Marriage capacity certificate

Hi everybody,

me and my futur spouse are planning o get married asap, our issue is that she is dutch and lives in France since 2012and i am living in Morocco and we don't know what will be the best way to get married and to be able to join her where she lives in Paris
please let us know how we should do if the marriage capacity certificate  is suitable for our situation and how long that will take for me to get my visa

many thanks

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Assuming your partner still holds Dutch nationality, then you can get married in the Netherlands; I suggest she contacts the Gemeente where she used to live and makes enquiries there.  There is normally a waiting list for the most popular days.

As for how soon will it take to get your visa; the Dutch Government website has all the details; this link will take you straight there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Hi,
Thank you for your answer, my partner is a dutch citizen, she still holds the dutch nationality, the issue is that i am living in morocco and if we have to get married in netherland i should apply for visa and i am not sure if i will get it.
my question is, how can we procede for the marriage capacity certificate if we'd like to get married in morocco and how much time that take to get it, how much time that take to get the visa
and i want to know if it's necessary to make a lunguage test in that kind of situation or not

many thanks

Hi again.

Morocco - I have no idea of the requirements there; we do have a Moroccan forum where you can ask any questions about getting married in Morroco; this link will take you straight there.

With regards to obtaining a visa; you will need one; this link will take you to the Dutch Government website that has the details.

At the moment you can't travel to the Netherlands because Morocco is on their Covid travel ban list.  The complete website on advice for Covid related matters in the Netherlands can be found at this link.

Depending on the type of visa you opt for, you may require to take a Dutch language exam as part of your MVV.

My advice is for you and your partner to discuss the various options, then for her to speak to the IND and the Gemeente in the Netherlands to make sure that you have all that you need in order for you to get married there.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

Thank you so much

https://www.utahcounty.gov/dept/clerkau … emony.html
Online.