Tame topic; the elevated railway

is the elevated railway finished and if not what is taking so long? has anyone ridden it yet? I googled and all I could find is that VN began construction in 2011 and as of yet 13 kilometers have been built. I saw a picture of the engine and it looked older than the train engines....

Ha Noi or Saigon?

originally supposed to have a first short segment running in december of this year it's been pushed back to 2022 due to covid: https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/saigo … 37020.html

dionstravels wrote:

originally supposed to have a first short segment running in december of this year it's been pushed back to 2022 due to covid: https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/saigo … 37020.html

If you mean Saigon, you didn't see this.  Courtesy @yoga

Completion of first HCMC metro line delayed again.  --- 2024  :huh:

Translate in Chrome as usual.

lord enki wrote:

is the elevated railway finished and if not what is taking so long? has anyone ridden it yet? I googled and all I could find is that VN began construction in 2011 and as of yet 13 kilometers have been built. I saw a picture of the engine and it looked older than the train engines....

Haha no.. and yet every apartment listing you see always says near metro..

ha Noi

Jlgarbutt wrote:
lord enki wrote:

Haha no.. and yet every apartment listing you see always says near metro..

They are listing properties near Metro stations for phase 2 & 3. Last year I went to see apartments being built next to a station on Phase 3 & the mock up showed a train in the station next to the apartment block. In the conversation with the selling person I had a laugh & said.......oh thats brilliant  when will the Metro 3 be completed.......he did not even bat an eye lid & said 2 years from now. I said oh thats very good considering they have not even finished phase 1, have not even started phase 2 so you might actually see a train there in 20 years time..............blank look & moved on to the next sucker waiting for his speel. As some people know from my previous posts on the forum I have been involved buying a few places here in Vietnam & one thing I have learned early on..................never ever believe anything a property selling agent tells you!!!!

I came here to work on the Sai Gon metro for one year.  I have been for 4.5 + years. I ask myself why? - there is no answer.

dougt wrote:

I came here to work on the Sai Gon metro for one year.  I have been for 4.5 + years. I ask myself why? - there is no answer.

Well I know zero about elevated railways but having looked at your profile I can ask you in 4.5+ years how is your hobby of vacuum tube amplifiers progressed with Nhat Tao at your doorstep haha a gold mine for people looking for such stuff, its like a candy store to an ex aircraft sparky heaps to look at and explore

dougt wrote:

Every railway needs sleepers . Keep up the good work .