I want a residence permit in turkey

How can I start the process

Good afternoon my friend. My name is Dennis and 7 weeks ago I moved from the USA to Kusadasi, Turkey.

Please first explain if you are in Turkey already or are you coming from another country and I will start to help you all I can.

In my fourth week here in Kusadasi, I already obtained my paperwork giving a long-term residency ( 2 years renewable).

Once you answer my question. I will better understand how to help you the best.

hope to hear from you soon.

Merhaba, adumelukerry2020

As a quick response, starting the process begins with first moving to Turkey under a tourist visa. This gives you a window of time to set things up in order to prepare what you need to apply for the residency visa.

Before I moved to Turkey, I took a two week trip to find a home and get a rental contract signed. Once that was established I moved my family and started  working on all the requirements that must be done in Turkey. I'm sure Dennis will be able to help and inform you with the details, but hopefully this helps to encourage you to see that the process is practical and possible.

Morning m'y friend

I Can help you but first want to know which type of visa you have and when it expire

I m from ethiopia in addis abeba

Hi Dennis, thank you for very much for responding.im Rifas living in Sri Lanka father of 4 kids. doing a mall scale business for survival here in my country. I would very much like to know information about getting a residence permit/ schooling facilities in turkey. and also different ventures for survival. .Thank you

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone has been well during these challenging times.

I am from Sydney Australia planning on finding residency and work in Istanbul, Turkey. Business in Sydney isn't doing so well and id like to try out Istanbul.

I read within these discussions that an option is to travel to Turkey via a tourist visa and then apply for another visa? Id like to be able to run my own design business in Turkey and would greatly appreciate your suggestions/advice.

Also, anyone that could let me know if working in Istanbul will require a person to be vaccinated would be much appreciated.

Best regards,

Ahmed J.

Dear
I ve been working in resident permit and work permit since 2010
If you need any assistance
Please text me back
I am based in Istanbul

How can i be able to get a work permit or residence permit in Turkey. How much will the cost be.

Hi safa
I'm verry happy ,can you help me too please
God bless you

dncole4156 wrote:

Good afternoon my friend. My name is Dennis and 7 weeks ago I moved from the USA to Kusadasi, Turkey.

Please first explain if you are in Turkey already or are you coming from another country and I will start to help you all I can.

In my fourth week here in Kusadasi, I already obtained my paperwork giving a long-term residency ( 2 years renewable).

Once you answer my question. I will better understand how to help you the best.

hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Dennis,
I'm planning to move to Turkey but not sure where exactly. Is Kusadasi affordable? Would you recommend it for someone  who speaks English?
Thanks for your time!

hi sir,
please give me your whatsapp no to discuss you about residence permit visa turkey

Hello everyone
Ive been living in Turkey for 8 months already . Can you help me to find out groups in whats app or telegram where people speak English about Turkey? Do you know any of such groups?

How can I start the process& where?

My name is Abigail please I want to move to Turkey with job permit please help me

Good morning abigail

Getting a work permit in turkey is a long process ( not less than 5 mounths ). first of all you have to move to turkey ( even as visitor or for business ) and get your resident permit proving that you are in and live in. After this, you can apply for work permit according to your professional experience and your diplomas.

Maybe you can contact your local  turkish ambassy for more informations.

good luck

Hello,

Hi, I am studying in one of the very prominent universities in Turkey Istanbul University Faculty of Law and I know people who is attorney that can help you easily in that situation. Residence permit is a compelling procedure to do. Procedure will not be done after you go to your appointment, honestly, it will be just getting started.  If you request an attorney to all those procedure get solved and do it for you instead solve them with by yourself, feel free to leave me a message or e-mail that i attached below. I will conduct you to my familiar attorneys who are expertised in these areas.

Ulaş Kendirlioğlu

@dncole4156
Hi Dennis, my name is Amjad I would like to move to Turkey with my wife and 3 kids. Could you please help and advise me please. My WhatsApp is +447533197292. Would really appreciate it. I'm still in the UK looking to move this year
@Safab
Hi how are you this is my wats app number +263771746105
I need information and help on how to get a residence permit
@Amjad9 unless you buy a house, register at a university, get a work permit, start your own business or marry with a Turkish citizen, it's impossible to move to turkey just like that and maintain residency, short-term residence permit ( under tourism ) is currently not given to first time applicants. These are the current conditions,  It's better to discuss it with a lawyer before you make plans.
Good luck.
@Guest4567 I am just cynical, but if doing so well (having your own business even if not too well) why do you have not existing connections helping you. Why Turkey and why not get professional help.

I have/had my own company, I would not go to this forum for professional advice.

What can I say, difficult to get a residency permit, difficult to get a job, both possible, but you have to have qualifications and also people who want to help you (please stay away from offersm the world is commercial enough to offer you something if you are food).

By the way Turkey?

@Amjad9 Congratulations on your intention to come to Turkey, a great county I have to say.

Still (it does not differ too much from other countries) will you burden to society??

If you buy a property and EUR 100 K I would say no problem, but key is can you beneficial to Turkish society (taxes, restaurants, shopping, a special job)

I come from Western Europe, of couse you are  a REAL refugee (few in my opionion) sthis is fine, people looking for great careers (in Turkey) with no real additions (Turkey has great people themselves) no chance (or should not have).

If you are able t o contribute with your capital in my view very welcome, taking jobs from Turkish good people, NO, NO
@im_tamina Hello tamina, if you still look for those groups. We have such group that organizes such activities and/or reply to your messages and give any necessary information.

Please check your DM!
@adumelukerry2020

By finding a lawyer. And Incidentally, i am a lawyer.🙂
@Guest4567

Mr. Ahmad,

Any business venture would need you to obtain a relevant permit, therefore you will need a help of an expert on its field. You may also need an audit, and/or CPA, bookkeeper and vice versa.

I also advise clients upon labor,commercial and social security law and give them a run on best practices to run a business as you can see this country is cheaper then any other destination you may have.

But don't throw your chances and money away by going on a venture, on your own.

I would share my contacts with you but due to the site's policy I am unable to do it.

Regards

Atty. Gökhan Vural
Hello i am kainat u can contact me her3 for more details i am from turkey 905528279691 thanks

@Amjad9  Hello Amjad9. I just invited you to my WhatApp link so we can begin talking about your potential move to Turkey with your wife and three children.

by the way, I agree with what Mohamed said but we will talk about it further after you contact me on WhatsApp
THIS MAY HELP

This is an update to my previous post back in 2020 .. reasons why to move or retire in Turkey.
Well, things changed world wide :(
The Covid disastor, the lack of available truck drivers, the high delays and cost of international shipping,
world wide high inflation on all consumer goods, and yes the war in the Ukraine. Things are very vey high in Turkey now...
so if you have not purchased back in 2020... you will pay for it now.
Here are the updated cost of living in Turkey: _
Mainly what changed is the food and consumer goods prices is 2 to 4 times higher than 2020 due to inflation.
Cars are 3 to 4 times higher than 2020. Apartments purchase is 3 to 4 times higher than in 2020
Car or Apartment Rentals is 3 to 5 times what it was in 2020. this is all due to high demands. people are coming to Turkey from all over the world.
with this being said. you still can retire for $1,500 per month. but it will be tight. Providing you purchased your car and your new apartment already. if not. then you need at least $1,700 to retire comfortable $1,700 currently it is equals to 25,2267 LIRA . You'll live great! if single, if a couple, you still live super but, if you have more than one kid then you will need minimum of $2,000 to $2,500 per month to live super comffie as a family of 4 or maybe 6
Reasons why you should Move or Retire in Turkey in 2022
The country is very clean and safe it has all types of services like in America but at a lower cost.
Very safe to walk the streets, very low crime rate
Free schools; make sure you bring the official transcripts with you
Purchase old or new apartment and u get permanent residency visa
You need at least $1,700 per month to Live Great in Turkey that is equals to 25,2267 LIRA per month ...
that is alot of money believe me
Living costs from Low to High living per month as follows:
One time visit visa for =$25 good for 3 months
1 year visit visa= one person single =$150 one year
1 year visit for the whole family with kids =$350 one year -- $700 for 2 year visa
Apartment Rent furnished/ unfurnished & Low to High = $235 to $ 500 per month
Cost to Furnish your apartment A/C, Kitchen, Bedrooms,etc. Low/High = $4,000 to $7,000
Apartment services fees= $15 to $110 per month
Monthly Food shopping = $250 to $ 500 per month
Electric Bill= $40 to $ 200 per month
Gas Bill (cooking) = 26 per month
Water Bill= $5 to $25 per month
Fast Internet/Cable= $12 to $ 29 per month
Cell phone= Minutes, SMS and Data = $5 to $10 per month
Buying a good used car = $10,000 to $14,500
Car Fuel (gas) = $50 to $100 per month
Car Insurance full coverage = $270 per year
** Buying a new apartment = $95,000 to $300,000
I would suggest you purchase directly from the Turkeish Builder.
TO get Turkish citizenship purchase from a Turkish builder an Apartment that is worth $400,000 ..
Be advised, Real estate Agents hike up the prices $15k to $25K more than what the Selling owners is asking for.

I appreciate your feedback :) indeed .... Restaurants were very cheap.. this no longer the case.. if you want to eat out every day ...it used to be 2500 lira.. now it is around 5000 lira a month for 2 people.  good lunch or dinner may cost 250 to 300 LIRA now that is $335 per month 

so you still can live comffie for $2000 per month that is 29,999 lira ... lots of money in here :)

the cost is high now compared to 2020 that is if you're Turkish and having a Turkish job.  but for Expats like us.  it is still the same in Dollars.   :)

i spend $1500 to $1700 per month.. that is nothing in America.. can't even get a good house in a good area for $1700 a month..   

So we are very lucky to live very comffie in Mahmutlar for $1700 amonth. and we smoke too..
we own a new apartment and a used car..  I highly recommend those who want to live in Turkey to purchase an apartment and a good car...
the low/high ranges i listed are just that .  you may get it or spend that low or if you want to be in a higher living scale you will pay up to that listed high range. 
if you have kids and want to put them in private schools. then plan to spend upt to 30,000 lira per child per year..  i did not list that because public schools are free :)
again i appreciate yours and anyone's feedback

correction -  9000 lira per month if you eat out everyday.  that is $620 per month.  we dont eat out every day.   thats why my calcualtion was off :)    so i guess if you plan to eat out every day.. then you will need at least $2500 per month and if you have kids in privat schools.. then add at least $1000 per motnh.. so you will need $3,500 per month... and that still is way cheaper than the USA... my avergae monthly spending was $6,000 per motnh and every month...   so Thank God for Turkey :)
@Fandango2020 thanks for a great overview of how things are!

we are from bosnia and plan to live in turkey from october to may/june, and the rest to be back home.

i have a job, working online, so it is the same for me whether i am here or there or anywhere.

we have been twice in alanya for a 2-3 weeks, to "taste" the life. the change in prices is exactly as you say. everything went up at least double.

now, we bought an apartment (alanya, kargicak), which we will be moving in around new year's. we plan to use our car with bosnian plates. is that a problem there? the car will be with us for 7-8 months per year?

also, do you have any info on starting a business, did you come across someone who could give useful information on this? i am thinking either to start a business there or to establish a non-governmental organisation.

thanks!
@Fandango2020 Admittedly the channel is in German, but my comment on expenses is in English (very much aligned with your views, but please have a look (looking forward to your feedback))

Please refer to replies sections

@adumelukerry2020 

hi ,

first of all, you must determine which type of residence permit do you want or better for you?

for more information check this site: https://www.primepropertyturkey.com/blo … mate_guide

after that I can guide you.

@avvuralgokhan

hello sir, I'm doctor based in India, it would be helpful if you guide me for the turkey residency process.

thank you
looking forward for you reply.
@Dr Sabiha Ghaffar Hi Dr Sabiha. I'm Rabbani from India. I have similar plans like you to move to Turkey. I know somebody who is from India can help you to relocate to Turkey. Please let me know if you want to connect with them.

Regards

Rabbani.
Sorry New Comers.   for this Bad and Sad news....

As of June 2022,  vistors to Turkey will be granted Tourist Visa without any issues.   However, Turkey is no longer granting 1 or 2 years Tourist residence visa, your application will be rejected and or not allowed to be submitted from the get go .     They are only allowing tourists residence renewals if you been here before 2022.    you may get a realestate residence visa only if you purchase an apartment or a house for at least $75,000  or if you purchase for $400,000 you may apply for Turkish citizenship.   

Student visa and Health treatment visa can be granted for the duration of college or treatment then you go back to the country you came from.   

Sorry for this news. but so you know before you spend alot of money and planing for nothing.
Inflation is high all over and around the world now.  same here now in Turkey... my  shopping per month for 4 people,  jumped from 2,000 lira back in 2018  to 8,000 LIRA per month in June 2022. 
@Fandango2020 I heard about this and me and my wife were lucky (I think) and Ikamet valid until end of 2023. Still I do not know what happens, also with the election coming on.

Turkey is however (still) a regulated state and I feel relatively safe as far as rights to Ikamet are concerned.
@Rabbani Shaik

hello sir,

it will be very helpful if you do so

thanks
@Fandango2020

Sorry New Comers.   for this Bad and Sad news....
As of June 2022,  vistors to Turkey will be granted Tourist Visa without any issues.   However, Turkey is no longer granting 1 or 2 years Tourist residence visa, your application will be rejected and or not allowed to be submitted from the get go .     They are only allowing tourists residence renewals if you been here before 2022.    you may get a realestate residence visa only if you purchase an apartment or a house for at least $75,000  or if you purchase for $400,000 you may apply for Turkish citizenship.   
Student visa and Health treatment visa can be granted for the duration of college or treatment then you go back to the country you came from.   
Sorry for this news. but so you know before you spend alot of money and planing for nothing.
@Dr Sabiha Ghaffar Sure Mam. I have sent you a private message. Please check.

Regards

Rabbani