health to order the presentation of a vaccination card against COVID-19 to access places of public use meets legal objections that must be decided in the courts of Justice.

The Presidency of the Civil and Commercial Chamber of the National District Court of First Instance formally summoned the Presidency of the Republic , the Ministry of Health and its head Daniel Enrique De Jesús Rivera for allegedly "having various constitutional violations" regarding the obligatory nature of the vaccination card.

The appointment was dated for Monday , October 18, at 10:00 in the morning.

The amparo appeal was filed motu proprio by the lawyers Yan Carlos Martínez Segura and Eli Saúl Barbi Castro, who requested that the procedure be declared of extreme urgency and be known before 18 of this month of October of this year 2021.

The lawyers raised their instance against the Presidency of the Republic, represented by Luis Abinader - and the Ministry of Public Health, in the person of its head Daniel Enrique de Jesús Rivera Reyes.

They argue that the Public Health provision violates articles of Constitution 38 (Human dignity); 39 (Right to equality); 40 (Right to liberty and personal security); 42 (Right to personal integrity); 62 (Right to work) and 74 (principles of application and interpretation of fundamental rights and guarantees).

In addition, articles 3 and 4 of Law 107-13 on the Rights of People in their Relationships with the Administration and Administrative Procedure.

"Because there is a serious threat to the fundamental rights of the community, as a result of the plaintiffs, a threat that involves the limitation of broad constitutional rights, to millions of citizens with unsuspected consequences and generating consequences that even disturb the peace and public order, generating chaos, violence and disorder on the roads, public transport and recreational spaces, ”the document dated October 10 argues.

The quote is contained in Civil Order no. 504-2021-SAUT-0345 with the unique case number 2021-0020013.

If the government loses the case regarding having everyone going into public and government run organizations showing a vaccine card, then the government can possibly start up a new State of Emergency just to enact the vaccine card requirements.

We will know soon. For every  "constitutional expert" saying its illegal I have seen  9 who say it is!

Lets just wait and see.

Three stops this morning, and I can report back that the new mandate is not being enforced at the pharmacy (surprising!), Mail Boxes, Etc., or at Super Pola here in LT.

We were prepared with copies of our vaccine cards on our phones, just in case.

Denise, I asked at Lindo yesterday whether there were new rules today and they said they didn't know yet.  it looks like there hasn't been very clear guidance.

Does anyone know how things are in the capital?  Specifically interested interested in restaurants as we haven't completed our 2 vaxes yet

Hard to know as its only first day on this new  requirement.   Today I went to a grocery store and had to show my card. 

If you are still waiting  due to timing of your second vaccine you are fine. IF you are  outside the time you should have gotten it,  you could have an issue.

cdavis1175 wrote:

Governments forcing people by taking away their daily activities and way of living it's crazy. Like the Jews sewing stars on their garments  so the government in Germany knew if they were Jewish. Never had to show my other vaccines I have received in the past. World is changing what can we do sad but true.

Really??  You had to go there.  This site is really transforming from an informative site to disinformation and the topics are being politicized more and more.

Just speaking what I think and it's true if you have to show a card to go into a grocery store to get basic necessities. Anyone should get the vaccine if they want it. But with a 97 percent survival rate just don't feel it should be forced on everyone with gate checkers at la sirena . And I love this sight... giving  insight for people moving here from my time here and others from here as well. But remember this is a site of opionions you might like Punta Cana and I could say it sucks...so it's just opinions given and each person can take it and do what they like with that said opinion. But in the end nobody should get butt hurt over a harmless opinion.

cdavis1175 wrote:

Just speaking what I think and it's true if you have to show a card to go into a grocery store to get basic necessities. Anyone should get the vaccine if they want it. But with a 97 percent survival rate just don't feel it should be forced on everyone with gate checkers at la sirena . And I love this sight... giving  insight for people moving here from my time here and others from here as well. But remember this is a site of opionions you might like Punta Cana and I could say it sucks...so it's just opinions given and each person can take it and do what they like with that said opinion. But in the end nobody should get butt hurt over a harmless opinion.

Except some of these "opinions" are very  very harmful and will NOT be allowed. Period.

This is about following the law,  using  science and respecting where we live. Anyone who cannot do that will have their posts removed.